Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge CBT2 Review - Aaportal.net

2»

Comments

• ManasuManasu Member UncommonPosts: 212

Originally posted by Baggs

Manasu, you completely missed my point.

I would appreciate it if you could elaborate it more.

What I understood is that you expressed your opinion about how PvE and PvP shall be balanced for a smooth gameplay.And you said that if PvErs hide and don't do the crafting/gathering work or the gear grinding work then PvPers will not be able to fight for something rewarding that they could actually use.That's what I got and I asnwered depending on that.

Sandbox MMORPGs that are not very well-known but definitely worth a look:

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)
  • ScrimMalteseScrimMaltese Member Posts: 469

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1nY1mO7qEE

ArcheAge doesn't really seem like the Sandbox I had envisioned. It looks more like a 3rd Person Darkfall focused on PVE. 

::sadface::

Originally posted by ScrimMaltese

ArcheAge doesn't really seem like the Sandbox I had envisioned. It looks more like a 3rd Person Darkfall focused on PVE. 

Mmm,definitely it will not only be focused on PvE. There's gonna be a RvR FFA PvP,where you will be able to kill whoever you want wherever you want(and having the proper punishes then).Also, in the North continent people will be able to build their own buildings,so guilds can engage in big PvP fights while conquering or defending the fortresses.Also there is no official word for full loot yet,so who knows? We may expect it in a PvP server(but I kinda doubt it).

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)

Originally posted by Romtim

Wait for the other races :D

I cant wait to see them in 3rd CBT.

Yeah neither can I wait, I'm REALLY curious to see the next 5 classes..J.Song said that they will be unique to ArcheAge image  so I expect something new and nice..

• ScrimMalteseScrimMaltese Member Posts: 469

Originally posted by Manasu

Mmm,definitely it will not only be focused on PvE. There's gonna be a RvR FFA PvP,where you will be able to kill whoever you want wherever you want(and having the proper punishes then).Also, in the North continent people will be able to build their own buildings,so guilds can engage in big PvP fights while conquering or defending the fortresses.Also there is no official word for full loot yet,so who knows? We may expect it in a PvP server(but I kinda doubt it).

Well, I was kinda taking about the subpar crafting and weird housing setup, which IMHO is really what keeps Darkfall from becoming a Sandbox. I guess that video didn't really show much on the intricacies crafting though. 

• RomtimRomtim Member Posts: 175

Hehe, that is a post 2cbt gstar promo video. Do not worry, everything is way more complicated than in that video :P

Originally posted by Manasu

Well, I was kinda taking about the subpar crafting and weird housing setup, which IMHO is really what keeps Darkfall from becoming a Sandbox. I guess that video didn't really show much on the intricacies crafting though. 

what do you mean under subpar crafting?

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

I have wanted to play this game for such a long time..

1 year to wait :D