Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Race Week is next? Which would you like to see?

Zeppelin5083Zeppelin5083 Member Posts: 410

We've had Human Week and Norn Week now, with the 3 races left being: Charr, Asura, and Sylvari.

My bet is that we will see Sylvari last, as they are the newest and ANet may want to hold off as long as possible before revealing a lot of information on them. However, I'd like to see Charr next, as their whole race is just...interesting.

Thoughts?

Comments

• RameiArashiRameiArashi Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Sylvari. I don't want to see charr at all.

After human week they skipped a week.

• Zeppelin5083Zeppelin5083 Member Posts: 410

Originally posted by RameiArashi

Sylvari. I don't want to see charr at all. After human week they skipped a week.

Ah I didn't know that. Thanks!

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Sylvari

It's going to take a lot to make me want to play as a Charr I think. The equivalent of the Orc campaign in Warcraft 3 and someone like Thrall to make see them as something other then murderous beast that I had to flee from in GW1.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Rooting (heh) for the Sylvari, mainly because I'm eager to see the re-design they've gone through.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Charr!

• mmrbaisitemmrbaisite Member Posts: 61

Asura (aww it's the lowest atm)

=)

• moguy1moguy1 Member UncommonPosts: 135

Im rooting for zepplin5083 to make more poll threads about characters. GO GO!! =)

Originally posted by moguy1

Im rooting for zepplin5083 to make more poll threads about characters. GO GO!! =)

hahaha is this a challenge?

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

Originally posted by Methos12

Rooting (heh) for the Sylvari, mainly because I'm eager to see the re-design they've gone through.

this.

i'm extremely intrigued to see how they're going to look after this remodel/redesign.

• DerykCHDerykCH Member Posts: 23

i cannot wait to c Sylvari's new look?bu i assume it will be last released

• therez0therez0 Member Posts: 379

As much as I would love to see the sylvari next, I doubt it will be... They will probably do asura next, followed by sylvari, and then do the controversial charr last.

But as much as I would love to see another race reveal, and given the limited time between now and PAX East... I think I would prefer a new profession reveal rather than a race reveal.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Asura or Sylvari would be nice!

• ZenakouZenakou Member Posts: 50

Asura, I want to see some laboratory events. And hopefully some of their racial abilities besides the golem.

Originally posted by Zenakou

Asura, I want to see some laboratory events. And hopefully some of their racial abilities besides the golem.

Do you think they will get more spell points because they are supposed to have a higher intelligence? That's the way a lot of MMO's look at it. I kind of hope GW2 does something a bit more original.

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by Zeppelin5083

Originally posted by Zenakou

Do you think they will get more spell points because they are supposed to have a higher intelligence? That's the way a lot of MMO's look at it. I kind of hope GW2 does something a bit more original.

Nope, GW2 does not have statistical differences between races like that. Racial traits were originally planned but were scrapped because of balance reasons. The only differences between races are looks, lore, story and racial skills.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

I want to see Sylvari next, but I guess we will see Charr next.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

I'd love to see the Sylvari next, but I have a feeling they're going to pull a Mesmer on us and make us wait =P

• LokomotivLokomotiv Member Posts: 106

I would like to see Sylvari next, we still know very little from them. But i think we will see Charr next.

• meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

What redesign?  What was wrong or what did they change and why?

• GamayunGamayun Member CommonPosts: 73

Definitely Sylvari. I think it's the race we know the least about, and after hearing the rumours that their appearance was revamped, I'm only more curious.

• meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

Charr, Norn and Sylvari are the races I am interested in most.  So, I have a 50/50 chance of seeing something I like.  But, it really doesn't matter, it will be interesting to see the others as well.

• RameiArashiRameiArashi Member UncommonPosts: 294

Originally posted by meleemadness

What redesign?  What was wrong or what did they change and why?

I didn't think anything was wrong but I guess I'm in a small minority. Apparently Anet has changed the appearance of the sylvari but they have't released any new sylvari images or videos as yet.