Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Look here for GW free trial link! Sticky Please!

2»

Comments

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242

The message box that said I had 10 hours of game time, said I had used 15 minutes, after I had used 15 minutes, so, to me, this means that game time is real time, and I could use all of this up in one day.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Originally posted by Lydon

Originally posted by zastroph

Any one who is considering trying this, don't bother, it only gives 10 hours of game play, and once you log out, it is almost impossible to log back in. (it has some lame protection where you have to type in not just your account name (which is generated by them at the time of account creation appending a @ncsoft to the end of your input account name), and your password, but also the name of the character that you have made after logging in the first time (so make a note of it). Also, after downloading the game, and then logging in, it then does a game client update. Would it not be better to update before logging in, like most other games...

I find it highly amusing that remembering your character's name is supposedly so hard it makes it "almost impossible" to log back in.

i have everything from guildwars and havent played in a while so if i need to log in today ?i would be in problem because i dont rember my toon name!

• zipzapzipzap Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by drbaltazar

Any one who is considering trying this, don't bother, it only gives 10 hours of game play, and once you log out, it is almost impossible to log back in. (it has some lame protection where you have to type in not just your account name (which is generated by them at the time of account creation appending a @ncsoft to the end of your input account name), and your password, but also the name of the character that you have made after logging in the first time (so make a note of it). Also, after downloading the game, and then logging in, it then does a game client update. Would it not be better to update before logging in, like most other games...

I find it highly amusing that remembering your character's name is supposedly so hard it makes it "almost impossible" to log back in.

i have everything from guildwars and havent played in a while so if i need to log in today ?i would be in problem because i dont rember my toon name!

lame? and here i thought i was to prevent account hacks.

beside even more games are using this system  then GW.  EVEs account management for instance

at 50yo i'm getting a bit on the lazy side, so having to type in more than just a password, is a turn off for me, but hey, if that's what you would rather be doing, instead of playing, go for it.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

at 50yo i'm getting a bit on the lazy side, so having to type in more than just a password, is a turn off for me, but hey, if that's what you would rather be doing, instead of playing, go for it.

You seem to be coming up with stupid excuses to complain about the game. There is a button which you can click and it will remember both your username and character name so all you have to do is type in your password.

Originally posted by drbaltazar

You can email ArenaNet about it. It took them 2 hours for them to come back! Soooo, no ,you are not in trouble as long as you try to apply some common sense.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

I saw that it has that feature, but to be able to use it, you need to enter the correct details first, I have tried several combinations of what should be the right details, and all I get is an error message.

• ografograf Member Posts: 19

this freeplay is not worth the time.

you would think with them coming out with a new game they want people to try the whole old game tio zsee if they might be interested in buying the new one

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

just an FYI for the readers. 

This trial is no good for old people that cannot remember what they name characters, or find it difficult to type an additional word. 

This trial of GW is also not a beta for GW2, so playing it does not represent GW2 as such.

Thanks to the OP for posting this, not only so that people can try out GW first before buying, but other people can also come to terms with their own inabilities.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

looks like you have a disability as well, you self centered fool!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Yeah, typing in the character name once is a bother, I understand if you are to old for that.

this stuff makes things a lot harder for hackers, if you can't bother to write in a name a single time (yes, it saves it as long as you use the same computer and no one else play) MMOs are probably not the right games to play anyways.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by ograf

this freeplay is not worth the time.

you would think with them coming out with a new game they want people to try the whole old game tio zsee if they might be interested in buying the new one

Gw1 is still packed with people. Giving away the old game for free when they plan to launch a new within a year sounds like bad business to me.

But maybe you think that Blizzard will make Wow free a year before Titan releases as well? I surely didn't get Diablo or Baldurs gate a year befor ethe sequels relesed.

A free trial of GW1 is a free trial of that game. If you want a free triaql of GW2 you will have to wait until the open beta, playing GW1 wont help you decide if you want to play GW2 anyways.

• ografograf Member Posts: 19

I didnt say free forever, a 15 to 30 day free play time limit and all problems solved

that would be a better time period, rather than just 10 hours.