Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA PvP

BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296

I heard the developers were from Lineage:

Will it have Reward PvP,  like Full Loot or Partial Loot,  PvP rank, anything?

Comments

• killamjlkillamjl Member UncommonPosts: 27

Yes

No, Nope, Hell No, Na

Its a Korean MMOG deisgned to look pretty and make a profit.  The Lore is weak, PVP is weak, but PvE is top notch.

And yes I will be playing it, just dont expect it to be anything other then a copy of a copy with better graphics, good polish, and lots of hype

• skoupidiskoupidi Member UncommonPosts: 244

Originally posted by killamjl

Yes

No, Nope, Hell No, Na

Its a Korean MMOG deisgned to look pretty and make a profit.  The Lore is weak, PVP is weak, but PvE is top notch.

And yes I will be playing it, just dont expect it to be anything other then a copy of a copy with better graphics, good polish, and lots of hype

And yes you have no clue about the game.And doubt you would be playing it

• SomnicideSomnicide Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by killamjl

The lore and PvP is weak? Have you seen or experienced level cap PvP yet? No?

Have you read the BOUNTIFUL amounts of TERA lore here? No?

....Cool.

Sup.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

The usual korean games are shallow sort of thing, i only have to laugh at least its easy to point out ppl with a narrow mind, when they point out Lineage and then attach weak pvp and weak lore to it. They give themselves away too easily as ignorant.

• DaitenguDaitengu Member Posts: 442

Originally posted by rav3n2

The usuak korean games are shallow sort of thing, i only have to laugh at least its easy to point out ppl with a narrow mind, when they point out Lineage like and then attach weak pvp and weak lore to it. They give themselves away too easily as ignorant.

I personally don't think it's just a Korean thing. I think it's themepark games in general that have shallow PvP. The only games where PvP can actually be meaningful would be sandbox type or hybrids.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by rav3n2

The usual korean games are shallow sort of thing, i only have to laugh at least its easy to point out ppl with a narrow mind, when they point out Lineage and then attach weak pvp and weak lore to it. They give themselves away too easily as ignorant.

There are only 2 games that come to my mind that had meaningful PvP and those games are Eve & L2 (UO was good but not at the level of the two above IMO).  Darkfall has the potential but it's held back by the lack of population among other things.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Randallt3mpRandallt3mp Member UncommonPosts: 168

Are there factions or territories? Or does everyone start in the same place?

Also if there isnt and we do all start together,  if open world PvP or PvP server exists, does that mean that I can be attacked by anyone at anytime.  Even by the people I started with? Anyone have info on this?

MMOs Played: FFXI,Age of Conan, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, GW2

Playing:None

Waiting For: Wildstar, The Repopulation, Archeage, TESO, Warhammer 40K:EC, EQN

• lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

Originally posted by Randallt3mp

Also if there isnt and we do all start together,  if open world PvP or PvP server exists, does that mean that I can be attacked by anyone at anytime.  Even by the people I started with? Anyone have info on this?

http://www.tera-online.com/content/faq

this should help.

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

Originally posted by lectrocuda

this should help.

ok thanks this somewhat answers my question. But more specifically what does open world pvp on a pvp server mean? Is it just complete anarchy with every player murdering each other for no reason with no rules, being contradictive to the games lore? or what?

• lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

this should help.

ok thanks this somewhat answers my question. But more specifically what does open world pvp on a pvp server mean? Is it just complete anarchy with every player murdering each other for no reason with no rules, being contradictive to the games lore? or what?

Im going to have to study the forums a little bit I guess for more detaile info.

It would appear that all pc's are the same faction.

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

this should help.

Im going to have to study the forums a little bit I guess for more detaile info.

It would appear that all pc's are the same faction.

I am wondering the same thing.  I am curious to see how TERA's combat works in an open PvP environment.  You HAVE to face your target to hit them...so if I'm fighting against an NPC, how can I watch my back?

OWPvP on TERA's PvP servers is entirely based on politics and guild warfare. You dont kill people because the game tells you to. You kill people because you dont like them, or they are in your way. Your only real allies are your guild. This doesnt mean it will be everyone slaughtering everyone for no reason. It just means if you want something, you'll likely have to fight for it. My best possible example is: A FFA PvP server is like being in the roughest part of Compton. 

Korea's servers arent fully PvP they are hybrids, but here are examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrauy6_BsKA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDxGfXKjAk&feature=player_embedded

Sup.

Originally posted by Somnicide

OWPvP on TERA's PvP servers is entirely based on politics and guild warfare. You dont kill people because the game tells you to. You kill people because you dont like them, or they are in your way. Your only real allies are your guild. This doesnt mean it will be everyone slaughtering everyone for no reason. It just means if you want something, you'll likely have to fight for it. My best possible example is: A FFA PvP server is like being in the roughest part of Compton. 

Korea's servers arent fully PvP they are hybrids, but here are examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrauy6_BsKA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDxGfXKjAk&feature=player_embedded

well then I guess it will all come down to the players. I like open world pvp in most games, when I know I have allies to help me other than just a few friends or guild.  I just remember how retarded AoC open pvp was with ganking parties and people several levels above me and no one giving a shit or helping me well because everyone was an enemy to everyone.  I just dont see how that kind of system can work for an mmo. It just attracts douchebag players, and doesnt really allow for good progression. Anyway, I guess it will all come down to the player base then or whether or not you can turn your "flag" on or off. Otherwise I will just go PvE I guess but I really dont care for all PvE either with just duels or something...

If it is like AoC I hope they will implement certain restrictions or a judicial system or something, after all AoC may have been less civilized and barbaric, but with Tera, its more Like a unified kingdom, Im pretty sure they dont want people just running rampant murdering their citizens lol.

If it is like AoC I hope they will implement certain restrictions or a judicial system or something, after all AoC may have been less civilized and barbaric, but with Tera, its more Like a unified kingdom, Im pretty sure they dont want people just running rampant murdering their citizens lol.

Thats exactly what they want for their PvP servers. You get ganked by a group, you grab a few friends and go back to return the favor. Then they grab their guild, you grab your guild and duke it out. Suddenly you have a big brawl with random people jumping in and picking sides. People going around killing you is just the start to rivalries, politics and guild wars. It's not all PvP all the time, because not everyone is your enemy. It's just that no one is your ally except your guild. You're going to die of course and it wont always be a fair fight. But who cares? The fun is in the fight either way. Some people (me) enjoy this much more than killing unknown 'enemies' just because they happen to have a red shirt on when I have blue.

If you dont like this, play on a PvE server. They have battlegrounds and in the open world everyone is your ally. Seems like thats right up your alley.

Sup.

• spookshowspookshow Member Posts: 4

so can we call this game (on a pvp server ofc) pvppve game ? i mean will we pvp for a world boss?

and you told battlegrounds(the most distugsting thing for me in a mmo) what size part they will have on game? will i have to go battlegrounds for my pvp gear? or they r just for fun?

• JamesErnstJamesErnst Member UncommonPosts: 53

Originally posted by spookshow

so can we call this game (on a pvp server ofc) pvppve game ? i mean will we pvp for a world boss?

and you told battlegrounds(the most distugsting thing for me in a mmo) what size part they will have on game? will i have to go battlegrounds for my pvp gear? or they r just for fun?

Will there even be "PVP" vs "PVE" gear.. maybe its just all the same.. we don't know how all that will work yet. right?

haha if there is something talking about gear more I'm interested! so please share.

--Gaymer Extraordinaire--

Originally posted by spookshow

Right now the cap is set at lvl50,  They will be adding a patch on march 15 that will add the political system along with some tweeks to the Priest class.  Voting & pvp for the King positions will start on the 16th.

They just added 3 rare world bosses a few days ago, have not heard of any pvp fights over the bosses yet but I'm sure that will change.

You earn medals from fighting in "BG's" and doing "Guild Quest".  You can use these medals in the "Guild Store" to buy items,  or if your guild is involved in the political system (guild member is a King or Lord) then the medals can be used to activate locked NPC's that give quest or add guards to various outpost, change spawn rates in zones, raise or lower taxes in zones.  We should know more about the system when it gets close to activation.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192

Originally posted by Somnicide

Thats exactly what they want for their PvP servers. You get ganked by a group, you grab a few friends and go back to return the favor. Then they grab their guild, you grab your guild and duke it out. Suddenly you have a big brawl with random people jumping in and picking sides. People going around killing you is just the start to rivalries, politics and guild wars. It's not all PvP all the time, because not everyone is your enemy. It's just that no one is your ally except your guild. You're going to die of course and it wont always be a fair fight. But who cares? The fun is in the fight either way. Some people (me) enjoy this much more than killing unknown 'enemies' just because they happen to have a red shirt on when I have blue.

If you dont like this, play on a PvE server. They have battlegrounds and in the open world everyone is your ally. Seems like thats right up your alley.

This^ is what i'd like to see

Well here's the up coming patch notes (translated) about part of the political system being added.

Posted by Riddell @ Nightside forum site.   http://forum.nightside.fr/index.php?/topic/118-highlight-on-the-lord/

Highlight on TERA's political system

Posted Image

The competition is off to a roaring start on the lands of Arborea.

Quite soon, anyone will be able to elect their lord in each and every region.

We hope every player will feel involved in the political system. And to achieve such feat, one need to use communication at its fullest.

From now on, let's talk about the political system.

What is the political system like?

Once chosen, the lords from each region will be in the middle of the political system.

The election of a lord is done through vote or by the means of success in the battlefields.

The political system follows three distinctive stages: the competition, the ballot and the reign. Each stage will be displayed under the UI's radar.

Posted Image

How the lords are elected?

When the vote period starts, each player will receive an in-game notification inviting to vote for the election of a lord.

Posted Image

To be eligible as a lord, candidates have to fulfill a couple of requirements. It is essential to be part of an active guild and to comply with the following criteria:

- Guild level should 3 or higher

- The candidate must be level 50 or higher

- The candidate must possess 100 gold medals and 3 million gold coins

- Only one candidate per guild

The registration period for the candidates lasts 24 hours. The voters will be able to cast their vote either at Velika or either at Allemantheia. An NPC dedicated to the task will be available to receive your votes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Every candidate must register to the previously mentioned NPC. Once the process is completed, the candidate will appear in the ballot window.

How to choose your candidate?

Once the registration period has ended, the registered candidates are listed in the region of their choice. The ballot will last during the 6 coming days.

Posted Image

Region - Means of election

On Arun

Ostgarath - Battlefield

Velika wilds - Vote

Val Aureum - Vote

Arcadia - Vote

Poporia - Vote

On Shara

Essenia - Battlefield

Westonia - Vote

Frontera - Vote

Link to world map:  http://www.tera-online.com/content/world-tera

Means of election are subject to change in the future.

Everyone can cast their vote restricted to the fact you can vote once per continent.

[…]

The players whom have voted for the newly elected lord will be awarded thank-you gifts for their support. All gifts will be distributed by mail, and it could be an HP potion.

Posted Image

To put forward a candidate, guilds need to stack on a certain amount of points in the battlefields, which will fire up the competition. The points needed to present a candidate can be gained by any member of the guild through victories in the battlefields.

The more points you gain, the higher your rank will be.

At this particular moment in time, your only focus should be to earn the more points you can to be able to present a candidate to the election.

What a lord can do

When the 6 days have passed, the lord will enter his 3-weeks long reign.

Posted ImagePosted Image

[…]

The lord will exercise its power over the land by talking to NPCs. Policies can be applied in selected regions by consuming political points.

Posted Image

Policy options - Points consumed per day

Switch of PK status of an area - 200

PvP item merchants (??) - 1500

Skills instructors location - 500

Stamina recovery NPC location - 500

Tax income from auction house - 500

By default, the lord earns a thousand points per day. The members pertaining to the lord's guild can increase this number by completing specific guild quests. These are displayed in the guild window.

Posted Image

Consequently, the more active the guild is, the more points will be earned for the sake of the regency!