Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Romance and Fantasy Online: New MMO like Anarchy Online: Futuristic Game with Fantasy!!!!!

WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402

You have to see this new mmo. It's spectacular. Here's the bio:

RFonline is a unique MMORPG currently taking Asia by storm! Alot of people managed to get a taste for this game back towards the end of 2004 when it was currently in OpenBeta for Korea.

RFonline stands for "Romance and Fantasy Online" and you will often hear mention of "RvR" which stands for Race VS Race because in RFonline you will find yourself pitted against the opposing two races.

If it follows the trend of previous successful Asian MMORPGs, it will port to NA/EU in no time. People in NA and EU have become so fascinated with the game, they've even endured lots of lag from the Asian servers to play the beta from start to end (they can't purchase online to play the release, because you must be of that location). So, we've taken the leap and we're currently the first English-speaking RFOnline dedicated website. There are not current English servers but we hope for some soon.

Here is a link the first English fansite where you can start the game on the Taiwan beta:

www.RFbase.com Romance and Fantasy Online Base

Even though the game is in CLOSED beta, the fansite offers tutorials on how to get in and offers giveaways of accounts. This is only for a short time, so join the fansite to join the beta now!!

Here are three movie links:
Movie 1
Movie 2
Movie 3 (Need DivX)

Here some some screenies:
RFonline Screenshots

::::08::

www.RFbase.com

Comments

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
  • kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

Oh my GOD !!!

Not another game with anime. :(

• WarcriminalWarcriminal Member Posts: 244

The movies look kick ass, but I bet the gameplay is the same old asian grind untill you drop dead of heartattack fomula other games of this type offer.

I whish someone would actually make a game that is half as fun as the opening cinemas allways look

• ForeverDawnForeverDawn Member Posts: 203
    yea dude, it doesnt look that good, it took Asia by storm, not the US.  It's gona take a lot more than some anime and coll cinems to sway our opinion about some game that you just told us about.  Im stickin wth Anarchy man, heh good luck finding ppl.

"Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young."

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

I speak Chinese and I looked at the screenshots. The players kept saying "Can't read English" over and over...

• ForeverDawnForeverDawn Member Posts: 203

And another thing, why are you promoting an Asian game in American waters, you don't think we are going to attack you?  It's not a very good game, from one gamer to another, no hard feelings, but the game sucks, big time.  Next time you think about promoting some type of game in the Anarchy Online folder, or anywhere else, ask yourself a question.  "Is this game good?" ok? thanks bro, catch ya later

imageForeverDawn (name on AO)

imageGwynidon (name on AO)

"I beat 250 billion other sperm for the role of me, I am SUPER SPERM!"

"Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young."

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Guys, be nice

It looks nice but unless we'll see it fully localised for english, i doubt many will take interest of it.

• RavenmgsRavenmgs Member Posts: 155

AO forums are infested with AO fanboys plane and simple, that game looks bad ass.

• AzathothAzathoth Member Posts: 357

Originally posted by Ravenmgs
    AO forums are infested with AO fanboys plane and simple, that game looks bad ass.

I don't play AO at all. And no, the game does not look bad ass. It looks just about like every other newer MMO out there these days.

Cartman has a big fat ass!

Originally posted by Azathoth

I don't play AO at all. And no, the game does not look bad ass. It looks just about like every other newer MMO out there these days.

You mean it looks like WOW, o wait it can't look like WOW because WOW is compleetly midevil so you must mean it looks like EQ2! Oh.. wait.. it cant' look like EQ2 because it's also another midevil knock off. Then mabey it's just like EVE Online? Oh.. umm.. no space traven, it's nothing like EVE online. Mabey it's like AO.. oh wait.. AO is 4 years old, looks like crap, lags on a 3ghz machine with 2gb of ram and a 6800, oh.. and AO doesn't have mech's or any Anime related Sci-Fi elements.

So yeah... this game doesn't look like any other game on the market. Only thing it resembels is AO or SWG and even then it's only relation is that it's set in a sci-fi enviroment.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    It's not new to me, but that link isn't the official site though.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Forums are not actually infested with fanboys but people who like the game/topic/general/etc.

|

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X
    AO forums are infested with AO fanboys plane and simple, that game looks bad ass.Forums are not actually infested with fanboys but people who like the game/topic/general/etc.

And apparently people who like to make multipule one line post. I really like EQ2, I used to be really fond of AO, but I can appreicate other games and am not blind to the problems my favorite games have. People on the AO fourms in particular can't even stand to have someone recommend a new MMORPG with out bashing it and calling it everything in the book, let alone have a discussion reguarding the game's problems. The "fanboy" term is used when people can't look at something from an objective view point and see the good and bad in something, it's when they are so tottaly overcome with something they almost have a "crush" on the topic and belive it can do no wrong.

• JimudJimud Member Posts: 252

It's not new to me, but that link isn't the official site though.

Nah its just a fan site they havent made the englsh 1 yet they r workin on it tho,i will proably try the open beta to see if i like it or not n if not wont pay.simple as.
  • protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

at least from the movie it didnt look anything like AO...some sorta anime mechwarrior MMO (im suprised there are now mechwarrior mmos out even the FASA/MS one would prolly be a big hit)

Originally posted by protoroc

at least from the movie it didnt look anything like AO...some sorta anime mechwarrior MMO (im suprised there are now mechwarrior mmos out even the FASA/MS one would prolly be a big hit)

Yes its prity much nothing like AO weird its in this section tbh.proably because the bots he thought futuristic.But by the screenies n the vid's i've seen its more fanasy then sci-fi,gd mix though dont think it has ever been done before.Will turn out to be a gr8 game its 1 of koreas biggest mmorpgs at the mo i think.
  • punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
    ya its nothing like AO but i think it looks good in some ways. if you have to click to move i wont play it
    There adding mechs into next expasion of AO too who ever was bitching about sci-fi n anyway why would a game need to be anime and mechs when its sci-fi,sci-fi is supost to be set realistily so if its animie gfx or not,it doesnt matter Andwhy would u need mechs not everything sci-fi is about mechs,hell most of it aint just gundam n all that sh1te.
  • anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by Azathoth

Nope, It looks badass.

Forums are not actually infested with fanboys but people who like the game/topic/general/etc.

And apparently people who like to make multipule one line post. I really like EQ2, I used to be really fond of AO, but I can appreicate other games and am not blind to the problems my favorite games have. People on the AO fourms in particular can't even stand to have someone recommend a new MMORPG with out bashing it and calling it everything in the book, let alone have a discussion reguarding the game's problems. The "fanboy" term is used when people can't look at something from an objective view point and see the good and bad in something, it's when they are so tottaly overcome with something they almost have a "crush" on the topic and belive it can do no wrong.

imageYeah, thats a fanboy right there guys....

Newbies, always trying to throw a pebble at people. Well, some of them.

|