Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, how long have you played and what level are you?

MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

I thought I'd gather up some info from the field from players, mainly out of curiosity and to get a feel about how progress goes for all kinds of normal, active players who aren't necessarily speed levelers.

I think the more players post their figures, the better picture we'll have of the general leveling progress ingame image

So, here're the questions:

how many hours have you played? (/played status)

what level are you?

what is your calling?

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Comments

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

Rogue  Ranger/Sin

lvl 32

Took me about 4 - 5 days I guess.. Some of it was questing for hours non stop with a buddy. 

I kinda settled down a bit though...  You know job, life got in the way. 

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Oh, this is info I found so far from the beta (don't know the exact XP diffs between beta and live though):

Beta 3:

- 6 hours, Guardian Rogue level 1-19 (Questing/Rifts)

Beta 4:

- 14 hours, Defiant Cleric level 1-27 (Questing/Rifts/World PvP/Instances/Crafting)

Beta 5:

- 4.5 hours, Defiant Cleric level 27-30 (Questing/Rifts/WF/World PvP/Instances/Crafting)

- 8 hours, Defiant Rogue level 1-21 (Rifts ONLY)

- 7 hours, Defiant Mage level 1-20 (Questing/Rifts/WF/World PvP/Instances/Crafting)

Beta 6:

- 6 hours, Defiant Cleric level 30-35 (Questing/Rifts/WF/World PvP/Instances/Crafting)

- 4.5 hours, Defiant Mage level 20-29 (Questing/Rifts/WF/World PvP/Instances/Crafting)

- 2 hours, Defiant Warrior level 1-9 (Questing only)

beta 6:

- rogue from 1 to 20:  7 hours

- rogue from 1 to 33: 24 hours

But that's beta info, XP gain in live, especially rifts, is slower.

Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• LuckyRLuckyR Member UncommonPosts: 260

Not in game at the moment so let's just say...playing since launch level 18 Dominator...

I no hurry to run out of things to do, max level sucks lol

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

since friday night, level 22, paladin, champion, Void knight

not sure hours, brb

23 hours 21 minutes and 13 seconds

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScribZScribZ Member Posts: 424

Hmm played.

1-50 in ALPHA - couple months.

BETA - people actually played in this?

1-25 in Headstart now on my caster cleric (best damn PbAOE DPS monster you will every find) - oh maybe 14-18 hrs so far.

• STFUStiggySTFUStiggy Member Posts: 55

As MopDaddy put it...

"35+stoned so I am one of the Highest in rift."

Made me lol

• AluviusAluvius Member Posts: 288

Been playing since day 1 of headstart, don't have exact hours but had to be at least 28 hours or so.  Level 17 cleric.  I've been questing, done 4 RoF runs, tradeskilled to 2nd tier and did alot of exploring into high level zones for shard first artifact finds.

• mainvein33mainvein33 Member Posts: 406

26 nightblade/sin and 19 champ/paragon not sure how many hours (a lot) not real quest grinding as I hate it but I do dungeons/rift events/ and bgs for leveling.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Level 28 Necro/Warlock Guardian.  Have a level 13 Warrior as well.  Played about 4-5 hours a day since headstart.  So about 20-25 hours.  Loving every minute.  Can't wait to roll my cleric on the defiant side.  Switching roles in dungeons for single target or AOE purposes is just sublime.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

30-something hours played, level 32 ranger/bard and guild level 2.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• er99er99 Member CommonPosts: 101

i played about 8 hours yesterday. i'm a casula player. i usually stop and explore a bit, actually read the quests / lore and such but not slow either. i managed to get my champion warrior to lvl 11. spend maybe an hour of that time tweaking UI and at least another hour fighting in rift battles and a couple fun invasions. right now the leveling speed feels exactly the same as WoW at lower level.

• ZorlokZorlok Member UncommonPosts: 132

level 12 rogue.. 9 hours... It seems quick..

• IrishIrish Member UncommonPosts: 259

I'm 10 hours into play with what will be my main, level 17. Didn't touch beta, so this is pretty new to me (aside from the striking similarities to a game I'll not mention).

As usual, I'm sporting an Assassin/Saboteur/Riftstalker, which is pretty much a WoW rogue with some Hunter tricks (damn, I mentioned it). I gotta have my stealth.

PvE, I find I am putting out solid dps, though I've dumped most of my soul points into Assassination alone.

PvP, which is why I primarily play, I find myself having trouble keeping up with other players in damage and just speed wise. I have a nice aoe slow, teleport, and hamstring-type snare that seems to do it's job, but it all feels a bit clunky at the moment, and slipping back into stealth is a nightmare. Just sick a pet on me, and I really can't do anything until I kill it.

I'm finding I have a little trouble getting the 'feel' of my aggro range in stealth and just getting out of combat in general.

Super excited to spec stealth to not have a timer, so I can just hang invisibly all day and watch people, which is creepy, but it's what I enjoy. Then I kill them when they are at their weakest point, subsequently moving on like a sniper after taking a shot.

All kidding aside, though I enjoy the Riftstalker teleport, I'm considering going Ranger to add some more versatility.

I would have went Blade Dancer, but it's called Blade Dancer. :P

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Something around 4 hours a day and level 19 almost 20.  That's over 5 days so I'm guessing around 20 hours played.

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672

lvl 16, played prolly 15-20 hours, but VERY causally, and doing plenty of rifts :)  I've prolly spent more time rifting than questing, and had a ball :P

You could level a lot faster or slower, pretty easy to pace yourself in this game :D

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

I've played around 16 hours and I'm level 19. Keep in mind that I speed through the tutorial area, since I ran that several times during beta. Everything after the starting area was new to me, so I read every quest, any NPC dialogue offered, have done Rifts, and a few Warfronts.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

A couple hours a night since Headstart began. 2 Level 10s and a Level 12 so far.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469

lvl 21

nightblade/riftstalker

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Somebody reached L40 or L50 already, and if so, how many hours does it say you've played to reach it?

And with what class?

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

Maybe -2 hours a day since headstart none over weekend.Have a 17,16 and a 15 atm I am just getting used to the game playin with various specs seein what works and what don't.Not in any rush.

• xxpeddyxxxxpeddyxx Member Posts: 52

Been playing for 5 days, I work 6 days a week and have a rather active life and I'm level 32, nearly 33. Very easy to level.

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345

Just hit 31 - Did it mostly through PvP as it seems to be a bit quicker than questing...at least when you're around 50%+ win rate.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Hours /played is about 60. Just about to hit level 34. The pace is slowing down, but still having much fun. I really like how various Builds becojme viable at certain levels. I've been finding I tend to shake things up every five levels or so, as something new becomes viable. It helps to keep the play feeling really fresh.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

I thought I'd gather up some info from the field from players, mainly out of curiosity and to get a feel about how progress goes for all kinds of normal, active players who aren't necessarily speed levelers.

I think the more players post their figures, the better picture we'll have of the general leveling progress ingame image

So, here're the questions:

how many hours have you played? (/played status)

what level are you?

what is your calling?

15.5 Hours

Level 17

Defiant Champion (Riftblade/Beastmaster)

Over half the posters in this thread so far have failed to follow the instructions of the OP. Couldn't help but notice. If everyone would simply type "/played" into their chat then we could get an accurate time per level... which is what the OP was looking for.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

Headstart

/played 1day 10hrs

lvl 29 Dwarf Rogue Sin/NB/Rs

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com