Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All Points Bulletin: Closed Beta Ready to Roll

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The APB Reloaded blog has been updated with new information about the forthcoming closed beta. The first wave of beta testers is scheduled to begin their work shortly with an ever-widening pool of players being included as time goes on. The blog is absolutely huge with complete patch notes, applicant pool statistical information and more how the team plans to make the closed beta as painless as possible while getting things done.

Here is an example of how we are much more nimble than before; the original APB had a ‘feature’ where your character would sometimes get into the back seat of an empty car even though your character was standing next to the driver-side door (the door you would actually enter was based on where your reticule/cross-hair was pointing, and not your character location, something really hard to control in the middle of a fire-fight). The problem was known for quite a while – 476 days to be precise and if anyone is counting that is. Plenty of us had suggestions, but agreement could never quite be reached as to what to do. Not even the great Qwentle was immune to this issue. Many were dismayed.

Fast-forward a bit to APB Reloaded, this issue comes up in a meeting (among a million items to be fixed) and we all agree that it needs "fixing." One good suggestion in a design meeting and 30 minutes later Aphadon (Johann) has done just that. Fixed. Job done. 30 minutes. Added to Beta build. Razor sharp. Bjorn was so happy that he even delayed closed beta a few days just to make sure THAT one feature got added in the first public Closed Beta. It became build 63. RC for Closed Beta (the final Closed Beta is actually CB build 64, but who is counting?).

Read more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• pHaTmAtpHaTmAt Member Posts: 8

I can't wait for the game's return.

• spookymiaspookymia Member UncommonPosts: 57

Me too. Even when it was broken before it was a damn fun game, like paintball from your armchair.

• HepisodicHepisodic Member Posts: 328

Yeah I miss this game a lot. I can't wait to get back in.

Veritas Vos Liberabit- The truth will set you free.

• urthal22urthal22 Member UncommonPosts: 108

This game was Great. I was saddened by its death only to be thrilled by its revival =)

Wish you all GL on those who applied For CBT !

• KermitfroggKermitfrogg Member Posts: 3

I wounder if there going to make any changes to the hit box that they had in the old APB. I wasnt a fan of the 1 hit box, it takes away from the sniping aspect of the game and everyone ran around with a undertaker or a nl9 which in my mind ruined the game and they didnt come out with a no upgrade district witch would be wicked because you can go wrong with the STAR.

Anyways its sad to hear we dont get to play till the weekend :( I was waiting all night last night for the beta invites for today, and all day today hoping to get a email to saying START TESTING. Anyways still very excited to see what has changed and what is still to come. Also cant wait to be apart of them changes and put in my feedback.

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Why would you resurrect one of the biggest bombs in mmo history?

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• gambe1gambe1 Member UncommonPosts: 123

Game had a great potential. I realy hope they do it right this time. 

• CarnifexRexCarnifexRex Member Posts: 52

OP: Where do you get the date of March 4th?

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by Velocinox

Because the game itself was god. The company behind it was bomb.

• freachfreach Member Posts: 37

Looks promissing. I will take a look, but maybe just another lame shooter.

• slauterhauseslauterhause Member UncommonPosts: 14

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

No thanks.

• liva98989liva98989 Member UncommonPosts: 252

I'm 16... CRUEL CRUEL WORLD!

• KhorraxKhorrax Member UncommonPosts: 53

It seems there are low chances for me to get in the first CB being from Europe, but I'm looking forward to playing this nevertheless.

• ReeperReeper Member UncommonPosts: 121

they going to make all of us who bought the game, repay initial costs again?,  or is going to be Free Play?

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by causs

Originally posted by Velocinox

Because the game itself was god. The company behind it was bomb.

No, the customization and user content was good (I am assuming you mistyped good and didn't actually intend to say 'god', because only biased fanbois call a game god, and discussing a game with a fanboi is useless) the actual game part of it was boring and shallow. If you played it for a day you played it all, and it wasn't ever going to get better.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.