Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift Crowd Control

PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

I didn't notice any thread about this subject, so here goes.

It's absolutely ridiculous in warfronts, absolutely. And I fear it goes more absurd on next tier.

Warfronts on T1 (11-20) were nice, entertaining and all that. Then I hit T2 (21-30) and it got out of hands.

Playing Justicar (melee healer, WP anyone?) is just stupid being constantly mezzed, stunned, feared, rooted, snared. And no, Templar soul doesn't really do anything because of the long CD on Break Free.

And just to add one more, that squirrel is handy and all in PvE but what's the point in being constantly squirreled in scenarios?

I really hope and pray it won't turn into another WAR scenario CC hell it looks like. What were beta testers smoking if this amount of CC wasn't rooted out. Or am I just imaging all this?

Comments

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

dunno m8, dont pvp myself....did you log the problem with ytion themself....maybe if enough pvp'rs think the same they ban roots in pvp battlegrounds?

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

I didn't report about it, I need to test myself a bit more and see how it turns out in T3.

Btw, it's amazing how little here's disgussion about the game itself and how much here's people that just speculate whether the game will success or not. Or actually, it doesn't. It's been like this for few years now. All we need here is Zorndorf to travel back in time ;)

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Oh, he's around, just using a different nickname. Pay attention and you'll notice him.

Originally posted by Xasapis

Oh, he's around, just using a different nickname. Pay attention and you'll notice him.

Spotted!

Timetravelling is possible :)

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Against a good team you will get cc locked and killed often. There is a ton of cc if you spec for it. I made a post about it in on the Rift Beta forums.

I think most people didn't notice it in beta because of all the Pugs in Warfronts during beta.

• cobaltdemoncobaltdemon Member UncommonPosts: 46

Some people did make comment about the PvP. However they were ignored due to the current preferance in combat style. It seems the kill, kill, kill, die, spawn, kill, die, spawn (rinse & repeate) is about all people want from PvP these days. No thought, no competition and it had better be served up to me right NOW! Well, the era of fastfood PvP is here. See'ya later bye, thanks for the fun, I must be moving on.

I will ask, if you should happen to see a PvP game that requires; intelligence, patience, teamwork and self-discipline please give a shout. I will probably still be here lurking and looking for a real competative PvP game.

So are you saying my fear about the CC crap is going to kill the T4 like it did in WAR (until immunity timers and stuff were tweaked)?

Oh and another thing just popped into my mind.

Attack targets target and more specifically automatical damaging if foe and automatical healing if friendly. It seems to be well in place and break PvP too.

Because nothing is more easy for a team to nuke others down than having this kind of automation in place. And no, it's not this easy and automated in any other game I've played.

Wasn't this noticed in beta either? Or working as intended?

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Why, you didn't have this kind of dual targetting in Warhammer?

Using this is a double edged sword. Without it, if you target an enemy player and hit a heal, you heal yourself. So you target an enemy that is attacking a friendly while somebody else is hitting you, when you press heal, you heal yourself. With the caster target enabled, you'd heal your friend and you now need to self target in order to heal yourself. When things are hectic, it's easy to keep spamming your friend and you dying in the process.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Xasapis
    Why, you didn't have this kind of dual targetting in Warhammer?

Using this is a double edged sword. Without it, if you target an enemy player and hit a heal, you heal yourself. So you target an enemy that is attacking a friendly while somebody else is hitting you, when you press heal, you heal yourself. With the caster target enabled, you'd heal your friend and you now need to self target in order to heal yourself. When things are hectic, it's easy to keep spamming your friend and you dying in the process.

Or you could enable the 'Self Target' key (usually Alt) and hit the alt before hitting that heal and it'll heal you.

Personally, I find CC the be the least fun aspect of PvP. Specifically, multiple chains of CC that eventually kill you.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Darkheart00Darkheart00 Member Posts: 521

Originally posted by Pelaaja

It's absolutely ridiculous in warfronts, absolutely. And I fear it goes more absurd on next tier.

Warfronts on T1 (11-20) were nice, entertaining and all that. Then I hit T2 (21-30) and it got out of hands.

Playing Justicar (melee healer, WP anyone?) is just stupid being constantly mezzed, stunned, feared, rooted, snared. And no, Templar soul doesn't really do anything because of the long CD on Break Free.

And just to add one more, that squirrel is handy and all in PvE but what's the point in being constantly squirreled in scenarios?

I really hope and pray it won't turn into another WAR scenario CC hell it looks like. What were beta testers smoking if this amount of CC wasn't rooted out. Or am I just imaging all this?

Just want to point something out, currently Justicars are not efficent melee healers. They use too much mana and since you have to pick sham/druid to have viable melee dps. Both souls don't have much mana regen. You may want to roll a bard.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

It's a problem stemming from designing classes, balance and abilities for PvE then letting them loose in PvP.

DAoC did this initially, so did WoW and WAR...you'd think Rift might have learnt from previous blunders when it comes to this.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• PanturaPantura Member Posts: 54

I had no time to actually count the immunity timers and times you have to get CC'd to go immune. But while playing champion I felt that my stuns were constantly getting immune hits. On the other hand it always felt like slow effects lasted on myself forever and ranged enemies just kited me to death. Even the break-free skill on warrior classes seemed to nothing.

Originally posted by Darkheart00

Just want to point something out, currently Justicars are not efficent melee healers. They use too much mana and since you have to pick sham/druid to have viable melee dps. Both souls don't have much mana regen. You may want to roll a bard.

Going dry on mana is rarely the issue in warfronts, for obvious reasons. In PvE it's somewhat problematic, but I can live with it.

Instead of rolling stone (pun inteded ;)) I'll make my other role ranged healer. Let others take the CC while I sit back and spam heals.

• Darkheart00Darkheart00 Member Posts: 521

Going dry on mana is rarely the issue in warfronts, for obvious reasons. In PvE it's somewhat problematic, but I can live with it.

Instead of rolling stone (pun inteded ;)) I'll make my other role ranged healer. Let others take the CC while I sit back and spam heals.

It was actually issue for me in warfronts (plus i was getting mana drained).

• Covet78Covet78 Member UncommonPosts: 149

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the CC in RIft. This is a LTP issue.

I've personally been leveling in warfront Since level 15 (currently level 28). I'm also a cleric specced for heals and have no CC.

It's only "kill kill kill die respawn kill kill die.. etc" if you dont' know how to play.

tips:

- When running to get the fang. Being all clumped up is asking to get aoe stunned/feared. Do not clump up. Spread out a bit.

- The dominator class is a very powerful CC class. However he's got weak dps. Kill it first, then worry about the healers/fang carrier.

- When running to get the fang. Being all clumped up is asking to get aoe stunned/feared. Do not clump up. Spread out a big.

- Have your clerics dispell the slows, fears, etc....

- When running to get the fang. Being all clumped up is asking to get aoe stunned/feared. Do not clump up. Spread out a bit.

- If you see your healer getting mana drained (takes only 6-8 seconds for 1 person to empty a clerics mana, and it's very graphical and easy to see), kill that person mana draining your healers. This is very important. as soon as your healers are oom, your teams dies.

- Get the PVP soul that offers you a "trinket" that removes all movement impairing effects and loss of control of your character.

The way OP is wanted the game. Is less/no cc, and everyone just jumping around each other spamming thier keyboard with no thought. I have been on the steamrole side of matchs, and been on the losing side, especially premades against our pug group. Pugs have almost no chance (almost no) against premades. That's my only issue. Have it like WOW where you have 2 different BG queues. One for groups more then 5, and less then 5. Being rolfstomped by premade against pugs isn't fun. (although we did win a couple against a premade). It's impossible to heal as a pug group against a premade in vent that focus fire. People just get globaled and a pug group with lack of voice communication to dictate kill targets, who's being focused etc.. it's literally impossible.

rated and pug queues please.

You will notice there's a lot less cc in The Codex as opposed to Black Garden just because noobs are not usually clumped up in The Codex. Except sometimes at the Codex flag point.

There might be a tweak or two needed for balancing issues. I'm not sure. Games not balanced 1v1.

• Covet78Covet78 Member UncommonPosts: 149

Justicars are not melee healers. They are pve tanks. Maybe you can put a few points into justicar as a subtree for some survivability as a healer. But your problem is using Justicar as a melee healer. Stop doing that. It's a PVE tank, I dont' think Justicar main tree has any place in a warfront. A fang carrier? forget it. Fang carriers die cause of the mechanic. It has a couple of CC's later in the tree, but extreamily lame damage output makes being any other cc class 200% better.

I played Justicar in warfronts and I can tell you. I don't die much as long as I have mana, people have a hard time killing me. But ... my hits are like wet noodles. So I tried specced for damage (geared enchanted, blue weapons/armor, 2 hander) and even still, specced for damage, every other class laughs as I beat against them.