Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leader of SS demands action!!!!

Lazerus666Lazerus666 Member Posts: 59

Read it before it gets deleted!

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/59474-sv-ultimatum.html

Ok this is it my last time trying to save SV from there only folly. There has been a problem that has plagued MO since its release. Iam not talking about Dupes, Iam not talking about Exploits, and iam not talking about Bugs. What Iam talking about is the Dev's policy of "We dont work on weekends".

This is it SV, the simple fact that you charge us a premium price for a Beta version of a game is bad enough. We deal with that with the hopes of things getting better. But the fact you have the nerve to say you deserve weekends off is unexceptable. In my opinion and many others who play MO for what we deal with on a daily basis you could work for a year straght and we wouldnt shed a single tear for you.

I mean are you trying to fail? iam not trolling iam seriously asking the fucking Question. Because from where we are looking thats the only conclusion that makes sense to us. With taking weekends off, 2 week holidays for Christmas, NOT TO MENTION TAKING THE WEEKEND OFF 2 DAYS AFTER RELEASE. And now with your free trial active you do the same god dam thing.

Because of these types of decisions we your player base are left with no confidence that you have the commitment that it takes to run a successfull MMORPG. You have promised us alot yet have delivered us the bare minimum. Iam sry actions speak louder than words and right now your actions speak to us like you dont give a flying fuck.

So I address this to you Henrik, We would like you to pledge that you and your dev team will NOT take another weekend off until MO is brought up to a standard that we can all live. And by that i mean a stable server, Prediction system fixed, Tindrem ready and pretty much the game be ready for advertizing and its "True" release. I ask if no pledge is given and these work ethics continue that all like minded players unsubb from MO and show SV we will not stand for this. I just brought 25 people i know into this game and at this point iam ashamed of myself for promoting it.

This is not an attack on you Henrik or the SV staff in general. This is a plee to listen to us once and for all. Myself and many others love the concept and idea of MO and have supported you through thick and thin. All we ask is that you show the same kind of loyalty to us.

To my fellow MO players if you agree with me please /sighn.

Comments

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

A lot of us old guild leaders were at that point roughly month and a half after release after going from Block A.

Btw Vlad, if youre reading this... If your guild/alliance is even remotely big, you will get Maerlyn talking to you. Hell, if you demand it you'll even get Henrik on voice-comms, god knows I got to listen/read what he had to say plenty of times.

And from my experience... You mention what you want, it'll be promised to you. Without blinking an eye. In 2-3 months you might see a weaksauce version of it (Territory Control) implemented and then completely forgotten.

They're never going to change. They still are an amateur bunch of kids coding an Unreal mod, and no amount of posting will change that. Its how those two comedians work; they honestly to God believe that as long as they keep promising the pie-in-the-sky people will keep paying and they'll keep going.

Only thing that'll make them change the tune is when you unsub. Then your account will be banned just because you dared to unsub, depending how much trouble you cause them beforehand.

• Lazerus666Lazerus666 Member Posts: 59

The thread is getting juicy soak it in before it gets deleted.

• Lazerus666Lazerus666 Member Posts: 59

Now I have to show this quote.  It is a fanboy (Mycke).  I had many an arguement with him on MOFO, about the the game and how bad it is and no matter what he would back it up.

"My guild and I are barely playing these days...

We have high hopes but continuously lower expectations as the months go by and the game improves very very slowly.

I am subbed till August and I hope they can get it together by then, but the truth is the server is still a mess and there is very, very little more one can do today than they could do on the day of launch, and that is probably the biggest problem of all."

Did he just say there is very little more than you can do since launch???  Yes he did.  I wish I could post a reply to Mycke on the MOFO and tell him.  Told you I was right.  Almost brings a tear yo your eye when fanboys finally see the truth.  Now we are just waiting on Tizio.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

what is funny is when he says "I'm not talking about dupes, i'm not talking about exploits, i'm not talking about bugs..."

SS and DC are known server wide for being the ones that have abused all the possible dupes, exploits, bugs more then anyone in the server combined. if there ever was an exploit or way to dupe SS and DC have done it many many times. of course he's not talking about those things...... :)....Vlad always makes me laugh.

wile i do agree with the message of the post (leaving players with server going donwn hourly on weekends it's just moronic) i do not take anything that Vlad or any SS or DC member writes seriously simply because they are exploiters.

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

SS and DC are known server wide for being the ones that have abused all the possible dupes, exploits, bugs more then anyone in the server combined. if there ever was an exploit or way to dupe SS and DC have done it many many times. of course he's not talking about those things...... :)....Vlad always makes me laugh.

Can you prove any of that or are you just trying to shoot the messanger during SV's advertising push?

I am pretty sure it's the latter, but will await your evidence.

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Mortalonline.com no longer seems to respond, its offline...Did they run out of money?

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by raff01

Mortalonline.com no longer seems to respond, its offline...Did they run out of money?

No, issues with the connection to the hosting service.. which is supposed to be the same one hosting wow.. yeah right..

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Originally posted by Toferio

Originally posted by raff01

No, issues with the connection to the hosting service.. which is supposed to be the same one hosting wow.. yeah right..

Wow servers are all online, so is their website...

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

The most likely answer is that they are back in the office updating the front end server. http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/59492-server-status-27-2-a.html#post1111274

Henrick Nystrom: We have identified a memory leak in our front end server for logins at the moment that forces the server to reboot often. We plan to patch this as soon as possible on monday.

Either way, connecting to the forums is also spotty ATM, so it does seem that some intermediary is the likely cause. http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/1111523-post3099.html

@  Raff: Do you have the server status on some kind of RSS feed? I find it surprising that someone who doesn't play knows about the server being down within 15 minutes of the server status thread.

P.S. The mention of WOW as possible interference was on the 22nd, not for todays.

P.P.S. Sorry for editing on the timing. With the difficulty connecting to MOFO, I was thinking Raff posted it first. Sorrected myself after checking the time for both posts.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Originally posted by osmunda

Either way, connecting to the forums is also spotty ATM, so it does seem that some intermediary is the likely cause. http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/1111523-post3099.html

@  Raff: Do you have the server status on some kind of RSS feed? I find it surprising that someone who doesn't play knows about the server being down within 15 minutes of the server status thread.

I find it surprising that that is the most surprising thing you think about this most surprising situation.

Seriously... who cares.  Let's all stay on the topic here.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Ahh, misunderstood.

When you asked about going out of business, I thought you meant the game was down. I have trouble connecting to mmorpg.com all the time and never presume that they've gone out of business. Still the coinciding problems with the forum and the login server may indicate some intermediary problem (i.e. if they are working on their servers)

Mortalonline.com is paid up through next year http://whois.domaintools.com/mortalonline.com . So no worries about itgoing down anytime soon.

@ slapshot: agreed- just answering them

Fixing the frontend server on monday is relevent to them not doing it over the weekend tho...

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Sad thing is that you can't fix this... when you're a bad programmer, as is clear in the case of SV and using a person with no formal training as their "lead" programmer, you are applying bandages to a broken arm.

It's not going to matter if you fix the bugs, the code is written in such a way that the game is basically unplayable, and unfixable.When I first played MO and the client started throwing errors in  Swedish, I knew immediately I was dealing with an incompetent programmer. Things that should have a try/catch type of implementation don't, and the game just errors out with crashes.

Without a programmer with a proper object oriented background, years to fix the code, and lots of money and time to do it, I don't see MO making it on the long term. The free trial is a last ditch effort to get some subs, and I think when you have the server crashing multiple times a day it's not going to be too enticing to bother.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Wow, just skipped to the end and Henrik is blaming Epic... again.

And people just believe him when  he says they were there on the weekend working, despite the fact nobody from SV responded to this massive thread until Monday. Jeez.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

We dont work on weekends? LOL

I have lived in Sweden and I can tell you this is a Swedish thing. The people in that country are quite spoiled and want atleast 25 vacation days per week and not having to work on weekends. It is why an MMORPG could probably not work in Sweden.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Quite funny to read one of the comments:

"Man we have the same goal. We want this game to work how it should. Its the best fucking mmorpg out there and if it fails... damn i dont even want to imagine this situation..."

LOL!

Maybe someone should inform him that this game has failed already. I mean, how many months after release and they still have server stability problems and huge lack of content?

For most MMORPG players, sandbox or not, this game has failed to deliver a playable, fun MMORPG. It is never going to get a solid playerbase, all it got left now is a couple of houndred fanatic supporters. Everyone else have left a long time ago.

• Pimpin-SmurfPimpin-Smurf Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by Yamota

I have lived in Sweden and I can tell you this is a Swedish thing. The people in that country are quite spoiled and want atleast 25 vacation days per week and not having to work on weekends. It is why an MMORPG could probably not work in Sweden.

You sir are my hero. Finally someone speaks the truth thats wraps this entire mess up.

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

Originally posted by Pimpin-Smurf

Originally posted by Yamota

You sir are my hero. Finally someone speaks the truth thats wraps this entire mess up.

lol, so you're stating as a "fact" that no one in sweden EVER works a weekend under ANY circumstance?  And tHAT's what you're basing your argument on? lol