Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My first MMO

extreme-eadyextreme-eady Member Posts: 1

I want to start my very first mmo and I have no experience or idea what games to begin with. Any ideas or suggestions of where or what games I should try first? Thanks to anyone that can help me.

Comments

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

Edit:  wrote this far to tiredly,  thought wanted to make an MMO.

I'd go with Lord of the Rings online to I guess.      Then again Rift  would be a good bet too, mostly because MMO releases can be awesome.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• Pro-PainPro-Pain Member Posts: 141

Try Lord of the Rings Online, since it is free enough to get a good idea of how mmos work.... well quest based mmos that is.  Also I think its sorta fun.  Don't be afraid to group up or ask for help in game either.  Landroval is probably the nicest server of any game I have ever played.  Probably because it's the rp server.

the struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

my first mmo was SWG pre nge...a sandbox mmo....completely different experience than wow, lotro, or rift (which would be decent 1st mmo's in my opinion)

just remember this....your first time is magical.   embrace it.

• tinyturtletinyturtle Member Posts: 11

My first would be Atlantica online. I left after two months to try Aion...

• Bunny852Bunny852 Member Posts: 2

i will recommend you need to try RIFT. haha because you cannot log into the game because their system is really low. they have queue problem that you will have to wait 5 or more hours to get in then. if you are lucky to get in every 30 mins the game will crush. haha. stupid game

• the_britthe_brit Member Posts: 6

Lord of the Rings Online, try it. I have heard so many good stuffs about that game and read positive reviews about it. I can say its worth trying, and since you are asking for any suggestions on what mmo you want to try then its LotR.

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

Originally posted by Bunny852

i will recommend you need to try RIFT. haha because you cannot log into the game because their system is really low. they have queue problem that you will have to wait 5 or more hours to get in then. if you are lucky to get in every 30 mins the game will crush. haha. stupid game

Rift hasn't officially launched yet, and they're already fixing this issue listed by bunny.  They've added 10 new servers in the first 3 days of "head start" so don't let this post discourage you.

Rift is a GREAT first mmo to try.

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

WoW, *runs off*

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• nyaricnyaric Member Posts: 12

My first MMO I played are MU and Gunbound. That time i almost addicted playing those but later on I stopped because I need to focus on my personal responsibilities.  image