Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

building a laptop

anarkaiaanarkaia Member Posts: 76

Hypothetically speaking, what if I want to build a gaming laptop?

As with my other build, I don't know where to start.

Hypothetically. I'm not interested in doing this now. This is in case I meet someone who is in the military or needs one.

Assume a 17" screen and $1500.00 to $2000.00, different options to make the price go up or down.

This is my signature.

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Umm, for a laptop, you go to a site with a custom configuration tool, and go to town. Your going to be much more limited in your options than you would with a desktop. There are, however, many more things to consider which you haven't really alluded to: battery life, weight/portability, peripheral options, etc.

While it's technically possible, You don't really want to just order parts and put together your own laptop at home.

• anarkaiaanarkaia Member Posts: 76

Yeah, I should have realized the battery part.

I found this site in a search:

http://www.factorgaming.com/

This is my signature.

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

You don't build laptops. I really advise against using a laptop for gaming (same thing I tell every customer that walks in my door), there's limitations on upgrades, heat issues, they're overly pricy, and usually when you use them you'll be at an outlet since the battery will last about 5 minutes when gaming. And I want to know how many of you game on the move.

If you are deadset on getting a custom laptop though, I recommed http://www.digitalstormonline.com/

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• anarkaiaanarkaia Member Posts: 76

I have saved both sites mentioned.

I'm getting impatient. I can't start yet, certain other things have to happen in my life before I can build my rig.

This is my signature.

• billydkidbillydkid Member Posts: 4

I myself build my one laptop but i bought it from dell (alienware) which cost me a hefty bundle but in the end im happy with it cute alien logo at he back and very powerful anyway im using it right now m17.

So in my opinion go build your own laptop for all the parts are your preference unlike premade laptops.