Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Spirit of Legend - Norn week finale

RameiArashiRameiArashi Member UncommonPosts: 294

http://www.arena.net/blog/a-spirit-of-legend

I'm so disappointed.  They give us a story about a snow leopard follower than don't even show us the snow leopard shaman. I'm beginning to think they don't have snow leopard done.  Its the only one of the four spirits we haven't seen in some form.

Comments

• SfaliaraSfaliara Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by RameiArashi

I'm so disappointed.  They give us a story about a snow leopard follower than don't even show us the snow leopard shaman. I'm beginning to think they don't have snow leopard done.  Its the only one of the four spirits we haven't seen in some form.

That second picture reminds of dervish a bit *tear slide*

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

Originally posted by Sfaliara

Originally posted by RameiArashi

That second picture reminds of dervish a bit *tear slide*

dervish:'( will miss him on GW2...

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229

"Unlike humans, whose priests are revered for their dedication to one god, all norn feel equally guided and befriended by the spirits. Some norn don’t follow a particular path, preferring instead to revere all the Spirits of the Wild, following each whenever its lessons are relevant in their day-to-day lives"

Does that mean any norn can shapeshift into any one of the spirits (once s/he gains the necessary level/skill)? I think I would rather you had to pick which spirit to follow, or at least, only to be able to shapeshift into one at a particular time (e.g. you can only take one into the wild with you/ only changable at a shaman in a town etc.)

• Zeppelin5083Zeppelin5083 Member Posts: 410

Originally posted by dubledub

"Unlike humans, whose priests are revered for their dedication to one god, all norn feel equally guided and befriended by the spirits. Some norn don’t follow a particular path, preferring instead to revere all the Spirits of the Wild, following each whenever its lessons are relevant in their day-to-day lives"

Does that mean any norn can shapeshift into any one of the spirits (once s/he gains the necessary level/skill)? I think I would rather you had to pick which spirit to follow, or at least, only to be able to shapeshift into one at a particular time (e.g. you can only take one into the wild with you/ only changable at a shaman in a town etc.)

I'll answer you again hahaha

I'm guessing that if you choose to follow all 4, then you will have access to a wide range of spells, but other spells/skills will be reserved for followers of only one spirit. So if you follow the bear only, you may have a skill that comes only with the bear.

• RameiArashiRameiArashi Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Apparently the shape shifting skills are elite skills so we won't have them right away. Lot of people assuming that the totem animal you choose at character creation will be the first shape shift skill you'll get. I'm hoping its part of the personal story, ie at some point the spirit or its shaman will ask for your help and then reward you with the skill to transform.

• dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229

Originally posted by Zeppelin5083

I'll answer you again hahaha

I'm guessing that if you choose to follow all 4, then you will have access to a wide range of spells, but other spells/skills will be reserved for followers of only one spirit. So if you follow the bear only, you may have a skill that comes only with the bear.

Haha sorry, neither thread had many posts so I didn't know if anyone was still posting in them. Thanks. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

• Zeppelin5083Zeppelin5083 Member Posts: 410

Haha sorry, neither thread had many posts so I didn't know if anyone was still posting in them. Thanks. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

No worries!

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Choosing your totem will likely be one of the 4 major character storyline arcs for Norn players in the same way as noble, middle-class and street rat are the 3 major arcs for humans.

As to the skills, still seems unknown. Guess Norn and Charr and Humans could all be playable in the new demo coming out at PAX East?! *drools*