Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some Questions

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,512

I got banded for IP address problems because I was playing in different hotels across Germany back in August. I'm back in the States, and it took a few days but I got it all straightened out.

I'm a little on the fence about coming back to WoW.........My last experience back in August was not that good. I like to create new characters often, but after the starter zones I found that the world was un-populated and very un- friendly. Now this was before the expansion. I don't have Cataclysm and I don't plan on it as I'm not that crazy about the two new races.

Questions :

1) At low levels, what will I be missing without Cataclysm ?....I take it only flying mounts over the old world, At what level are flying mounts anyway ?

2) PVP or PvE servers- I always played PvP, but some RL friends tell me that the communities are more populated, and more friendly on PvE. Whats your opinion ?

Comments

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

They redid all the starting areas, they are a lot better now and more populated (at least for the next few months).  They opened up a lot of race-class combos which caused a lot of people to roll alts (gnome and tauren priests, human hunters etc), also just seeing the new content has caused a lot of people to have low level characters.  The quests are much more streamlined now.. there is much less running involved while questing.

By not buying the expansion, the only things you aren´t getting are leveling above 80, acheology, 2 races and flying in azeroth.  You get your normal mount at lvl 20, and fast mount at 40, then you can get a flying mount at 60 (but will be unable to buy the Azeroth flying license).   Even without buying the expansion, you still get acess to the changed world (ie.. all 1-60 zones have changed) and you get access to the new race and class combinations.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,512

Originally posted by Azrile

They redid all the starting areas, they are a lot better now and more populated (at least for the next few months).  They opened up a lot of race-class combos which caused a lot of people to roll alts (gnome and tauren priests, human hunters etc), also just seeing the new content has caused a lot of people to have low level characters.  The quests are much more streamlined now.. there is much less running involved while questing.

By not buying the expansion, the only things you aren´t getting are leveling above 80, acheology, 2 races and flying in azeroth.  You get your normal mount at lvl 20, and fast mount at 40, then you can get a flying mount at 60 (but will be unable to buy the Azeroth flying license).   Even without buying the expansion, you still get acess to the changed world (ie.. all 1-60 zones have changed) and you get access to the new race and class combinations.

Thanks Azrile :)

It's kind of what I expected.

Are PvE servers more populated and mature than PvP ?...........  I always played PvP