Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got to love MO and it's community no wonder there is no pop.

Comments

• CyrosphereCyrosphere Member Posts: 105

That last comment is gold...

Welcome to the real world ahah

No idiot, the real world has cops you call on this sort of abusive behaviour, unless you live in Somalia or something.

"FFA PVP Full Loot MMO" Guess I can forget about this one as well and never look back.

Remember, it has to be fun to be a game. Grinding is a bedroom activity, and the point is definitely not to do my wife as fast as possible.

• DnomsedDnomsed Member UncommonPosts: 261

Is the zone they were in a starter zone?  If so, then I chalk it up to poor game design.  Even a full loot ffa pvp game should have safe starter zones so new players can learn the basic game mechanics.

Warhammer fanatic since '85.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984

Honestly I thought there were more good apples in my short experience yesterday.  More than once people would see the yellow flag and volunteer to help.

There are obviously bad apples in every game.  In this one those are magnified because of the FFA nature. 

In short I don't think those guys in the link represent most of the community.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

Originally posted by Dnomsed

Is the zone they were in a starter zone?  If so, then I chalk it up to poor game design.  Even a full loot ffa pvp game should have safe starter zones so new players can learn the basic game mechanics.

No, the starter zones are just npc cities that other players live in too. But, he was flagged yellow, which is like newbie protection, it stops others from attacking you or stealing from you ect. These players are somehow griefing all the newbie trials players thro what i can only assume is an exploit, and that was how the community responded.

But i do have to say, the community in Mo is actually pretty nice compared to other mmos i've played, their just use to this crap by now, which is why their so casual towards your problem. Get on irc and ask for some help, you will get it probably.

And someone asked why I thought a trial was a bad idea... Because they just wasted the zerge of trial players to a game that isn't any better then it was months ago. Should have held off until they at least get a grip on their game, might have retained more than a handful of players(if lucky).

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984

Thread linked in  OP has been deleted.  I have no idea why.  There was a Trial player saying he was getting killed by players while wearing his yellow(newb immunity) flag.  No comment from SV about the issue, no update.. no warning... just delete the post and hope it goes away?

The post was NOT hostile in content.. he was simply asking for help.  It obviously did not explain the exploit as the OP had no idea how it was done.  He was simply asking for help to stop getting repeatedly killed while he was supposed to be invulnerable.  Instead of replying, they removed the thread.  

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018