Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a New Game

Gabriel-KnightGabriel-Knight Member UncommonPosts: 89

Hi guys, i'm here looking for some advice.

I've played WoW for the last 4 years, and now i'm convinced, like many others, that is reaching to an end, it's killing itself slowly with this self called expansion, really sad but we all knew it gonna happen some day, "no king rules forever".

The thing is, i'm nearly playing it right now because i don't have more than a couple of hours at day, and the actual ryth of the game is much more hardcore, so i decided to give it a try to others games.

What i am looking for:

* A quite simple game. That was one my most beloved things of WoW, it's simplicity. And i'm saying this because yesterday i installed DDO and i was overwhelmed, pretty much get lost in that sea of skills and habilities. The simple idea of learning all those things made me uninstall the game.

* An atractive camera function. I want to get close to even 1st person if i want, or obtain a more panoramic view if i need to.

* It must be a fantasy medieval-based game, please nothing from space and -God forbid- nothing asian, lol.

* It has to be free, i really don't feel like i'm paying for another game again. The last months i've been paying my WoW suscription with gold, actually.

* Don't care much for graphics.

Well, i hope you can help me with this, thanks in advance!

Comments

• hainzeyhainzey Member Posts: 23

You could maybe try guild wars?

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

Lord of the Rings Online might be just what you are looking for. Well worth a try:)

• Gabriel-KnightGabriel-Knight Member UncommonPosts: 89

I was actually downloading LOTRO, i will give it a try only because i LOVE Tolkien's stuff, hehe.

And GW, i've heard things but never saw it with my own eyes, so let's give it a shot too, downloading now.

Keep the suggestions coming, il'l like to have a list to try this days.

Thanks!

• mmrbaisitemmrbaisite Member Posts: 61

LotrO isn't really free. It is more like having a Trial option.

Ehm if you don't mind buying the disc...ffxiv is free until the subscribtion program gets re-activated. Which may be a big while. Anyway it might be close to what you want. Nothing worthwhile is really free as a side note.

Originally posted by GabboFunes

I was actually downloading LOTRO, i will give it a try only because i LOVE Tolkien's stuff, hehe.

And GW, i've heard things but never saw it with my own eyes, so let's give it a shot too, downloading now.

Keep the suggestions coming, il'l like to have a list to try this days.

Thanks!

If you don't mind paying for the disks/download of the retail version. I would say its worth it, can simply just jump into group/solo/pvp. It's all up to you :) Not too hard to level up to max either. Kinda nice side experience when you play other mmos, plus it will be good for the build up to GW2 ;)

Il'l try the LOTRO free to see if it fits me...

But just in case: how much it costs? Does it have a monthly fee? Is there much diference between the free?

Well, i've tried GW, and i think i uninstalled it 2 minutes after i saw the first screen: "14 days remaining trial period, buy buy buy yada yada".

I've tried LOTRO and it's almost exactly like WoW except you can't click to run, uninstalled it a couple of minutes after doing some quests, lol.

I was just about to try Runes of Magic but i read all the coments here about the imbalanced item shopping and changed my mind.

Il'l try to be more specific in what i want to play...

Something like UO!

I've played it in a private server (pretty different from the oficial, i assume) and i loved it.

I really like crafting and the impact that it haves on your gear or economy, not crappy things that can be obtained easily via pve by half the effort. I'm not much a graphics fan but i do want a fun and maneagable combat system, UO seems terrible in this aspect for me.

I know that finding a good and 100% F2P game might be hard, but there's maybe a chance. :(

I'm downloading LinkRealms right now, but it's in beta... anyone knows more about this? Release time, for example?

I would like to hear more suggestions. Thanks!

Originally posted by GabboFunes

Well, i've tried GW, and i think i uninstalled it 2 minutes after i saw the first screen: "14 days remaining trial period, buy buy buy yada yada".

I've tried LOTRO and it's almost exactly like WoW except you can't click to run, uninstalled it a couple of minutes after doing some quests, lol.

I was just about to try Runes of Magic but i read all the coments here about the imbalanced item shopping and changed my mind.

Il'l try to be more specific in what i want to play...

Something like UO!

I've played it in a private server (pretty different from the oficial, i assume) and i loved it.

I really like crafting and the impact that it haves on your gear or economy, not crappy things that can be obtained easily via pve by half the effort. I'm not much a graphics fan but i do want a fun and maneagable combat system, UO seems terrible in this aspect for me.

I know that finding a good and 100% F2P game might be hard, but there's maybe a chance. :(

I'm downloading LinkRealms right now, but it's in beta... anyone knows more about this? Release time, for example?

I would like to hear more suggestions. Thanks!

Guild wars is literally about Ten quid on steam, completly worth it, once you have bought retail, everything is free (other than expansions ofc) But the expansions arn't needed unless you want to take your character that bit further, I'm still currently playing the first/main game, and enjoying that alot more than my 'nightfall' expansion character, just give the trial a shot and see what you think, there is no monthly fee, just a one off :) It may be worth it