Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is there a free trial??

Lazerus666Lazerus666 Member Posts: 59

After 3 days of playing I am un installing.  I seriously do not see why a free trail was offered now.  It will only piss people off and show that the game is still in a beta state.  Just like when I used to play lots of crashes, UI is terrible, moving around in the world is very clunky, bugs a plenty, AI and pve is horrible,(8 months seriously still only materials drop???)  I think that is one of the big problems there.  I do not know anyone in the world that wants to play an mmo and kill mobs and get carcasses from huminoids.......   If a mob has armor and a weapon it should drop that instead of a body.

Also the yellow flag exploit.  You are able to shoot yellow flags with spells and kill them, people are abusing it.  So same old MO bad game people still exploiting bugs.  Same reason I quit 3x before. 

I mean really I do not see why a free trial was offered now.  I think they should of waited for the next fabeled content patch in a month or 3.

I know I know you guys will say well SV is changing everything that you talked about, but really I have been hearing that since beta.  I even said it to people myself.  Where is this content??  Henrik said we have tons of content done and coded.  I call bullshit on that if you guys do not see they are developing the game on the fly, I just do not know what to say.  Oh and I have a bridge to nowhere to sell you.

Oh and one brightpoint.  I seriously looked for it.  But I remember Mats or Henrik saying "we won't have collect this many apples and turn them in quests".  WTF is the mushroom thing????? 

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

why? because they absolutely need more subs fast or this game is going to die soon. free trials are the last ditch attempts before the game either goes F2P (very unlikely) or just dies (extremely likely).

many people will play the trial and still not buy the game but even if 1 out of 10 manage to buy the game and sub for a few months then the free trials will have been succesfull.

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524

I left the game in beta because of the continous crashes. I'm on a trial right now, and it seems that the crashes are even worse now (the people on the forums say that it ususally isn't this bad though).

Absolutely nothing has changed, yet I'm actually going to buy the game now. Why? Because as soon as I spawned in the world, there were experienced users standing at the 'tutorial' area, ready to offer help to everyone. I met a player, ABlackGuy, and he asked if anyone wanted a horse for free. I, along with one other guy said sure, and hereafter we started our travel. Just getting to the horses we had to tame took two crashes, but when I finally mounted my own horse for the first time, it was nothing short of an epic experience.

I, along with the other trial user, are now in the same guild as our 'mentor'. So yeah, a couple of hours of play with crashes inbetween and I'm having a blast nonetheless.

Eleanor Rigby.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

IMHO the free trial had not choice but to start on the same day as the Annual Report was released.  The report was horrendous and painted a very bleak picture of the future.  This, as Jack has stated... seems to be one last ditch effort to stay alive for a bit longer.

As to the poster above.. I agree the community had a LOT of very helpful folks.  It also had some obvious asshats exploting to repeatedly kill newbs that were supposed to be invulnerable (one must seriously wonder about the mental state of anyone that actually likes this game driving off the few new people giving it a look).. but there was a very good proportion of helpful players.  The extraordinarilly low population though is a sever hinderance.  When there are 3 guys griefing new players out of maybe 8 people in the area around the city.. it certainly stands out.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

As to the poster above.. I agree the community had a LOT of very helpful folks.  It also had some obvious asshats exploting to repeatedly kill newbs that were supposed to be invulnerable (one must seriously wonder about the mental state of anyone that actually likes this game driving off the few new people giving it a look).. but there was a very good proportion of helpful players.  The extraordinarilly low population though is a sever hinderance.  When there are 3 guys griefing new players out of maybe 8 people in the area around the city.. it certainly stands out.

Indeed. I met a guy in town and he asked me if he looked good covered in blood. He then showed that he had blood on his male genitalia. He asked if I wanted to be part of the blood, but I politely passed on that.

You can't attack the trial users because they're yellow flagged. However, since they're new to the game, I doubt it would be hard to trick them into attacking you, which would result in a dead trial user.

Eleanor Rigby.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Originally posted by Treekodar

Indeed. I met a guy in town and he asked me if he looked good covered in blood. He then showed that he had blood on his male genitalia. He asked if I wanted to be part of the blood, but I politely passed on that.

You can't attack the trial users because they're yellow flagged. However, since they're new to the game, I doubt it would be hard to trick them into attacking you, which would result in a dead trial user.

No.. there is an exploit which allows yellow flagged players to be attacked and killed by magic spells. 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

No.. there is an exploit which allows yellow flagged players to be attacked and killed by magic spells. 

Ohh, well I sure am glad I haven't encountered that then.

Eleanor Rigby.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

why? because they absolutely need more subs fast or this game is going to die soon. free trials are the last ditch attempts before the game either goes F2P (very unlikely) or just dies (extremely likely).

many people will play the trial and still not buy the game but even if 1 out of 10 manage to buy the game and sub for a few months then the free trials will have been succesfull.

THIS!!!!

BestSigEver :P

• Lazerus666Lazerus666 Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

And whose fault is that??  Yours?  Mine? Other players??  Or is it the fault of SV.  I am sorry this smacks of charity, and I am not in the business of giving rich kids charity so they can play MMO developer.  

If the game was good, if every patch did not break the game, if Henrik did not lie over and over and over or over hype everything and crush people's hopes and dreams, if exploiters were not left alone in game because they badly need subs,  the game would not be dying.

Or are you guys trying to tell me that the game is so good no one wants to play it????

Look at the histoy there were a couple thousand people wanting this game to work. Many guilds that supported SV through beta and release and then poof they all left.  Because the game is good?  No no no I am sorry.

Mortal Online is very good on paper and godly if you listen to Henrik's pipe dreams,  but the actual product is trash.   Please believe me I wanted this game to work I hate theme parks and I have been bopin from game to game looking for another UO.  Sadly this game is not another UO and frankly I am pissed Henrick even mentions MO and UO in the same sentence. 

If Henrik was an employee of mine I would fire him for incompetence.  The big experience most of the team over there has is modding the UE in their free time playing games with each other.  I think I know 7 friends that do that.  Anyone want to back us on making a game?