Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My awesome MO experience

Lazerus666Lazerus666 Member Posts: 59

After 14 hours of downloading I pick a Veela head out from Morin Kur to Fab.  Because there was 2 people in MK.  I get to some wisents decide to hit some.  I guess one was bugged out I hit it for 20 mins and it never attacked me back ( yeah skills gain and no dmg). 

Ran into some springboks, those almost killed me so i wandered off and wanted to rest to gain my hp back.  But no can not rest and sittong does nothing.  If I sit to rest I should gain resting.  But meh.   Up to this point I have seen a toal of 3 people from MK to 3 lakes.  One was a nice Argo who gave me a full suit of armor and some random regs.  Thanx bud! 

Finally got to fab and CTD at the front door.  Went to the noob spawn to gather some skills from the I guess just placed anywhere skill people.   Not complaining to much but it just looked like someone said he throw some damn helpers in the game I do not care where and how they are set up throw them in.  That was my first server crash.   Got back in and there was another couple yellow flags there.  We decided to hit each other since we couldnt really hit each other so it was pvp with no dmg.  And all the teleporting started happening so I filmed it.

Decided to go inside Fab, There was 3 people in town.  I asked where the hell is everyone and they said OH there was a lot earlier.  ok

Now the real fun.  I got on the forums in MO and asked where is the pop and also posted some videos.  Basically saying I thought the pop was thriving where is it at I mean MK to Fab I should see more than 5-8 people in a little over an hours time.   Was asking which town is the busiest so I can try out thieving.

I got ip banned.  And I was not trolling at all.

Game is seriously not better than when I used to play.  I would like to know where is all that content Henrick said was done and ready to go.  It sure has not been used in the last 8 months.

Comments

• KyllsynKyllsyn Member UncommonPosts: 110

lol, this made me chuckle.

all derp'd out and nowhere to herpaderp.
  • WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Well, I decided to give the trial a go and so far have managed to get one character stuck in the terrain, while going after some mushrooms to sell.

Having also given it a try in Beta a couple times.. I seriously would like to know when the hell daylight is in this game? I know it exists, because I've seen vids of it. But every time I've logged in, no matter what time of (real life) day, it's dark. It doesn't help that the ambient lighting in-game will randomly glitch out and everything goes black, so all I can see are the stars above me. I feel like I'm in Dark City ("When is the last time you remember doing anything during the day?" Mmmm... Jennifer Connelly... sorry got sidetracked...).

Anyway...

I like the world feeling it gives right away. It is rather "lonely" feeling though, hardly anyone else around. Those I do see seem to be running all over the place randomly. One kept following me around and then coming up to me and unsheathing his sword.. I guess he was trying to attack me... unsuccessfully.

Still have the two weeks on the trial so I'll give it another go... but yeah... would like to log in when I can maybe *see* where I'm going.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Yes.. this was my number one grip from the Journey Thread.  The darkness is utterly ridiculous.  At least yesterday my playtime mostly corresponded with daylight in game but today between the crashes and the night I just gave up doing anything but hitting a tree inside town.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Yes.. this was my number one grip from the Journey Thread.  The darkness is utterly ridiculous.  At least yesterday my playtime mostly corresponded with daylight in game but today between the crashes and the night I just gave up doing anything but hitting a tree inside town.

Well I can now at least see what I'm doing lol. Might have to buy me a torch, though if I intend to not become a complete shut-in once the sun sets.

I have managed to get a bit more into the game... right now I'm a mushroom-pickin' mo'fo, saving up money to get some decent gear. Easy enough task. There are others around me and it seems to me that we're all a bit wary of each other lol. It's kinda funny actually.

Anyway... enjoying the "world" feeling of the game, as I said in my last post. So... curious to see what it'll be like when I eventually venture farther away from where I started.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,

On another note...

3rd time in about 3 hours total playing that I've been kicked back to login screen, to get a message that it's not accepting logins.

They having some kind of temporary issues with their login servers, or is this something I should get used to for the next couple weeks?

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

Well it's been going on since release, so um... yeah, gonna have to get used to it.

• dpollackdpollack Member Posts: 15

You should just be glad you are getting to try if free for yourself... and you know, not have gotten scammed out of your money.