Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online Gets Mention on G4 MMO Report

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

You can see it here - the Mortal Online part starts at about 3:35:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/710678/Possible-Bungie-MMO---The-MMO-Report.html

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by HerculesSAS

They said they paid for some marketing, I guess that's what this is.

LOL, nice attempt at spinning/deceit, but apparently wrong:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/59409-g4s-mmo-report-mentions-mortal-online.html#post1110029

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Originally posted by Rohn

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/59409-g4s-mmo-report-mentions-mortal-online.html#post1110029

That doesn't mean that the ad company SV is paying didn't send the info and content to G4.  That's how this stuff works.  They pay a comany X dollars to spread the word.  That company sends out info bulletins to websites etc trying to drum up interest.  No idea if that happened here, but because they didn't pay G4 directly doesn't mean this isn't part of their organized marketing push...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• RuellisRuellis Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

That doesn't mean that the ad company SV is paying didn't send the info and content to G4.  That's how this stuff works.  They pay a comany X dollars to spread the word.  That company sends out info bulletins to websites etc trying to drum up interest.  No idea if that happened here, but because they didn't pay G4 directly doesn't mean this isn't part of their organized marketing push...

What is your point really? That Star Vault is shamefully marketing the game, while other honest companies like Blizzard never did?

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Press releases or marketing materials that are picked up on and chosen to be reported on by an agency is clearly different from "bought and paid for" advertising, which was the clear insinuation that I was clarifying.

Originally posted by Ruellis

What is your point really? That Star Vault is shamefully marketing the game, while other honest companies like Blizzard never did?

Not at all.  I think they need to advertise.. and they need to do it quickly..  I objected to the dismissive tone of the post I replied to.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Press releases or marketing materials that are picked up on and chosen to be reported on by an agency is clearly different from "bought and paid for" advertising, which was the clear insinuation that I was clarifying.

Your quote is NOT his quote so I am not sure who you are quoting.  His quote was "They paid for some marketing. I guess that's what this is." and since you yourself describe "marketing materials that are picked up on" I really fail to see your point.  You are blatantly misquoting...

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

I never said they paid for a review, I just said they paid for a marketing push. Part of that is to get the word out through different methods and means. Marketing firms often have contacts within media firms to push something like this.

If true however, I think it's a waste of money because I don't know how big an audience G4 reaches, but they'd have been better off (strangely enough) paying for marketing through other sites that are frequented by hardcore gamers.

• UnseelieCourUnseelieCour Member CommonPosts: 46

Your quote is NOT his quote so I am not sure who you are quoting.  His quote was "They paid for some marketing. I guess that's what this is." and since you yourself describe "marketing materials that are picked up on" I really fail to see your point.  You are blatantly misquoting...

No, those were his exact words. Not that it matters in the slightest, apart from the insinuation that someone is misquoting/misleading. Even then, I fail to see your point.

Originally posted by UnseelieCour

No, those were his exact words. Not that it matters in the slightest, apart from the insinuation that someone is misquoting/misleading. Even then, I fail to see your point.

"bought and paid for" advertising

Perhaps there is a different definition of "exact words" but the only one I am familiar with does not fit the above.  Have a wonderful evening though!

• UnseelieCourUnseelieCour Member CommonPosts: 46

And that explains why I didn't have a clue what you were on about, slap. Rohn quoted hercules perfectly and it looked like you were agruing that.  Re. "bought and paid", I don't see where this is a quote attributed to anyone. Large font my emphasis.

Again, I don't see the slightest difference it would make anyway.

And thank you, I hope you have an enjoyable evening too.

• yabooeryabooer Member Posts: 97

Rohn, don't get worked up, we all known MO didn't pay for that, as most of their funds are going to the game, and well if they did pay for it, it definitely wouldn't make fun of themselves, and well, have a better ad than that. Other than that I am happy our game is getting some recognition, even if it isn't too positive, press, is press.

{mod edit}