Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THINK ABOUT THIS

steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

OK guys think about this, because me and my friend were talkin and this could be true:

About every 2-3 weeks they will be talking about the different races, then probably class releases inbetween. So, They will end up with releasing all the classes info and race info.

What i am trying to say is this game could be released from the end of MARCH all the way to the end of the year. Especially at the rate that they are releasing information now.

Now, DISCUSS BELOW!

Comments

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by steeler989

Now, DISCUSS BELOW!

No.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by Master10K

Now, DISCUSS BELOW!

No.

This is not a game.

• StoogeMonkeyStoogeMonkey Member Posts: 185

They are just trying to counter the recet rift hype... it'll die off after.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Originally posted by StoogeMonkey

I don't think Rift is a blip on their radar.

• KareshKaresh Member UncommonPosts: 242

Originally posted by arenasb

agreed

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

They are releasing this all this info to not lose the hype, actually it´s more like the game is FAR from ready so they keep pumping the hype meter to grab more people and hold those who are already anxious for it.

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770

OK guys think about this, because me and my friend were talkin and this could be true:

About every 2-3 weeks they will be talking about the different races, then probably class releases inbetween. So, They will end up with releasing all the classes info and race info.

What i am trying to say is this game could be released from the end of MARCH all the way to the end of the year. Especially at the rate that they are releasing information now.

Now, DISCUSS BELOW!

All i've seen except the Scripted PAX game play is a bunch of concept art, every couple of weeks they put out info with nothing but concept art and no gameplay footage...

2012 if your lucky...

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• rykimrykim Member Posts: 76

Originally posted by Kenaoshi

They are releasing this all this info to not lose the hype, actually it´s more like the game is FAR from ready so they keep pumping the hype meter to grab more people and hold those who are already anxious for it.

I think it has more to do with them showcasing a new demo at PAX East.  Going to be seeing new things in the demo, so why not explain some things before hand in a professional manner then have the commnity just depicting everything pixel by pixel, word by word?  Not that it still won't happen, but I assume some of the stuff ArenaNet has been talking about lately will resonate with the new demo.

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

Originally posted by BlackUhuru

Now, DISCUSS BELOW!
    All i've seen except the Scripted PAX game play is a bunch of concept art, every couple of weeks they put out info with nothing but concept art and no gameplay footage...
    2012 if your lucky...

No gameplay footage? Do you live under a rock or something?

But anyways, I'm surprised they haven't covered anything about PVP or guild system improvements yet. This IS the sequel to Guild Wars after all. Is it just going to be an epic PVE game named Guild Wars for no reason?

I don't think we'll see the game released until at least Christmas season of this year. This is good, I can ask for it as a present and play it soon after release.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Now, DISCUSS BELOW!

2012 if your lucky...

Right, because they havent been releasing gameplay videos as well as footage from demos and other things for about the past 8-9 months or so....

• KleirKleir Member UncommonPosts: 155

Yes there were only two weeks between human and norn week, but I don't think they will continue at this rate.  They could have released norn week early due to trying to get the race info out there before it shows up in the PAX East demo (which is just speculation), or it was just filler because they had nothing else to say and they promised no more dry spells in this new year, or they just felt like it.  Either way the norn week hasn't been that great so far imo, like compared to human week.  I haven't had the motivation to even read through the norn posts.  I just look for the pretty in-game pic for a sec then close it off.  

Anet said there would also be alpha & beta testing, so it won't release anytime close to now.  We still have 3 more profession releases, 3 more race weeks, articles on PvP, articles on underwater combat, and a bunch more articles on things we haven't thought about yet.

I would say it releases in at least 6 more months.

"Many have eyes, but few have seen." - Goddess Lyssa

• NightAngellNightAngell Member Posts: 566

Now, DISCUSS BELOW!

2012 if your lucky...

Says the rift follower who does not know what he is talking about.

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Now, DISCUSS BELOW!

2012 if your lucky...

Right, because they havent been releasing gameplay videos as well as footage from demos and other things for about the past 8-9 months or so....

Dude they don't record footage for demos because they have other people do it and post it on youtube or other things (like this website!). And for the classes, guardian for example, they showed gameplay on some of his skills. Thats what they do.

• CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353

Originally posted by Xero_Chance

Now, DISCUSS BELOW!

2012 if your lucky...

No gameplay footage? Do you live under a rock or something?

But anyways, I'm surprised they haven't covered anything about PVP or guild system improvements yet. This IS the sequel to Guild Wars after all. Is it just going to be an epic PVE game named Guild Wars for no reason?

I don't think we'll see the game released until at least Christmas season of this year. This is good, I can ask for it as a present and play it soon after release.

Saving the best for last.. :)

And PvP requires a lot more balance than PvE so, yeah.

Eat me!

• SfaliaraSfaliara Member Posts: 438

Now, DISCUSS BELOW!

2012 if your lucky...

Dude they don't record footage for demos because they have other people do it and post it on youtube or other things (like this website!). And for the classes, guardian for example, they showed gameplay on some of his skills. Thats what they do.

Some people really can't grasp a sarcasm comment can they...

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by arenasb

If you're talking RIFT being a blip on the radar of ArenaNet......I concur.  I doubt they've ever had a moments thought about RIFT. Different games attract different people. GW2 is buy to play. I don't think they're directly competing with anyone, actually.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Sfaliara

Now, DISCUSS BELOW!

2012 if your lucky...

Some people really can't grasp a sarcasm comment can they...

Apparently not, since I've seen more in game footage of GW2 than ANY other upcoming MMO. Or maybe some people just don't know where to go to FIND said gameplay videos.  Sometimes I think people type before they think or research maybe?

One HOUR gameplay:

http://vid.buffed.de/v/mvzjEXAUHA7/Guild-Wars-2/Wartower-Spotlight-GC-2010-Folge-7/

There are more of these too, by the way.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• andrewattheUandrewattheU Member Posts: 35

funny how GW2 still has morew hype than Rift despite Rift releasing right now

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

There is alot of stuff that needs to be revealed before they start beta events and release.  Underwater combat, new professions, PvP, etc etc. I would love to see things released earlier then expected but I seriously have a hard time thinking that it will be any earlier then last quarter 2011.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Originally posted by andrewattheU

funny how GW2 still has morew hype than Rift despite Rift releasing right now

Why is that funny on a site such as this?

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

I don't know when it will release, but I am fairly sure it will be before the end of the year. They are releasing information at too rapid a clip for it to be otherwise. I know they they will release when it is ready, and that is the right way to go about it. That said, they know that they cannot keep the hype train rolling for most people (not just serious fans) indefinitely. So if they were not growing more confident about their expected release, they would not be releasing information at this pace. It is just common sense.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

Originally posted by Dubhlaith

I don't know when it will release, but I am fairly sure it will be before the end of the year. They are releasing information at too rapid a clip for it to be otherwise. I know they they will release when it is ready, and that is the right way to go about it. That said, they know that they cannot keep the hype train rolling for most people (not just serious fans) indefinitely. So if they were not growing more confident about their expected release, they would not be releasing information at this pace. It is just common sense.

Exactly. Thats what I was thinking.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Kenaoshi

Uhm, yes. Keeping up the hype will generate a lot of preorders and any MMO company wants that.

That the game is far from ready or not is just speculations. What we saw already at Gamescon last year was more ready than most MMOs ever been but that was just certain points of the game.

You would need to have special knowledge to know anything more.

It is clear that the game wont release for the next 3 months since it still have to pass beta stage even if most of the game is fixed up in alpha.

That means the game can release this sommer but it might also take a year, you don't know which and neither do I.

• RameiArashiRameiArashi Member UncommonPosts: 294

How did you manage to miss the in game  shot of female norn with the big gun?