Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS3 or XBOX360

Comments

• piffer09piffer09 Member Posts: 6

I'll go for PS3 due to its good downloadable content and exclusive games. Its the only unit I have can't try the xbox360 due to low budget even it has some good game also.

• thommic12thommic12 Member Posts: 9

Go for Xbox360 is cheaper and xbox live really lots of download.

• erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

Between the 2 consoles if you like or don't mind kicking up a few hundred bucks every so often then the 360 is for you since these cheap consoles tend to break down more and faster then any console in existence. Now, you if you want quality and don't need to worry about your system breaking down and don't want to pay for online gaming, then the PS3 is the one to get.

Just about anyone and everyone who has ever paid for a 360 will tell you they have had to replace it since it broke down.  The company who sells these cheap consoles know exactly the garbage they sell but they continue selling them since people continue buying them.

So while you can blame them and rightly so, the people who keep buying these consoles are also to blame for continuing to buy this faulty product.

• erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

Originally posted by thommic12

Go for Xbox360 is cheaper and xbox live really lots of download.

How is it cheaper when they tend to break down so frequently which in turn leads to spending more cash to replace them or repair them?

• keibrnkeibrn Member Posts: 15
    PS3 here, ^_^
    Lot of new games are coming this year for this console. But i'm still thiking of investing for xbox 360 because i can develop games and test it using the xbox 360.
  • shane12shane12 Member Posts: 1

If I where you I'll go for ps3 due to its graphics display and a little bit cheap blue ray unit. I bought ps3 because of the metal gear solid 4 only for ps3.

• jcminok44jcminok44 Member Posts: 2

choose PS3 because a lot of new games will be coming this year.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

little update for me.

i sold my xbox 360 and got a ps3. the xbox had way to many little kids on it and not to many games that i want comeig out. ps3 had alot of games i want comeing out and not many little kids on there.

• It really depends on where you live. I listed the choices as how the console are favour by the people in these zones.

United States

1: Wii

2: Xbox360

3: Playstation 3

European Union

2: Playstation 3

3: Xbox360

Japan

2: Playstation 3

3: Xbox360

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

in the USA the wii is not number 1 lol.  i would say 2 at best. a tie for number one is ps3/360.   the wii is not really a big gameing system seeing how it has nothing to offer anymore. it did at once until 360 and ps3 came out with the move/kinect

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

Xbox 360.

I've learned from playing Japanese games never to buy a Localized Japanese Title. While the voice acting is cute and some stories are good...they are just not the same as the Japanese Storylines in their own language. Also all the Downloadable Content if you connect to their smartphones, along with their PSPs for the most part are not allowed for those living outside of Japan to play.

"For use in Japan Only" is a very common label. 

Microsoft entered the console world when the Japanese were in total domination of the console gaming market. In under a decade the Japanese have lost that domination are now have resorted to crawling under rocks and creating handheld games under their population while some JPN developers have surrendered to the 360 (as much Japanese working for a foreign company view it as betrayal and defeat agains their own people) and the majority of the world develops titles for the 360 and tends to port them to PC as well.

Remember, Square-Enix was so desperate about learning more about PC game development they LITERALLY BOUGHT EIDOS interractive.

Also I wouldn't be caught DEAD owning a PS3 because all I have to do is YOUTUBE a PS3 video or visit a pair of websites and I can be arrested by a foreign corporation. JUST OWNING A PS3 is more threatening to my human rights than not owning one. 

WHY DO THIS? Its called "RETALIATION." The Japanese can not handle that they are no longer in control, so to punish westerners decide to use the actions of one hacker to arrest the non-japanese customers as a means to make up their lost profits to reach projection. A desperate move by a desperate and greedy group. Links are below:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/03/geohot-site-unmasking/

and 

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/03/playstation-hacker-paypal/

I GOT A GREAT IDEA! Lets say a certain YOUTUBE video looks like an AMERICAN HACKED A GAME...so lets ask the american judge that approved us before to have a citizen arrested of hacking with no proof so we can extradite the citizen to JAPAN and have fun burning a foreigner at the stake. HOW DARE THOSE WESTERNERS oppose us by actually buying into the blasphemous competition. ITS NOT FAIR and YOU WILL ALL PAY....

Think I am crazy? Go look up MANCHURIA.....:) and see what Japanese people do to people who do not conform to their ways. 

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

I've got a PS3 and really liked it up until Sony was hacked.  Now I can't get online.  I do like the BlueRay movies the PS3 can play.

Which system would I buy now? With all of the problems Sony is having, I'd have to say the XBox is in the lead. I can't help but wonder though if its only a matter of time before the XBox is also hacked.

• VenDyneVenDyne Member Posts: 51

I vote for the 360, since most of the games that I want are there, and the graphics are better (take Bayonetta for example).

Sturgeon's Law: "90% of everything is crud."

• TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

Imo, you should go for the 360 if you want a rich multiplayer experience. Yes, the ps3 might have blueray, but who buys their movies these days? It's either netflix or thepiratebay. So since you can play .avi files thats not really an issue. For the who "the xbox breaks all the time" Total BS from me and my friends point of view. NONE of my friends xbox' has ever broken down so that it has had to be sent to repair, or they've had to buy a new one. More of my ps3 friends have had their ps3 break down worse in the past 3 years.

I've had the "Red Ring of Death" (RRoD) myself a couple of times, but all I did was leave it alone for 20 min and it was fine. Just make sure that there is about 20cm of open space on the sides where the coolingfans are. And don't move while it's on. Other than that, I've had no problems with my 360, ever. So for gaming I really recommend you get this, but for media and more casual stuff, get ps3.

So there you go. A serious reply, as opposed to some others...

scribble scribble scribble

• IfeedtrollsIfeedtrolls Member Posts: 122

I wish PC was an option. Honestly, I have to go with Playstation, only because I am a fan of more playstation games than xbox. I love Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Jak. Devil May Cry was originally PS before Xbox incoporated it. So, my answer is Playstation. Hands down.

• HardwareDCHardwareDC Member UncommonPosts: 59

PS3, free online gaming.  Nice not to have to give more money away to these companies.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

Save up and buy a decent PC.

I bought I PS3 after getting the PS1 and PS2 as I grew up, but after finally having a decent gaming PC, theres no contest. If you like extremely high replay value, mods will change your life. I tell my friends they should get a decent gaming PC, but they are complete dummies. "No I rather spend 60 dollars on a game I'll play for a few hours and never play again" rather than spend 50 on the same game and use mods to mae it last for years and years.

The PS3 will definatly be the last console I ever buy (handhelds not including, that PSvtia looks sweeeeet). Dont get me wrong though, the PS3 came in handy when I had PC problems. I could log on to my PS3 and then look up the problem, but now I can do that with my smartphone that I now have. The lack of a decent PC makes the console useful I admit. Im not sure if I'd be more happy with the 360 though. If it were between PS2 and xbox, I'd tell you the xbox just has a bunch of generic first person shooter military games. But with the 360 and PS3 90% of all the games on them are BS first person shooters and/or military themed, its just really really really sickening.  I'd sit in a room full of first time MMO players that think WoW was the first MMO ever made if it meant that devs would go back to make for variety. But instead people like that me who don;t care for the same sports and military games wait for sequels like resident evil, the elders scrolls, grand thef auto, etc. 

But with a PC you can actually enjoy older games because they're refreshed and revamped via mods.

• SlyGamer79SlyGamer79 Member Posts: 278

PS3 or suck it !

rofl  j/k 

its all good baby either system is cool and has pros & cons to each.

PSN-SlyFox5679
    Xfire-Slyfox5679
    raptr-slygamer1979

• neabaephneabaeph Member Posts: 8

I'll go for PS3 for I'm used to sony entertainment products. Got a PS1 and PS2 and why not a PS3. Most of the games that I like are exclusive in PS3.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

I hope to buy a console soonish, and it'll definitely be a 360. While I like the RPG selection for the PS3 more, it's the controller that is the deciding factor for me. I would rate the PS3 controller as a 5, while I consider the 360 controller to be a 9 (it's probably the best analog controller I've ever used; the dpad controller award goes to the SNES).

<3

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

I refuse to buy a PS3 for one reason: Sony had the nerve to charge $700 for a fucking logo at launch.

Yes, they've gotten their shit together on price.

No, that doesn't change my mind in any way. 

At the time the PS3 launched, I could have built a half-way decent gaming rig that would run games head and shoulders above anything in the first gen PS3 library. I didn't like Mico$oft's policy of charging the consumer for a thousand additional services, but it was a damn sight better than being gouged up front. 

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by QuasiRain

Take BOTH!

Still, all I have is the XBox 360, so I can't compare. They both have Blazblue though. ^_^

Blazblue was one of the best fighters released in years! I have sticks for both my Xbox360 & PS3 but I do think the PS3 controller is better for fighters while the Xbox360 controller is better for Fps.

• LinholmLinholm Member Posts: 2

XBOX 360! Big Grin So many XBox Live Arcarde Games at lower prices.

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

i think systems really depend on what games you want to play, and what systems your friends play. i first purchased my 360 for halo. my 360 ended up getting the red ring of dead last year and i purchased another 360. my decision for this was mainly because all my friends play 360 with an exception of 2 who play ps3. 

my brother went the ps3 route because he wanted to play gran turismo, and growing up we've played the whole series. other than that i don't think my brother really cares what system he would've gotten. he doesn't play online. he usually only gets games for story mode/campaign. 

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636

I bought my 360 years ago and have never had any problems. I use it mainly for netflix though... lol, games should be played on a PC.