Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

good enough

SchwaahlySchwaahly Member Posts: 7

will i be able to run GW2 and Elder Scrolls Skryim at max with ........>

AMD Phenom II X4 925 CPU

• 4GB DDR3/1600MHz RAM

• ATI HD 5450 1GB Video

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

You're not going to be able to run very many games at max settings with a low end video card that isn't meant for gaming at all.

• SchwaahlySchwaahly Member Posts: 7

kk maby ill try a nvidia 460

Do you already have a computer that you're trying to upgrade, or are you looking to buy a new computer, or what?

what i got atm

What case do you have, and what power supply?  That may restrict your video card upgrade options.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

With an nVidia 460 you will likely be able to (or pretty close), but like Quiz says, it depends on your power supply as to if you can actually install one or not. A nV460GTX is recommended to have at least a 450W power supply.

Alternatively, and for about the same price, you could get an AMD 6850. It will use 50W less power, and give you similar performance to the 460.

Of course, since GW2 and ES5 aren't released yet, it's impossible to known how these cards will perform on those games, but given the age of the technology, and their current performance in games, they likely will hold up well in games released for the next couple of years.

Keep in mind that ~many~ power supplies list their peak wattage, not their continuous output. If it's not a well trusted brand name power supply, take that wattage number on the sticker with a grain of salt.

thx for the input have a 600watt ps and a coolermaster 912 case guess ill stay with what i have for now till i see the specs for the games 8 )

I asked what power supply you had, not just the nominal wattage on it.  Some "600 W" power supplies will explode if you try to pull 400 W from them.

CoolerMaster HAF 912 Mid-Tower Gaming Case

600 Watts - XtremeGear Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

Asus M4N68T-M V2 AM3 DDR3 NVIDIA Geforce 7025/nForce 630a Chipset mATX w/ Onboard Graphics and Core Unlocker, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB 2.0, SATA-II RAID, 1 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI

That's a cheap junk power supply, so I'd replace it just on general principle.  What you should replace it with depends some on how fast of a video card you're going to get.  This one is a really good deal at the moment:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371030