Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just try the game for yourself...

bluemagibluemagi Member UncommonPosts: 43

I just want to say that if I listened to some posters here about the lag or being unable to download etc. etc. I wouldn't have bothered trying to download the game.  I'm patching now and my latency is pretty good, 6 green bars and i'm at 1.3mb/sec.  I have yet to try the game but I tried the beta and it didn't really make a great impression on me so I awaited until there was a free trial after release.

Huzzah, now there so I can make my OWN observations and really experience the game.  Dammit just try it, it's a FREE trial.  You don't have to pay a single penny, so just do it.  How many dingbats who don't know how to handle their computer have had issues with the mmorpg you are playing or used to play?  You can't base what your experience will be like based on someone's experience.  Just try it out!

-end rant.

Comments

• clankyaspclankyasp Member Posts: 213

I played it last night with trial account, its working no problem at all but the game feels unfinished for some reason or may be thats how sandbox is. i love the concept though. i will play more later after reading some guides.

• bluemagibluemagi Member UncommonPosts: 43

From how I played it in beta, that's actually part of the beauty of the game but yea it won't appeal to everyone.  I'm about to play it myself after this last patch.  I'm going to be a pure race Sheevra Mage/Tamer

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by clankyasp

but the game feels unfinished for some reason or may be thats how sandbox is.

No. No, no, no. Don't let an unfinished PvP game give you impression all sandboxes should be this way.

So I tried it, hated it, uninstalled.  Hope your situation is different.  I'm running on my laptop/quadcore apparently this game only supports single core.  Not gonna risk blowing up my laptop.  Try the game out anyway, maybe your situation will be different.

• SharookSharook Member Posts: 72

did you quit because of hardware issues only or also because of other reasons? gameplay etc?

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

Created account.

Logged in.

Ran around for 30+ minutes and saw ... no one. 

Other sandbox games have 'starter areas', so to speak.  Where new players port in. 

I had hoped to run into at least a few other new players.  No such luck.

Logged out. 

Haven't logged back in since.

side note:

I was bugged by the way first person view is handled in this game.  Unless you can adjust your POV, it's a big setback for me. 

Yea it was more hardware issues, the game looks nice at full settings but my computer kept freezing and from what I read on the forums, this game can only support single core processors.   I use my laptop for work as well so I'd rather not blow it up lol

• RuellisRuellis Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by bluemagi

Yea it was more hardware issues, the game looks nice at full settings but my computer kept freezing and from what I read on the forums, this game can only support single core processors.   I use my laptop for work as well so I'd rather not blow it up lol

I have an AMD Phenom II X4 quadcoe and it runs well. Laptops usually have crapy graphic cards. MO need powerfull graphic card.