Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mid tower case question

PraorPraor Member Posts: 519

Can anyone here recommend a Mid tower case with slide out mobo tray ? I been looking around but can't seem to find a whole lot with a slide out tray.  Thanks for any input .

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

Comments

• earth2011earth2011 Member Posts: 131

a

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

You know, I have an older PC-60 series Lian Li midtower that does have a slide out tray. It's several years old now though, and I don't know that you can find them easily. The only one in their current lineup I could find with a slide out tray was the PC-V1020.

Corsair has ditched the rackable tray as well, in favor for cable access ports, which I have to say are very slick.

Sliding motherboard trays seem to have fallen out of favor, and I can understand why. I didn't find it terribly useful past the initial motherboard installation myself, as you had to remove all the cables (USB/FW ports, panel LEDS, power/reset button, fan power, SATA/IDE, power cables) before you could rack them out anyway. Once you had all the cards installed (especially those heavy video cards), they became a bit flimsy and I was always afraid it would stress something just far enough to break a trace or pop a chip loose. That, and rigidly mounted motherboard tray allow for other rackable items, like hard drive storage and power supply cages, without sacrificing case strength or stability.

So I guess what I'm saying is, don't get too hung up on a slide out motherboard tray. There are a lot of other great features that cases are sporting that are much more handy that you could be missing out on.

Aside from Lian Li and Corsair cases, I don't know too much I'm afraid.