Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whats a good free mmo?

XirxiesXirxies Member Posts: 20

ive played Daoc, WoW, Atlantica, Warhammer, and CoH... and plenty more and cant seem to find a decent mmo these days so am looking for a free mmo to play til a decent mmo worth paying for comes out... unless someone can tell me a good mmo to play that pay to play... 

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

LOTRO

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• XirxiesXirxies Member Posts: 20

my mom, dad, and I all  play mmos together and my dad tried LOTRO once and said he didnt like it. we're just trying to find something good to play and it seems like there isnt much to play anymore...

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

If you didn't like LotRO, try either Dungeons & Dragons Online Unlimited or Everquest2 Extended. Those are the only three F2P MMOs worth playing, in my opinion.

<3

• ScrimMalteseScrimMaltese Member Posts: 469

Wizard101 is pretty fun. Kinda childish graphics, but it has some fairly deep gameplay and great grouping. I'm 27 and I love the game. 

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

thats kind of hard when you didnt give any indication as to what do you like in mmorpgs.

• japojapo Member Posts: 306

EQ2X

• XirxiesXirxies Member Posts: 20

we play rpgs and seems like as of late the mmorpg games r getting thin...

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

DCUO is very fun.

Vindictus

Divine Souls

Kabod: i like its combat, another neat "wow clone"

Wizard 101: like someone mentioned its on the kid side but its very impressive and fun

Mytheon

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Personally loved Atlantica online.

• mlauzonmlauzon Member UncommonPosts: 767

Originally posted by monstermmo
    DCUO is very fun.
    Vindictus
    Divine Souls
    Wizard 101: like someone mentioned its on the kid side but its very impressive and fun
    Mytheon

Here we go with the 'WoW-clone' comments, when in fact every MMO is a clone of the original MMO: Meridian 59!

--
    Michael

• drowelfdrowelf Member UncommonPosts: 114

well Lord of the rings online:

Vindictus:

Runes of magic:

Dungeons and Dragons online:

Champions online:

Perfuct World Internatial:

EverQuest2 Extended:

Are all free to play with cash store that sells usefull iteams and cothes. So you dont have to buy anything <not shure about EQ2 tho>.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

It's hard to get better lore and roleplaying, even in a paid MMO, than LOTRO has, but if you've already tried it and not liked it, it's tough.

You may want to try Dungeons and Dragons online then, it is by the same developer, the gameplay is radically different, but it also has a pretty rich environment for RPG'ers.

EQ2X was mentioned as well. It has some of the best crafting and player housing out there. The lore is very rich, as it's built from the years of original Everquest lore.

Guild Wars isn't technically free, but it doesn't have a monthly subscription. That has a very active community that may be worth looking into, and GW2 is on the horizon.

What about Runes of Magic? That's a F2P, and when I tried it, I swore I was playing WoW again. The lore is not bad, the graphics and game play are almost identical to WoW. It does lean a bit on the cash shop though.

Champions Online just went F2P, and it's pretty similar to CoH. May be worth a peek, I thought it was fun for a bit, wasn't quite as involved as CoH was though.

Pandora Saga is pretty interesting, I just downloaded it the other day, so I don't have much experience with it to say much about it's lore and roleplaying.

Vindictus is fun, but a bit violent and thin on story. I'll shamelessly plug it since it's what I'm currently playing.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I  wasted countless hours looking for a decent mmog to play.I couldn't find one.I thought about games I have played in the past and recalled the fun I had with CIVILIZATION.I tried their free demo ...liked it and my wife bought CIVILIZATION 5 for a Valentines gift.Thats where I play now..as I watch and read on this site about games in the pipelane.

• donkeysdonkeys Member Posts: 239

LOTRO

Collector's editions are scams.

• EmergenceEmergence Member Posts: 888

Originally posted by mlauzon

Originally posted by monstermmo

DCUO is very fun.

Vindictus

Divine Souls

Mytheon

Here we go with the 'WoW-clone' comments, when in fact every MMO is a clone of the original MMO: Meridian 59!

No. No it isn't.

I don't think anyone cloned Meridian 59, since that game was never heard of even today :P lol

If being a developer means being quiet, mature, well-spoken, and disconnected from the community, then by all means do me a favor and believe I'm not one.

• vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417

Uncharted Waters Online

- New

- Huge content

- Sandboxy

- Dozens of professions

- Player housing and guild housing

- Undisruptive cash shop

- Free

- Original Setting

- Very Balanced

- Huge World

- Expansions already in the making

- Skill based / tons of skills

- Slow paced / will take months or years to explore all the content

- territory control / world sea pvp

- Great meaningful Crafting

- Player driven Economy

- Thousands of quests

etc...

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

• GrayGreeneGrayGreene Member Posts: 239

Uncharted Waters Online is a really good game.  Yes it's free, with a cash shop that no one seems to need, (a good thing) and deep, abundant content.  There is a large population on this game, and tons of players everywhere you go.  The map is huge, and lots of adults playing this game, along with their families.  It's got a good review on Metacritic and glowing reviews on this site.  Customer service however is really bad.  I've come to expect that though, especially from free games.