Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This trial thing even worth the download time?

raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

I have heard nothing good about this game.. should I even bother?

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Originally posted by raystantz

That would be up to you... feel free to follow my Journey into Mortal Online which I document in another thread on these forums.  It should be an interesting few days!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

No. If you hate the trolls on MMORPG.com, imagine them all in one game.

Welcome to Mortal Online.

(Unless you like running around naked punching people. Then this is the perfect game!)

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Im personally very excited about this. Several times ive thought about just dishing out the money because it sounds great but then i just cant do it because some of the feedback its gotten.

Now ill definitely check it out, just not quite yet. Im waiting on Bulletstorm to arrive so i can play that all day. :)

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Originally posted by raystantz

That would be up to you... feel free to follow my Journey into Mortal Online which I document in another thread on these forums.  It should be an interesting few days!

Of course, this is the beauty of a free trial, Ray - you don't have to rely on the veracity of forum posters to get an accurate view of the game, especially given the fact that each person has unique preferences.

It's impossible to say whether or not you'll like it, but the only sure way to know is to try it yourself.

Heck, to me, trying new games is fun in and of itself, whether or not I end up liking it long term.  There are few games that have given me no enjoyment at all.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• chriswsmchriswsm Member UncommonPosts: 383

I was in the beta about a year ago and was somewhat taken aback by the size of the world and dismayed at the amount of bugs that existed.

Am downloading now to see if it has improved but the patches are taking forever (6 hours so far and only half way through second patch).

Tempted to give up.  Will at least give up for today and if the patch doesnt carry on tomorrow from where it left off I will abort the entire thing.

I used to visit this site a lot however in recent years it has become the home of negative forum posts, illogical opinions and tantrums so I visit less often.

Played or Beta'd: UO / DAOC / Horizons / EQ2 / DDO / EVE / Archlord / PirateKingsOnline / Tabula Rasa / LOTRO / AOC / Champions / Darkfall / Mortal Online / DCUO / Rift / STO / SWTOR / TSW

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Well I would say MO is a 1 month game, meaning you'll have explored every aspect of the game in just 1 month, so a 1 month trial is just what you need.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

My only suggestion would be to play as much as you can in the 14 days.  I say this for two reasons that might seem to contradict each other.

The Pro:  The game can be hard to get into.  You might decide in the first hour or two that it is garbage. . this could be for many reason. ( the UI, Your character will move slowly and seem to attack slowly until you build skills in these areas- You could get ganked early)  It takes a few hours to really get a feel for the game.  Try to get out exploring and see the world.  It will grow on you!

The Con:  After the world grows on you and you start exploring and gaining some skills you might get really into the game.  Try to see as much as you can.  The world will see "vast" at the beginning and the world very immersive.  The reason that this is a CON for me is that quite a few people after a month or so start to wonder what they should do next etc or just don't feel like logging in.  You won't see that in the first 14 days.  Try to imagine. . . "okay once I have explored and got my skills up what would I do?"  If you have some answers for that great. 

I suppose the way they are running it you could always start a second 14 day trial and play for 28 days.  Consider the first 14 a chance to figure the game out maybe?

Also spend time chatting with people.  The game almost requires you to be social.  I think that is a good thing.  It seems to happen naturally in the game.  Also consider starting in one of the towns that has a newb friendly guild.  I can never spell the name of that place. . but there are several.  

I am glad they have this trial so some of the debate can die down.  Now people can see for themselves.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

My only suggestion would be to play as much as you can in the 14 days.  I say this for two reasons that might seem to contradict each other.

The Pro:  The game can be hard to get into.  You might decide in the first hour or two that it is garbage. . this could be for many reason. ( the UI, Your character will move slowly and seem to attack slowly until you build skills in these areas- You could get ganked early)  It takes a few hours to really get a feel for the game.  Try to get out exploring and see the world.  It will grow on you!

The Con:  After the world grows on you and you start exploring and gaining some skills you might get really into the game.  Try to see as much as you can.  The world will see "vast" at the beginning and the world very immersive.  The reason that this is a CON for me is that quite a few people after a month or so start to wonder what they should do next etc or just don't feel like logging in.  You won't see that in the first 14 days.  Try to imagine. . . "okay once I have explored and got my skills up what would I do?"  If you have some answers for that great. 

I suppose the way they are running it you could always start a second 14 day trial and play for 28 days.  Consider the first 14 a chance to figure the game out maybe?

Also spend time chatting with people.  The game almost requires you to be social.  I think that is a good thing.  It seems to happen naturally in the game.  Also consider starting in one of the towns that has a newb friendly guild.  I can never spell the name of that place. . but there are several.  

I am glad they have this trial so some of the debate can die down.  Now people can see for themselves.

Bak-ti is where the Forsaken guys hang out - they are very new player friendly.  Their tag is [FOR].

Moh-ki was always good for Wessex guys.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Originally posted by Rohn

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Bak-ti is where the Forsaken guys hang out - they are very new player friendly.  Their tag is [FOR].

Moh-ki was always good for Wessex guys.

Ah thanks.  I was around Moh-ki but it was Bak-ti I was thinking of :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!