Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC gets PvP?

NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Found this article on Massively this morning.  This is the first time I ever actually considered resubbing to AoC myself.  We'll have to see how things shape up.

Age of Conan readying new hardcore PvP servers with corpse looting

Hardcore killas rejoice! Funcom has heard your cries of injustice and is in the process of putting together a new server ruleset for the old-school PKers in the audience. Age of Conan game director Craig "Silirrion" Morrison unveiled the news in his most recent monthly dev update, and while a few things remain up in the air (chiefly a release date and official server names), it looks like most everything else has been hammered out.

In a nutshell, Funcom will be adding one new server to both the US and EU versions of AoC, each featuring the new PvP ruleset (tentatively titled Blood and Glory). The new realms will require players to start fresh -- i.e., there are no character transfers. The hardcore shards will also restrict players to one character, and will lack NPC guards. PvP will be re-enabled in the Underhalls and White Sands portions of Tortage, and a player looting system will take effect (though details on this are scarce at the moment).

Funcom hopes to have the new shards deployed in early May, with some version of the ruleset making an appearance on the test servers prior to that date.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/02/24/age-of-conan-readying-new-hardcore-pvp-servers-with-corpse-looti/

Steam: Neph

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Funcom promises alot and delivers little or very slowly, they are interested in selling hype and subs only.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • AliothAlioth Member UncommonPosts: 236

Very cool.

It's nice to see Funcom trying something new.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

I could resub for that, assuming territory control is fixed as well.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839

Now if only Vanguard would re-release and give us back Team PvP...

Isaiah 41:10
  • LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

This is pretty cool. And Sirrloin already has polls posted based on player feedback. They are allowing the players to decide the general rule set.  I have too give some credit to this producer for creating a new PvP server directed to PvP hardcore gamers and allowing the players to decide the rule sets. 

Edited to add on: Also, MOA's and the faction grind is going to be made easier.