Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could change 3 things about LOTRO, what would it be?

123457»

Comments

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

I got sick and tired of:

• inventory/ bank space issues

• time wasted with constant epic travel

• overpowered, never-ending and  virtually unstoppable mob debuffs..

Yes, yes, I understand that's part of LotRO's charm, I like things easy mode, I should go back to WoW. Gotcha. Be that as it may, that's why I stopped playing.

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by Vidir

Yo the OP, I'm not playing this game and lots of people seem to like the game just as it is so I would not change a thing:-)

Well, that's true, I'm sure there are people who love it for the way it is and more power to them.

But I'd like to add something that i noticed recently.

I play a lot of Oblivion and I'm constantly adding mods. One of the mods I added was an attempt at making Gondor and Bree.

Now, I have to admit that the Bree was, for the most part, pretty good.

but when I stood at the top of Gondor, looking at over the fields and eventual mountains I was amazed. I actually felt like I was in middle earth. I coudln't believe it.

So I went down (which took a while) and started heading toward those mountains and discovered, still in the distance, a break in the mountains and a path.

I turned around to look at Gondor and honestly, I felt immersed. It all felt right.

I've never felt that in LOTRO.

Epilogue: and then my game crashed. image

In any case there is just something about the game that doesn't, at least for my tastes, feel right. Actually, I'll correct that. Before they changed the starter tutorials the starter hobbit part, when they run into the ring wraith, felt right.

But after that I've always felt like i was in a world that seemed like middle earth but never really felt "right". But again, that's my take on it and i'm sure there are people who really feel that LOTRO is middle earth to them.

There's  a MOD for that?? Wow. I need to revist oblivion pronto.

• TyrrhonTyrrhon Member Posts: 412

The problem with evil factions is not that they are dumb weak slaves.

The problem is that you may find hillman players make great friends and players of Harad are capable in their role while the fellowship players are clueless soloers. That will break the lore.

• jdreamjdream Member UncommonPosts: 80

1.combat

make combat  faster and more fluids

2.world pvmp

like op said

3.game engine

make it smooth like wow and more accessible to average pc

• Jellyf1shJellyf1sh Member Posts: 40

For me, it would have to be:

1. Improve the graphics engine - Don't get me wrong LotRO is still a pretty game, but, is it right in this day and age to have crappy 90's era landscape textures that "ping" into modern ones as you ride along? And it's not just distant mountains doing that. Occasionally you will get these "quality divides" happening right in front of you, which really pulls you out of the moment.

2a. Expand the game sideways, not just forwards - This is something we got a lot of initially (Everdim/Forochel), but now the focus is purely on pushing forward the epic storyline, with all the new zones supporting that. Now me, I love alts, i'm a true Altaholic. What i'd like to see is a more varied progression path in the low/mid level range, not just a concetration of new high-level areas. Where are the South Farthings, Tower Hills, The Grey Havens and the rest of the Blue Mountains? (to name but a few). Surely there are countless stories that could be told if these zones were made real. With the advent of F2P and the injection of low level players to the game, surely it's time for more than just a "revamp" of the existing starter/low level areas.  I want to roam the WHOLE of Middle Earth, which brings me to....

2b. Middle Earth seems well, small - This has bugged me since beta: why does the village of Bree appear to be one of the largest settlements in Middle Earth? It's very noticable that the scale of Middle Earth has been warped like the features on a characture. Re-sizing zones is unfeasable, so again, if the developers could flesh out the low/mid level part of the game with new zones, that would do a great deal towards making Middle Earth feel just that little bit bigger.

3. A new race - I put this one in, but for the life of me, I struggle to think of a race that would fit. The last thing this game needs is a race of 'noble' Goblins or Ents running around the Shire carrying Pies! The only way I could see this working is to spilt up the "Man" race into a number sub ethnicities (ie. Men of Bree/Gondor/Rohan/Dale etc) with their own starting areas. Not new races as such then, but at least a bit of variety.

I could go on, but in the spirit of the OPs original header, I'll stop there!