Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HUXLEY IS NOT DEAD

SubzeroRaySubzeroRay Member UncommonPosts: 9

I noticed a lot of threads claiming that Huxley is dead. It is NOT dead. The developers, Webzen, bought back Huxley from ijji as they thought that it would be best for them to PUBLISH THE GAME THEMSELVES. Webzen is the new publisher for Huxley.

Comments

• idosmmoidosmmo Member UncommonPosts: 24

as much as i would like to see huxley finaly get up and running cause i really did have a great time in the frontier beta tests that info is about 6 months old and unless we see some new info pop up at some point soon i seriously doubt there will be anything new with it happening ....

but i really do hope for the best for it i hate saying the game has so much poteintial came so far then a publisher just donkey punches it to the point where its never gonna see the light o day....

so far its been the only fps/mmo that i've acually seen come close to being exactly that and hopefully we'll see something soon but i really wouldnt get hopes up at this point 

start looking at the agency should be around the same thing only centered around being a secret agent or a merc

Heres your teeth back!

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

Still waiting for this jewel to hit the market.

I've been watching for this game for quite a while... any new news is welcome, imho.

I highly doubt the game will launch in the next 3 days... so that 'upcoming releases' list on the main MMORPG.COM page may need to be tweaked a bit.  (Not just for this game, but for the others that are likely to miss their 'predicted' or 'forecasted' launch windows.)

• XaNderdasXaNderdas Member Posts: 7

Any news there? couldn't find much on webzen' site :(

• Reaper1122Reaper1122 Member Posts: 40

Originally posted by XaNderdas

Any news there? couldn't find much on webzen' site :(

Nope, just consider the U.S release dead at the moment. It's very unlikely this will be ever coming out here anytime soon. It's not even listed on Webzen's U.S site.

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

O please, don't be so naiive.

Originally posted by Gemma

O please, don't be so naiive.

Is it dead enough yet?

• krazyslothkrazysloth Member Posts: 13

How about now.... :(

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

What is Huxley?

Truthfully what I said reading the title of the thread. It will be an uphill battle if a lot of people really don't know what it is to bring it back.

Originally posted by krazysloth

How about now.... :(

But were being naive according to other poster over a year ago!

Originally posted by Purutzil

What is Huxley?

Truthfully what I said reading the title of the thread. It will be an uphill battle if a lot of people really don't know what it is to bring it back.

It was an mmofpsrpgish thing(More towards instanced side) with a main city pve, and pvp that had classes with skills such as teleport dash etc... with different guns and effects on certain weapons. It had crafting, vehicles, faction pvp that effected sales prices, bosses, It made it to closed beta then let everyone in for a bit sort of an open betaish type phase. Then it closed down with whatever the deal was between Webzen and Ijji at the time to never be heard from again basically. Was a shame since it was the first seemingly very high budget free to play game I had seen in a long time with very unique gameplay. Only a few of us made it to max level before its U.S version was basically shut down indefinitely. It had a super long history about it dating very far back before this.

• donoghudonoghu Member Posts: 1

Just to put a last news, the MMO Huxley is officially cancelled (internationnally) and dead (in Korea).

The Korean's server closed and the team stopped working on the product.

Unless a new team/company buy the product from Webzen which, from what I have seen, will cost around 12 000 000 US$ for publishing rights and not even considering the cost in development, consider the thing dead for good.