Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hmphh go figure Its Fun

ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Stayed away from this game before becuase of negative feedback , but latley ive noticed some new players , giving some good reviews of STO , so picked it dirtcheap from Steam the other day , and go figure , I am having a great time with it, Now i am only Lvl 1 Lt Com and i dont know what the future holds , but the ride has been very enjoyable so far ...

Comments

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829

I actually noticed the same thing with reviews lately... I played beta and it was horrible, then it launched and was still horrible... but it seems that the team made significant improvements to the game scince then... I went out to the store and got 2 copies and am about to re-install and patch :)

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I also stayed away due to the bad reviews, and the fact that Bill Roper was involved with the project. Recently picked it up and found it to be a lot of fun, to my surprise. Ground combat is still the game's weak point IMO, but that's getting a revamp in the near future, supposedly.

I'll be sticking with it for a little while at least.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Glad you guys found a game you enjoy.  If in a month or two you find yourself bored of STO, be sure to come back here and update this post.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Originally posted by Katilla

I actually noticed the same thing with reviews lately... I played beta and it was horrible, then it launched and was still horrible... but it seems that the team made significant improvements to the game scince then... I went out to the store and got 2 copies and am about to re-install and patch :)

I played in beta from day 1 until close. I really....And I can not stress how much, really really really really really really fu%^ing hated it. Thought the game was like Satans afterbirth, My boss gifted me a Steam cd key a few weeks ago. I also am really having fun. Don't care how long it lasts. I did not buy it. Right now, it's good fun. As the O.P stated....Go figure? And to the next the poster who says "Congratulations for enjoying such a shallow game!" My rebuttal is "What's it to you? and F%^K off!"

• SwampRobSwampRob Member UncommonPosts: 1,003

I also stayed away due to poor reviews.    About a month ago I got it cheap and quit playing after about two weeks, not even logging on to play the last half of the free month.   I love Star Trek, and I will say this game captured the look and sounds very well.    But the gameplay was just so.....ugh.    Almost everything about the rest of the game was very un-Trek-y.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I was disapointed with the launch but came back about a month ago and am also having a good time.  I really love sector space, the weekly episodes and the foundry missions.