Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible F2P TERA"clone"

2»

Comments

• SomnicideSomnicide Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Originally posted by just2duh

RaiderZ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-muixpbyFM&feature=related

Lame name, but the visuals and gameplay seem pretty similar (by no means is it an exact "clone"), it's also an open world too though. Something for us F2Per's out there to keep an eye on if TERA looks interesting.

((Edit: sigh, not so sure on the Open World.. just did some more digging and it is up for debate /sadface))

I'll say this and only this. People shouldn't start using the "TERA Clone" stuff, because TERA isn't quite unique either.

...So? WoW isnt remotely unique, and people still use the term "WoWclone".

Sup.

• romrotsromrots Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by rav3n2

Originally posted by Jimmy562

Originally posted by nblitz

Western developers are seriously lagging behind, imo. Nothing in the West that's gotten me pumped up over it :)

Nice find, OP.

Well with TOR and GW2, the west certainly isn't lagging behind. TERA and Archage are the most promising from the east but this one looks pretty good, if its instanced/staged areas then no. F2P or not those games generally are fun for a few days.

Western MMO development is definetly lagging behind at least when it comes to actual combat and character control, it seems eastern games are really putting a lot of effort into character interaction and gameplay while we are still stuck with the old select use skill, select use skill and as far as I know both TOR and GW2 have this kind of gameplay I really hope we move more towards physics interactions and procedural type character animations with a mix of hack and slash and skill usage only time will tell.

Back on topic it does look good tbh at least graphics wise, dont know about full hack and slash.

That's a load of crock. Western developers aren't hopped on ADD so when they design RPGs they actually use RPG battle systems. There are plenty of Western MMOs with more active battle systems (Fallen Earth, Global Agenda, DCOU, Firefall, Earthrise), they just don't try to pass themselves off as RPGs is all.

Eastern Devs implement the poor man's God of War batlle system in their RPGs and call it "innovation" when the rest of their game is garbage to boot.

Pass.

• skoupidiskoupidi Member UncommonPosts: 244

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Originally posted by skoupidi

Originally posted by kdchan

The only thing i like from this game that Tera missed is the WASD movements, strafe and walkback. :)

WAIT WAIT WAIT WHAT??????

how does TERA move? ESDF? lolll

No, it moves with WASD as any other game.

EDIT: I think he meant that he cant move backwards with S.There is no backwards or sidewalk movement,the character turns to the direction you want.

so its only w? whaaaaaa

You didn't get it..The camera doesnt turn when u press wasd.The character turns to the direction u chose.

• Originally posted by skoupidi

The only thing i like from this game that Tera missed is the WASD movements, strafe and walkback. :)

EDIT: I think he meant that he cant move backwards with S.There is no backwards or sidewalk movement,the character turns to the direction you want.

Yes, i was meaning that Tera missed the strafe and walkback. :)

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

so its only w? whaaaaaa

You didn't get it..The camera doesnt turn when u press wasd.The character turns to the direction u chose.

I have to be honest. I only noticed this after I read it on the forums a while ago haha.

It just make sense, the way my character moves. Given how the gameplay is laid out. It felt logical, if I'm explaining myself properly.

So if someone thinks they can complain about the game not having "strafe" or "backpedalling" I can say I don't get it and see how it could've been implemented differently.

If my character strafed/backpedalled instead at the same speed as in the other games I have played then they would get spanked constantly.

If they increased the speed just so you can avoid the damage, while still strafing/backpedalling, I'm picturing how weird it would look.

Maybe if they took bigger steps...hmm...

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Originally posted by nblitz

so its only w? whaaaaaa

I have to be honest. I only noticed this after I read it on the forums a while ago haha.

It just make sense, the way my character moves. Given how the gameplay is laid out. It felt logical, if I'm explaining myself properly.

So if someone thinks they can complain about the game not having "strafe" or "backpedalling" I can say I don't get it and see how it could've been implemented differently.

If my character strafed/backpedalled instead at the same speed as in the other games I have played then they would get spanked constantly.

If they increased the speed just so you can avoid the damage, while still strafing/backpedalling, I'm picturing how weird it would look.

Maybe if they took bigger steps...hmm...

if you mean that in tera from what I saw you can strafe walk back dodge, but skills you need to use the hotkeys to use then and the camera is bound on your maouse, if you played loco it should work like that I guess.

and raiderz you also aim for certain monster parts, like if you aim on his tail and you break it it can't attack you using his tail anymore, plus you can get some especific item related to that body part so you can craft a better equip later, at least is that what maiet promised of raiderz

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • orpiorpi Member UncommonPosts: 2

cant be TERA clone bcz RaiderZ come out first than TERA so TERA its a RaiderZ clone

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

First there was Monster Hunter then Hunters Blade(MH Clone) Then Raiderz (Hunters Blade Clone) Now TERA(RaiderZ clone) except only one of them is a real clone. 

Raiderz Is more like Gunz vrs boses gone medieval with open world. 

TERA is more like WoW with real time action battles. 

Yeah thou RaiderZ has been in the works forever and the only reason it didnt come out 2 years ago is because the gunz people have been working on a glitch proof game like GunZ:2 Turns out your not supposed to be able to fly up walls and kill everything in 2 hits with a shotgun, who knew?

• orpiorpi Member UncommonPosts: 2

Originally posted by Weretigar

First there was Monster Hunter then Hunters Blade(MH Clone) Then Raiderz (Hunters Blade Clone) Now TERA(RaiderZ clone) except only one of them is a real clone. 

Raiderz Is more like Gunz vrs boses gone medieval with open world. 

TERA is more like WoW with real time action battles. 

Yeah thou RaiderZ has been in the works forever and the only reason it didnt come out 2 years ago is because the gunz people have been working on a glitch proof game like GunZ:2 Turns out your not supposed to be able to fly up walls and kill everything in 2 hits with a shotgun, who knew?

the shit that u call Hunter Blade i play the beta and its a fkn instanced game with too bad graphics u cant compare RaiderZ with that shit bcz RaiderZ its open world like Tera and Hunter Blade its instanced, like vindictus, dragon nest etc...

RaiderZ uses the same engine that Gunz, but both are too different games, same like TERA that uses the same engine that Unreal Tournament 3.

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

That looks like an Monster hunter clone but not even good dunno what this has to do with TERA.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Doesn't really matter if its instanced or open world.It really looks fun and its f2p.But is it releasing in EU/NA or just Korea?

PWI will publish it for NA, and I thought gpotato for EU. In both cases we'll see Pay2Win cashshop in-game :(

• presidentnegpresidentneg Member Posts: 19

fine chaps