Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A surprising occurance

marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

I ran a Deadmines Heroic with my son and another guildmember today, after picking up a pug tank and healer.

We took over 90 minutes to run it, and I must say it was one of the most fun gaming experiences I've had in my long years of gaming.

The key to it was the people, the tank and healer had a sense of humour similar to ours and like someone said "rather than get pissed at deaths, we pissed ourselves laughing at them".

Case in point, my reflexes are shocking, and on the last boss (Ms Van Clef) I simply could not click on the rope to save myself, so I jumped off the boat to save myself, accidently resetting the entire fight. Rather than cause tantrums, that had people in fits of laughter, myself included.

The point of my story is this, there is too much focus on how good the game is on this site when often its not the game thats the issue, its more often than not the people. With a good group, anything can be fun.

So ends my tale.

cheers

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

The key to almost all good MMO experiences is the right people. :)

• ShadinShadin Member CommonPosts: 294

Originally posted by marcust

I ran a Deadmines Heroic with my son and another guildmember today, after picking up a pug tank and healer.

We took over 90 minutes to run it, and I must say it was one of the most fun gaming experiences I've had in my long years of gaming.

The key to it was the people, the tank and healer had a sense of humour similar to ours and like someone said "rather than get pissed at deaths, we pissed ourselves laughing at them".

Case in point, my reflexes are shocking, and on the last boss (Ms Van Clef) I simply could not click on the rope to save myself, so I jumped off the boat to save myself, accidently resetting the entire fight. Rather than cause tantrums, that had people in fits of laughter, myself included.

The point of my story is this, there is too much focus on how good the game is on this site when often its not the game thats the issue, its more often than not the people. With a good group, anything can be fun.

So ends my tale.

cheers

Good to hear you found such a group! And I agree, especially in the case of WoW (imo), the people you play with can make a world of difference.

Unfortunately, such groups as the one you were in are few and far between in my experience and that's probably the biggest reason I've left WoW..

I wish you luck in finding more such groups and people however, unless your guild is already like that! It's always nice to hear about what good games bring about, be it WoW or any other game. :)

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

Yea my guild mates and I had laughing riots in the Twilight Highlands dungeon. We could not kill the first boss for the life of us so eventually we started trying crazy tactics. Eventually we got him, three bathroom trips later....

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

With a good group, anything can be fun.

I could not agree more.  When Anarchy Online first started it was a disaster.  However the groups I was in took in all in stride.

We would laugh at the bugs and other problems.  We had a blast.  I really think we have lost something with all this crap of throwing a fit if the group wipes, gear score, and "We won't let you go with us because you have never done this place before"  Makes you wonder how they did it without some one letting them in their first time.

Oh well seems to me that knowing you are always going to win would make for a very dull game.