Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So now you can exploit your professions to the level cap. I got an idea. Lets kill these bots and ex

Man this is just dumb. I thought it was just bots failing to loot the resources but its an actual exploit! So I usually just moved on and lmao, but its an exploit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbW2QChZ4Fc check that out.

If you see anyone circling ores or herbs and not looting them, gank them. Make them pay. It is not a failbot. It is some noob raising his stuff.

Comments

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

I love how people take a simple exploit and make it sound like it's the end of the world as we know it. 

Let's examine how "terrible" this really is.

1)  It only effects 2 professions, mining and Herablism.  I'm assuming that Herbalism is effected, not really sure, it might only be mining.

2)  You cannot level up to level cap with this exploit as you'll soon find out that looting the same nodes over and over won't raise your level, you'll quickly have to move onto to a new area to continue to level up and find all new nodes.

3)  It takes looting 6 nodes for the exploit to really matter at all.  The first 6 nodes, nothing has changed at all, in fact which is the really more important thing here, your skill level or the loot taken from these nodes? 

4)  The guy in the vides is mistaken about the effect on the economy.  How does NOT looting nodes change the economy?  That's a completely ridiculous notion.  Only when you actually loot the node and put the loot on the AH is the economy impacted.

So all this really does is allow a few folks to level up 1 and maybe 2 gathering professions "slightly" faster than you really should be able to.  And this is something we should worry about?  Like leveling up gathering professions is difficult anyway?   I got news for you, if  you are having trouble leveling up your gathering profession, you are doing something wrong.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Originally posted by Pappy13

I love how people take a simple exploit and make it sound like it's the end of the world as we know it. 

1)  It only effects 2 professions, mining and Herablism.  I'm assuming that Herbalism is effected, not really sure, it might only be mining.

2)  You cannot level up to level cap with this exploit as you'll soon find out that looting the same nodes over and over won't raise your level, you'll quickly have to move onto to a new area to continue to level up and find all new nodes.

3)  It takes looting 6 nodes for the exploit to really matter at all.  The first 6 nodes, nothing has changed at all, in fact which is the really more important thing here, your skill level or the loot taken from these nodes? 

4)  The guy in the vides is mistaken about the effect on the economy.  How does NOT looting nodes change the economy?  That's a completely ridiculous notion.  Only when you actually loot the node and put the loot on the AH is the economy impacted.

So all this really does is allow a few folks to level up 1 and maybe 2 gathering professions "slightly" faster than you really should be able to.  And this is something we should worry about?  Like leveling up gathering professions is difficult anyway?   I got news for you, if  you are having trouble leveling up your gathering profession, you are doing something wrong.

Not looting nodes affects the economy exactly how the OP described in his video.  If people do not collect the content of lower level nodes there will be less supply of lower level resources and thus a higher price.  Also the more people that max a gathering profession the less demand and higher supply for higher level resources therefore a lower price.  Is this bug going to destroy WoW?  No.  Does it need to be at the top of their bug fix list?  Probably not.  Should it be fixed?  Yeah.  Whether it's easy to level gathering normally or not, cheating is cheating and should be acted against as soon as possible.

Steam: Neph

• stonedwowerstonedwower Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Pappy13

Dude I am so high right now and even i understood what he was talking about.

It works on all three: mine+herb+skin.

If no one loots the low level ores, they will sell for more. Check low level ore prices on your server. On mine its getting pretty bad. High level ores sell for jack because everyone can mine them and low level stuff sells for a lot because people bypass it with exploit.

The higher your skill, the better ore you can mine. You dont have to search for ore. just find a spot with a few nodes and go between them. Have a friend or two follow you doing the same thing. You will all get the skill up.

Dude I just killed two fudgers doing this man. This Tauren was mining, followed by another one. They dinged same nodes over and over, and kept repeating their routine.

I just came down and BLAM they dead!

Thats what we should all do. No more exploiters!

Originally posted by Nephaerius

Not looting nodes affects the economy exactly how the OP described in his video.  If people do not collect the content of lower level nodes there will be less supply of lower level resources and thus a higher price.  Also the more people that max a gathering profession the less demand and higher supply for higher level resources therefore a lower price.  Is this bug going to destroy WoW?  No.  Does it need to be at the top of their bug fix list?  Probably not.  Should it be fixed?  Yeah.  Whether it's easy to level gathering normally or not, cheating is cheating and should be acted against as soon as possible.

Fair enough, but that assumes that there's actually a market for low level resources like copper ore in the first place.  I don't agree that it will flood the market with higher level ores.  No matter how you get to the level required to be able to mine the resources you still have to go out and actually mine those resources for profit.  Assuming that this is gonna increase the number of people that are doing that is a stretch in my humble opinion.  If there is an impact to the economy it's gonna be negligible.

I agree that It should be fixed.  How quickly it needs to be fixed is another question.  It's one thing to make a video to show that it's possible to exploit the system.  It's another thing entirely to extrapolate that exploit to the point that it's effecting the economy.  I don't think that's been shown or proven.

Originally posted by stonedwower

Dude I am so high right now and even i understood what he was talking about.

It works on all three: mine+herb+skin.

If no one loots the low level ores, they will sell for more. Check low level ore prices on your server. On mine its getting pretty bad. High level ores sell for jack because everyone can mine them and low level stuff sells for a lot because people bypass it with exploit.

The higher your skill, the better ore you can mine. You dont have to search for ore. just find a spot with a few nodes and go between them. Have a friend or two follow you doing the same thing. You will all get the skill up.

Dude I just killed two fudgers doing this man. This Tauren was mining, followed by another one. They dinged same nodes over and over, and kept repeating their routine.

I just came down and BLAM they dead!

Thats what we should all do. No more exploiter!

Well since you are taking care of the problem, there's nothing for me to worry about.

But seriously, they are NOT taking the ore, just leveling up their skill.  They have to actually go back and loot the nodes to put the loot on the AH and they can't follow each other around and do that.  There's no exploit for that, only for getting your skill level up to that point in the first place.  So instead of taking like 4 hours to do that, it takes 1.  I don't really see that as a huge problem.

• grouchomarxgrouchomarx Member Posts: 19

I don't see any exploit.  I see him flying to nodes and getting skillups for mining ore.  If anything, if you have a 380% flying mount, leveling up herbialism/mining is so trivial anyways now that you can fly everywhere: who cares if it doesn't remember if you already mined X, Y or Z node?

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

skilling up a profession is absurdly easy.  Below lvl 450, there are just so many nodes everywhere.  I quested a pally through felwood and got like 100pts of herbalism in that one zone and never even had to farm, I just grabbed what was near my questing path.

In order to do this and affect the economy, it would take a large number of people doing it at the same time in multiple zones.

Meh, it is about as effective at being disruptive now as parking your drake overtop of a mailbox in Ogrimmar.

• J.YossarianJ.Yossarian Member Posts: 128

So this is an exploit allowing you to skill up a gathering profession without getting all that pesky gold you can earn doing so?

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I am pretty sure it will be fixed soon!

Btw, do you get experience from leveling up your profession?

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

You get XP by gathering ore and herbs. I do not know if this exploit makes you get extra xp as well as skill up.

Skinning and crafting do not get any xp gains. (the xp gain for skinning is supposed to be the creature you kill, but a single node of ore or a single herb node gives much more than killing one creature... then again, you need many many skins to level up leather working :))

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I don't see any thing game breaking about this "exploit" at all.

Ruins the economy. Kay. What happens if they pick up the ore and just merch it?