Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie armour quests on Fippy/Vulak

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

I noticed that the the casters in Felwithe get the dialogue and the kit hooray an extra bag but my Necromancer cannot find the chap in East Feeport he does not even exist because I presume he was an NPC that was put in for the newbie armor quest while the one in Felwithe was an existing NPC. Do the quests work ? I have not been able to actually collect the ingredients to try . Have been terribly busy and not had much time to play still am only level 2. Can anyone confirm.

Chamber of Chains

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

if it wasnt in eq1-1 it was prob deactivated!and will be unlocked when it was made avail in the proper expension!

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Odd though that fellow in Felwithe is giving the quests and the kit. Should report it I guess but not until I get the kit on every toon I make there image even a little helps I am so dead broke .

Meanwhile I had forgotten how harsh this world is to Necromancers. I made one in Freeport yah yah I know not a dark elf well I zone in from East to West Freeport and this gnome murders me in 3 seconds flat before I even got the words  help out !! God how I missed this game.

Chamber of Chains
  • BustilloBustillo Member Posts: 8

The newbie armor quests do not work and the learning curve on tradeskills like smithing is as brutal as ever. I wasted 10 plat  gaining just like 4 skill points last night before realizing the futility of what I was doing. I had been hoping to make banded but it is just insanely hard to level up skills.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Originally posted by Bustillo

The newbie armor quests do not work and the learning curve on tradeskills like smithing is as brutal as ever. I wasted 10 plat  gaining just like 4 skill points last night before realizing the futility of what I was doing. I had been hoping to make banded but it is just insanely hard to level up skills.

G/f and I are taking tradeskill slow.  With a new start like this, you don't want to burn your money buying materials that you can farm.  Best way to do crafting with a brand new server is by spending some time to farm the items you need.  That way you save the cost of the combines.  And only combine what you can get yourself, so you can actually make a profit making things.

People do buy the lowest of lowbie armor, even if it's just for some AC gains.  So you can probably sell something to players for more than what npc vendors give you.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• BustilloBustillo Member Posts: 8

Oh I am nowhere close to being able to make banded. I am estimating it would take 100pp based on my current experiences. You would need a guild to get together and really pump money to one guy to get him up to over 100 skills fast. It's hopeless otherwise IMO. By the time I actually have the money from playing I will be able to get stuff like bronze armor with similar stats.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

I saw people selling one pp one ac right now for banded, probably cheaper to buy it. Those silver jasper rings and other silver jewellery going for 3 pp.

Chamber of Chains
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

crafting in eq ?wow epic mmo gaming!i wonder how many made it to the last piece of end game crafting!there is probably a title for it!