Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible F2P TERA"clone"

just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

RaiderZ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-muixpbyFM&feature=related

Lame name, but the visuals and gameplay seem pretty similar (by no means is it an exact "clone"), it's also an open world too though. Something for us F2Per's out there to keep an eye on if TERA looks interesting.

((Edit: sigh, not so sure on the Open World.. just did some more digging and it is up for debate /sadface))

Comments

• skoupidiskoupidi Member UncommonPosts: 244

Doesn't really matter if its instanced or open world.It really looks fun and its f2p.But is it releasing in EU/NA or just Korea?

• GeowashGeowash Member Posts: 372

So thiiiis is what the developers of Gunz were working on all this time... definatly looking forward to it just because it has there developers.

• SomnicideSomnicide Member Posts: 67

Actually looks much more like monster hunter than TERA. Not graphically pretty enough and not enough boobs to be TERA.

Sup.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I would say more in the way of monster hunter.  They were at G*Star 2010 and had a demo running.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Yeah my posting was a bit premature, was an exciting random find lol.

The only reason I thought TERA was it's gameplay within an open world. But since I can't seem to find a straight answer on weither it is or not that is anyones guess. So it seems a little more like Vindictus if it is actually instanced/stage based.

It's in Beta testing in Korean as we speak, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be ported over to NA/EU eventually, looks like a solid game (see where the dude gets eatten?! awesome).

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Western developers are seriously lagging behind, imo. Nothing in the West that's gotten me pumped up over it :)

Nice find, OP.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Originally posted by nblitz

Western developers are seriously lagging behind, imo. Nothing in the West that's gotten me pumped up over it :)

Nice find, OP.

Well with TOR and GW2, the west certainly isn't lagging behind. TERA and Archage are the most promising from the east but this one looks pretty good, if its instanced/staged areas then no. F2P or not those games generally are fun for a few days.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Originally posted by Jimmy562

Nice find, OP.

Well with TOR and GW2, the west certainly isn't lagging behind. TERA and Archage are the most promising from the east but this one looks pretty good, if its instanced/staged areas then no. F2P or not those games generally are fun for a few days.

Western MMO development is definetly lagging behind at least when it comes to actual combat and character control, it seems eastern games are really putting a lot of effort into character interaction and gameplay while we are still stuck with the old select use skill, select use skill and as far as I know both TOR and GW2 have this kind of gameplay I really hope we move more towards physics interactions and procedural type character animations with a mix of hack and slash and skill usage only time will tell.

Back on topic it does look good tbh at least graphics wise, dont know about full hack and slash.

• SfaliaraSfaliara Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by Geowash

So thiiiis is what the developers of Gunz were working on all this time... definatly looking forward to it just because it has there developers.

Well, not really, they are working on Gunz 2 ^^

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

Originally posted by rav3n2

Nice find, OP.

Western MMO development is definetly lagging behind at least when it comes to actual combat and character control, it seems eastern games are really putting a lot of effort into character interaction and gameplay while we are still stuck with the old select use skill, select use skill and as far as I know both TOR and GW2 have this kind of gameplay I really hope we move more towards physics interactions and procedural type character animations with a mix of hack and slash and skill usage only time will tell.

Back on topic it does look good tbh at least graphics wise, dont know about full hack and slash.

So far not even TERA can hold a candle to the combat in DCUO.  Take that for what you will.  

Game looks interesting enough to give it a shot for a few days.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Originally posted by just2duh

RaiderZ:

Lame name, but the visuals and gameplay seem pretty similar (by no means is it an exact "clone"), it's also an open world too though. Something for us F2Per's out there to keep an eye on if TERA looks interesting.

((Edit: sigh, not so sure on the Open World.. just did some more digging and it is up for debate /sadface))

from what I read it is open world, but like mentioned before is more like monster hunter then tera, you need to get monster parts to make equips, quests only give xp (maybe some money) and some monster only show up after you do something to make it spawn(be it by kill time).

and btw maiet was working on GunZ 2 too it is in CB in korea I guess raiderz will take a litle more time though

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • CrynswindCrynswind Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Nice find, OP.

So far not even TERA can hold a candle to the combat in DCUO.  Take that for what you will.  

LMFAO

The combat in DCUO is a lie,you don't have to aim!

it's just another button masher with auto aim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebr10PbUXCs

Originally posted by Crynswind

Nice find, OP.

LMFAO

You don't have auto aim,  you can target lock, but you have to manually change your camera angle to target opponents.  You can also target non animate objects like barrels to create effects to enemies around them.

The physics system is unlike anything I've played in an MMO before.  The combo system is miles above TERAs 3 or so same skills each class uses.   If you consider DCUO a button masher,  you're obviously doing it wrong.  Regardless,  in DCUO you have a lot more skills and interactions whereas in TERA you have relatively few.

Please research what you're talking about and compare the two systems together,  the combat in DCUO is much faster paced and the reaction and interactions are much more complex then anything I've seen of tera.

• CrynswindCrynswind Member Posts: 290

Nice find, OP.

LMFAO

You don't have auto aim,  you can target lock, but you have to manually change your camera angle to target opponents.

Exactly.

The combat in DC is not miles away,in fact,is worse in everyway.

Tera doesnt have 3 skills,you clearly have no idea about the game.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Nice find, OP.

LMFAO

You don't have auto aim,  you can target lock, but you have to manually change your camera angle to target opponents.  You can also target non animate objects like barrels to create effects to enemies around them.

The physics system is unlike anything I've played in an MMO before.  The combo system is miles above TERAs 3 or so same skills each class uses.   If you consider DCUO a button masher,  you're obviously doing it wrong.  Regardless,  in DCUO you have a lot more skills and interactions whereas in TERA you have relatively few.

Please research what you're talking about and compare the two systems together,  the combat in DCUO is much faster paced and the reaction and interactions are much more complex then anything I've seen of tera.

so pretty much what rift, D&D, tera, and all the dota copy this out there?

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

DCUO is an action game first,  and it plays like one,  the movement is much more fluid, and the combos require on the fly active and reactive abilities whereas TERA looks mostly like active abilities and much less reactive.   You see players just whacking away here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McbP-ElWAOE

Which is more akin to PSU in the way the flow of combat is,  just you have cool down times in TERA.  I'm not saying the combat isn't fun or anything,  but DCUO is a western game that does combat in a way that hasn't been done in an MMO before, and it puts emphasis on skill and putting together a good build.  

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

DCUO is an action game first,  and it plays like one,  the movement is much more fluid, and the combos require on the fly active and reactive abilities whereas TERA looks mostly like active abilities and much less reactive.   You see players just whacking away here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McbP-ElWAOE

Which is more akin to PSU in the way the flow of combat is,  just you have cool down times in TERA.  I'm not saying the combat isn't fun or anything,  but DCUO is a western game that does combat in a way that hasn't been done in an MMO before, and it puts emphasis on skill and putting together a good build.  

hehe are you serious bro.

But regardless of opinions,  everyone is getting off-topic here.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• KaledusKaledus Member Posts: 73

I already did some digging of my own a long while back and from what I can tell, it will most likely not be open world. There actually two major hints at this. First take a look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDIUxYG94Yw&feature=related

The video I posted shows about like 8 players all running towards a zone, and in the next zone, only the members who are paired up with the one recording show up in the next zone. Also when they approach the group of NPCs, they are all waiting to jump into a fight. A scene also takes place where a rock type creature breaks through the gates while players are closing in on it. This is something that is almost impossible to implement on an open world scale unless everything is somehow done client side. At that point though, it would just be better to make seperate instances.

Also as to the other hint, there is an article I ran into listed below where the original intentions of the creators of Gunz, Maiet, wanted to turn the Gunz questing system into a game of its own.

http://steparu.com/latest-news/516-raiderz-online-pr

For those who have never played Gunz, it is an fps game where you could play on servers maxed to so many players like in other fps games. This included quests as well. It was a great game by the way.

I feel that this game will be a lot of fun for being free, and the really great thing that would easily set this aside from Monster Hunter is the depth of the bosses which have the ability to interact with your characters through tons of grabbing/throwing/eating (yes.. one of them can actually eat you.. xD) attacks. Also there are like over 350 skills to obtain which means plenty to keep yourself happy with despite the lack of a class system.

Need I say more? :)

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Originally posted by just2duh

RaiderZ:

I'll say this and only this. People shouldn't start using the "TERA Clone" stuff, because TERA isn't quite unique either.

• project8sixproject8six Member Posts: 271

looks cool. for those of us in the US that can't play Monster hunter online this may be a nice sub.

die. <3

• The only thing i like from this game that Tera missed is the WASD movements, strafe and walkback. :)

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

Yes it does look like a poor cousin of it. The details in Tera are better and the color way more vibrant but the combat looks a lot similar. So you think it is not persistant ?

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by kdchan

The only thing i like from this game that Tera missed is the WASD movements, strafe and walkback. :)

WAIT WAIT WAIT WHAT??????

how does TERA move? ESDF? lolll

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• skoupidiskoupidi Member UncommonPosts: 244

Originally posted by xKingdomx

The only thing i like from this game that Tera missed is the WASD movements, strafe and walkback. :)

No, it moves with WASD as any other game.

EDIT: I think he meant that he cant move backwards with S.There is no backwards or sidewalk movement,the character turns to the direction you want.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by skoupidi

Originally posted by xKingdomx

No, it moves with WASD as any other game.

EDIT: I think he meant that he cant move backwards with S.There is no backwards or sidewalk movement,the character turns to the direction you want.

so its only w? whaaaaaa

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.