Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you've been debating playing FFXI.

Comments

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

I'm all for this idea, my xfire is ravikfb

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• DocEllis611DocEllis611 Member Posts: 86

Wow, you guys really got a lot of support. I am interested in coming back. I only got to about level 20 when I played before, but I had no hep from friends. You guys have a linkshell yet? Are we going to try to start in the same nation?

• whiplash865whiplash865 Member UncommonPosts: 21

So far, the exp rate has been great so i have no need to powerlevel, feels good to back in Vanadiel once again. Glad to have so many other people coming along!

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

Linkshell = Reformation

To get a pearl, send a tell to myself (Azmyth), Denos, or Craine. In game. Some of us are in game right now.

Glad to have you all.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

What nation are most of you starting in?

alot of us are from Sandy, we have one that I know of thats from Bastok.

Currently playing:

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

I would love to join. I have always wanted to try FFIX. Too bad FF has IP restrictions.  It doesn't show on my steam shop.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

Im completely new to this game.. once it finished downloading aside from server is there anything else i need to know.  Like what to join and such?

Most people in this thread are joining the nation San d'Oria. You should join there too if you want to be able to do the same missions. But it's not a big deal.

Since San d'Oria is an Elvaan nation, you get a little bonus ring or something for joining as an Elvaan. But again, it's insignificant; not a big deal. Have fun! I hope to join you guys tomorrow night!

most of us are from Sandoria. So that might be a good starting city. we don't mind if you choose the others, but it just makes it easier to plan events because each city has different missions. Ideally we'd eventually have enough people to do any of them.. but for now most of us are from sandy.

Currently playing:

• DrumsDrums Member Posts: 32

Final Fantasy XI is my favorite game ever, and a fresh start sounds mighty fine.  I'm reinstalling and will join you if you'll have me.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

Just curious - did the formation of this LS have anything to do with the LS that Warzod started a little while back for this same purpose? I'm asking because his new/returning player project was also on the Titan server. Unfortunately, that's the exact reason I decided not to start again.

I'd really love to take part in a LS like this and play the game the way it's meant to be played, but the low population on Titan makes it a difficult choice. Still really considering it though.

• Luv_bugLuv_bug Member Posts: 120

I find it strange I hadn't even thought about this game in years until about an hour and a half ago as I was going through a list of free trials on another website and was about to download it til i thought it would probably be empty, so I mess around surfin a bit and decide to come here, and this is the first thread I see and it seems the people posting are the kind of players I usually enjoy playing with. Hmmm. Think I'll go download that trial and see what this is all about.

• Darb420Darb420 Member Posts: 34

i was thinking of maybe reactivating my content ID... if i still can. Got my Blue mage pretty up there. Too bad you guys are on a different server. Im on Asura or pandora or something. There was a server merge a while back.

If i can't get my ID i might be willing to reroll on your server, maybe xffer if they have it (if i have my content ID).

The game is a real blast if the style suits you. You have a long journey ahead!

I'm not sure about the population but I've seen tons of "?"'s in Ronfaure tonight. I know that the lower level areas aren't gonna be as populated now, but the few of us who were on tonight were having a blast killing rabbits and reminiscing about the days of old. The more the merrier. The more people we can get, the easier it will be to get classic content groups going.

I'll be in game for a good bit tomorrow during the day and then later in the evening. Starting monday, I'll be at least logged into the game ALL day long, even if i am not actively playing (new job allows me to do so.)

Currently playing:

• whiplash865whiplash865 Member UncommonPosts: 21

We have all been having a blast so far. While the server pop may not be what it used to be, the server is still alive with plenty adventurers running around so you definitely won't feel lonely. For all you new people deciding to start up with us, if you're going to be starting in San d'Oria I'll be available to assist you starting out if you need it, I can run you around the city and show you the ropes. Just send me a tell or find me in the LS ign: Ferius. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Anybody want to start in Windurst?

I am a full-time student and work full-time, so I can only play nights. Becuae of that, I probably won't progress at the same rate as a lot of you. But if anybody wants to join in Windurst, we can do missions together or help eachother out with missions in the future.

Yes, Windurst is incredibly far from the other two starting areas, but it only matters early on in the game.

Let me know, I'm going to start tonight.

• CernanCernan Member UncommonPosts: 360

I think I'll start a fresh account today to join you guys.  I played FFXI at launch for a few months.  I had a WHM, but remember very little.  So everything will be new to me.  I'll try to review some classes today to see how I want to start.

I'm in game right now.

name is azmyth.. titan.. send me a tell to get a pearl.

Currently playing:

• TraptlockTraptlock Member Posts: 6

Wow, it's amazing how many people are gonna return to FFXI.  I've been playing XIV and I really hate it and all it has done is made me miss XI.  I'm gonna reopen  my account this morning and join you guys.  I'm not familiar with the Sandy area due to the fact I always started in Windy.  It's been a while since I've played so if someone wouldn't mind showing me the "ropes" around Sandy it would be greatly appreciated.  Azmyth, I will send you a tell or the previous mentioned players for an LS invite.

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

I'm so excited! FFXI was my first MMO I played years ago and have often deliberated about going back. FFXI is a group centered leveling system and didn't know if the population could give me the opportunity to group up and level.

I am going to follow the lead and roll san d'oria, titan server. What classes do you need? 

Originally posted by Inktomi

I'm so excited! FFXI was my first MMO I played years ago and have often deliberated about going back. FFXI is a group centered leveling system and didn't know if the population could give me the opportunity to group up and level.

I am going to follow the lead and roll san d'oria, titan server. What classes do you need? 

Yeah what's a recommended class for a noobie that you also need to help round out the group.  Currently patching... 10+gb downloads take forever at my school.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

This is such a good idea >_< I've never really gotten into FF11 but this tempts me. It comes at such a bad time though, college approaching finals and being gone a week in March (PAX Boston, woo!).

Is FF11 the kind of game where you have incentive to help out people lower than you? If so, I might pick this up and join you guys without worrying about being outleveled because of studies/away time.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

This is such a good idea >_< I've never really gotten into FF11 but this tempts me. It comes at such a bad time though, college approaching finals and being gone a week in March (PAX Boston, woo!).

Is FF11 the kind of game where you have incentive to help out people lower than you? If so, I might pick this up and join you guys without worrying about being outleveled because of studies/away time.

if you buy it through steam its currently $4.99 until the end of the week i believe and its $7.50 on direct2drive.  For $4.99 if you decide not to play it its not much of a loss.  I say its worth the risk.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Perhaps, but it would still be a waste of time if you don't have the ability to level with people. I dont play FF11 but I do read up on it, and my biggest concern is Abyssea. That's the main reason I've avoided it. Supposedly all the other areas in the game are empty because all the high levels are too busy grinding Abyssea and the low levels tag along opening chests to get power-leveled. If I were to join a group and we're doing things together, and I get into the game, it would be disappointing to go away for a week and come back seeing I have no one to play with anymore, and will be forced into Abyssea because that's where everyone is now.

Is that a legitimate fear or are people just exaggerating the negative impact Abyssea has had on the game?

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."