Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2nd day of EQ1 having a blast a few questions

momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

I have never played EQ, till now... I played EQ2 for a few years though... my question is this... is there a better custom made UI for EQ1, if so, what would you vets suggest? Also is there something similar like eq2maps, for EQ1

Thanks

Comments

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

Originally posted by momodig

I have never played EQ, till now... I played EQ2 for a few years though... my question is this... is there a better custom made UI for EQ1, if so, what would you vets suggest? Also is there something similar like eq2maps, for EQ1

Thanks

sorry this is off topic, but i have never played eq either but have played eq2.  How do they compare.  I'm thinking of starting eq.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Vert Mod is a popular custom UI you can try.  The author did a great job keeping it updated and current.

For maps you want to download the map packs from mapfiend.net.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Are you playing on the timelocked progression server of Everquest ?

Chamber of Chains
  • momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

Yes I'm playing the time locked prog server... I need to run out and do some errands, when I return I'll post in more detail about eq2 compares to eq1 :)

with those mappacks do I need a program to run them or how do I install them? thanks

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

with those mappacks do I need a program to run them or how do I install them? thanks

Map packs you simply unzip them all into your Everquest maps directory.  So find out where your Everquest installation is, there's a folder called maps under it.  Unzip the map pack files into the maps folder.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• MrkuikenMrkuiken Member UncommonPosts: 33

EQinterface for the UI.

You can get a compleet  UI or just Parts of a UI you want to change.

However i must warn you with Custom Ui's.

They will break when a Patch comes out that has UI elementals. And you have to wait then on the person who made the UI to update it with out crashing in game, or stuff not working. or when new Epacs comes out you wont see new stuff added to those UI's(if there are any) till the person updates the UI

If you know xml you can fix stuff your self by looking in the Logerrors of eq.

Or make your own UI's like i did for eq.(in xml)

Or like some do just Update some parts of a UI.

Like useing the Default UI of EQ and just add parts of a custom ui like the Groupwindow or target window  etc.

That way Breaking the UI with a patch will be very low.(ofcourse it will increase with the number of parts you actly add to the UI)

• MrkuikenMrkuiken Member UncommonPosts: 33

Originally posted by Mardy

Map packs you simply unzip them all into your Everquest maps directory.  So find out where your Everquest installation is, there's a folder called maps under it.  Unzip the map pack files into the maps folder.

Make sure you logged out of game though, becaurse the map of your current location wont update. simply zoning wont help.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

If you are using win7 it will be under users public/SOE/Installed games  the Everquest folder. 

Chamber of Chains