Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do we know about the end game?

Comments

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

If you look at some of the footage from 2 years ago it is clear they were at one time planning raids that were hardly anything but zerg fests. If you skip to the end of this video you can see 5 or 6 lancers lining up to form a wall while sorcerors tossed fireballs over the tanks. It seems like a lot coordination would be required too execute this raid properly. I hope they manage to put it back in the game at some later release.

• As i said before, for what we know atm, end game content will be mainly the political system with clan warfare, bg, pvp, raids, and territory control.
    But when they unlock the last 10 levels in K Tera and full end game content we will have surely more info about this system and how it work in detail. Just be patient.

• skoupidiskoupidi Member UncommonPosts: 244

Originally posted by judex99

No raid content is less content no matter what you guys say, an end game without raids is like a cake without icing.

I laughed so hard while reading this one.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

No raid content is less content no matter what you guys say, an end game without raids is like a cake without icing.

Only for those who actually enjoy waiting for Thomas to get back from afk again raiding.
  • judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Originally posted by DarkPony

Only for those who actually enjoy waiting for Thomas to get back from afk again raiding.

And after that all we can rant about Thomas in the guild forums... how can you say thats not fun? :)

Seriously, less content is less no matter how blind some people are on this forums or any others, if tomorrow a company removes group content from a MMO im sure some crazy people will agree too... so maybe you think is ok to remove group content too because someone can go afk and the rest of the group should wait for him?

I just feel the game lacking in the end game part, we will see how it is when gets released here, but they should think twice about this, and to be honest, i think they will.

And after that all we can rant about Thomas in the guild forums... how can you say thats not fun? :)

Seriously, less content is less no matter how blind some people are on this forums or any others, if tomorrow a company removes group content from a MMO im sure some crazy people will agree too... so maybe you think is ok to remove group content too because someone can go afk and the rest of the group should wait for him?

I just feel the game lacking in the end game part, we will see how it is when gets released here, but they should think twice about this, and to be honest, i think they will.

Dude wake up! Its not like the remove raids and dont add anything at all.Just raids get replaced with 5man dungeons.I cant see why pve endgame has to include raiding to be viable.Go play rift allready and leave tera alone.

• tub0rgtub0rg Member Posts: 110

Originally posted by skoupidi

Dude wake up! Its not like the remove raids and dont add anything at all.Just raids get replaced with 5man dungeons.I cant see why pve endgame has to include raiding to be viable.Go play rift allready and leave tera alone.

If they would truly release a new group dungeon about every 2 months to keep pve players happy I could see it work. But I highly doubt they will, alone from the development stand point this would be hard to keep up while maintaining quality.

And ultimately why shouldn’t they release 10 or 15  man raid dungeons, which would feel a lot more epic, and because they are harder to organize the content will last longer, giving the development team more time to create more content so people won’t get bored.

I mean the argument it’s not about the single player if you have 10 or 20 player raid is just retarded. I admit I don’t know how WoW is today, but there were numerous Raid bosses and even simple trash mobs that will wipe the entire Raid if one guy fucks up and I don't mean the main tank, I mean a simple dmg dealer not watching out.

Maybe the political system will have a great pve component that’s fun and engaging and all that, I can’t imagine what that would be, its seems much more likely that it is a pvp oriented feature especially since there are no pve servers in the Korean version of the game.

Originally posted by tub0rg

If they would truly release a new group dungeon about every 2 months to keep pve players happy I could see it work. But I highly doubt they will, alone from the development stand point this would be hard to keep up while maintaining quality.

And ultimately why shouldn’t they release 10 or 15  man raid dungeons, which would feel a lot more epic, and because they are harder to organize the content will last longer, giving the development team more time to create more content so people won’t get bored.

I mean the argument it’s not about the single player if you have 10 or 20 player raid is just retarded. I admit I don’t know how WoW is today, but there were numerous Raid bosses and even simple trash mobs that will wipe the entire Raid if one guy fucks up and I don't mean the main tank, I mean a simple dmg dealer not watching out.

Maybe the political system will have a great pve component that’s fun and engaging and all that, I can’t imagine what that would be, its seems much more likely that it is a pvp oriented feature especially since there are no pve servers in the Korean version of the game.

You haven't seen the level 50 dungeon of tera then.And yes they allready added 2 new dungeons last week allready.

You haven't seen the level 50 dungeon of tera then.And yes they allready added 2 new dungeons last week allready.

no matter how big the dungeon is, after 9 weeks running it every evening you will want something new.

You do realize that those 2 dungeons have been in production longer than 2 months? adding dungeons down the line means starting from scratch every two month, new concept new artwork, at least a few new models new items, new map layout. new boss scipts etc.

Even if they have  two teams working parallel its hard to imagine that they can dishout a meaning full lets say 10 boss doungen every 2 months.

no matter how big the dungeon is, after 9 weeks running it every evening you will want something new.

You do realize that those 2 dungeons have been in production longer than 2 months? adding dungeons down the line means starting from scratch every two month, new concept new artwork, at least a few new models new items, new map layout. new boss scipts etc.

Even if they have  two teams working parallel its hard to imagine that they can dishout a meaning full lets say 10 boss doungen every 2 months.

Isn't it the same with raids?Can't see the difference between repeating a 5 man dungeon or a raid.

A dungeon you can do every night, you only need 5 guys so you can do it all the time.

For a Raid you need something between 10 and 40 people. so its much harder to organize, everyone has to have time normally you need a raid planner where people can plan ahead since not all have the same work hours, especially with the bigger raids, that was the main reason wow went from 40 to 25 player since 40 player raids were a bitch to organize.

so you can’t do it 7 days a week but maybe 2 or 3 (yeah of course there are raid guilds who do it every day but not the majority of players)

So raids become more important, since you only have a limited time to do those, people tend to prepare more for them. And often raids need preparation, since you have spare time till you can do them again.

So you trade the possibility to do them every day all the time, for a bigger, more epic fight, with much more people and rare loot, (obviously if you  need 40 people to get a drop from a mob it will be more rare then if you only need 5 people to do it, that doesn’t mean 5 player drops can’t be as important they truly can be)

And it truly feels epic when you’re standing beneath a giant boss with 39 people behind you trying to keep you alive and fucking that thing up before it can mush you. I know it is very unique view, but it truly feels different even between fighting with 40 or 25 people.

Of course it doesn’t matter if you’re only a hired hand who presses 4 different buttons. Raids should be brutally hard to beat; after all it’s the last pve content if you beat that there is normally nowhere to go.

A dungeon you can do every night, you only need 5 guys so you can do it all the time.

For a Raid you need something between 10 and 40 people. so its much harder to organize, everyone has to have time normally you need a raid planner where people can plan ahead since not all have the same work hours, especially with the bigger raids, that was the main reason wow went from 40 to 25 player since 40 player raids were a bitch to organize.

so you can’t do it 7 days a week but maybe 2 or 3 (yeah of course there are raid guilds who do it every day but not the majority of players)

So raids become more important, since you only have a limited time to do those, people tend to prepare more for them. And often raids need preparation, since you have spare time till you can do them again.

So you trade the possibility to do them every day all the time, for a bigger, more epic fight, with much more people and rare loot, (obviously if you  need 40 people to get a drop from a mob it will be more rare then if you only need 5 people to do it, that doesn’t mean 5 player drops can’t be as important they truly can be)

And it truly feels epic when you’re standing beneath a giant boss with 39 people behind you trying to keep you alive and fucking that thing up before it can mush you. I know it is very unique view, but it truly feels different even between fighting with 40 or 25 people.

Of course it doesn’t matter if you’re only a hired hand who presses 4 different buttons. Raids should be brutally hard to beat; after all it’s the last pve content if you beat that there is normally nowhere to go.

Well, it felt more epic at lvl 20 dungeon in tera where i was tanking with 500 hp left and managed to dodge a giant's boss ability the last moment; and while i was in the air the priest managed to hit his heal on me.That felt truly epic.

On the other hand,if u feel epic doing a raid were at most times you just stand there afk spaming your heals/attacks/spells, its up to you.Of course you get phase 1 where you have to spread,phase 2 where you gather and phase 3 where you need to avoid the fire.That doesnt feel epic at all to me.

And as i said before.Watch the level 50 dungeon of tera.You will see for yourself.

Well, it felt more epic at lvl 20 dungeon in tera where i was tanking with 500 hp left and managed to dodge a giant's boss ability the last moment; and while i was in the air the priest managed to hit his heal on me.That felt truly epic.

On the other hand,if u feel epic doing a raid were at most times you just stand there afk spaming your heals/attacks/spells, its up to you.Of course you get phase 1 where you have to spread,phase 2 where you gather and phase 3 where you need to avoid the fire.That doesnt feel epic at all to me.

And as i said before.Watch the level 50 dungeon of tera.You will see for yourself.

I am sorry but that’s just trolling bullshit, you can find the same game mechanics  in wow and aoc,  where you have to move out of the way of a bosses attack because you will be instantanly killed if you don’t.

Just because you have a skill with an animation that lets you move out of the way quickly instead of just running out of the way doesn’t make it a different game mechanic.

Even bosses where you have to be constantly moving, and by that I don’t mean just the tank I mean the whole raid are nothing new or special.

Only the most basic item check bosses i have played were that simple like Onyxia or patch work in vanilla wow.

I am not saying teras game play isn’t different, it’s more reflex based and it is more intuitive. I know since I already played it. I even think it will be much easier for casual gamers to get into it since you only have a few skills, instead of 30 skills bound to different keyboard shortcuts you can press blind without moving your hand away from wasd so you can keep moving around the whole time while maintaining battlefield awareness by looking constantly around with the mouse so you can intervene if something goes wrong. I do think this simplified controls are more fun and will be used in the future. That doesn’t mean that the game mechanic is new.

I am sorry but that’s just trolling bullshit, you can find the same game mechanics  in wow and aoc,  where you have to move out of the way of a bosses attack because you will be instantanly killed if you don’t.

Just because you have a skill with an animation that lets you move out of the way quickly instead of just running out of the way doesn’t make it a different game mechanic.

Even bosses where you have to be constantly moving, and by that I don’t mean just the tank I mean the whole raid are nothing new or special.

Only the most basic item check bosses i have played were that simple like Onyxia or patch work in vanilla wow.

I am not saying teras game play isn’t different, it’s more reflex based and it is more intuitive. I know since I already played it. I even think it will be much easier for casual gamers to get into it since you only have a few skills, instead of 30 skills bound to different keyboard shortcuts you can press blind without moving your hand away from wasd so you can keep moving around the whole time while maintaining battlefield awareness by looking constantly around with the mouse so you can intervene if something goes wrong. I do think this simplified controls are more fun and will be used in the future. That doesn’t mean that the game mechanic is new.

You dont get it.In wow you know every single phase before it happens.Its completely different in tera where the boss can just turn arround and jump on the archer/mage/priest or whatever.You actually have to be there 100% paying attention all the time.

Now if you prefer raids to begin with,its completely different.Clearly 5 man dungeons in tera are a lot more challenging than the phase1-2-3 bosses in those raids you like.And no i dont want to get wiped by 39 guys i dont even know,because they were sleeping on their keyboards.I prefer playing with people i know,makes it a lot more fun.

One day if  you actually play the game for yourself you will realise what im trying to say.I am talking of experience with both kinds of grouping and challenges.You on the other hand are calling me a troll because you obviously are a raid fan.

You dont get it.In wow you know every single phase before it happens.Its completely different in tera where the boss can just turn arround and jump on the archer/mage/priest or whatever.You actually have to be there 100% paying attention all the time.

Now if you prefer raids to begin with,its completely different.Clearly 5 man dungeons in tera are a lot more challenging than the phase1-2-3 bosses in those raids you like.And no i dont want to get wiped by 39 guys i dont even know,because they were sleeping on their keyboards.I prefer playing with people i know,makes it a lot more fun.

One day if  you actually play the game for yourself you will realise what im trying to say.I am talking of experience with both kinds of grouping and challenges.You on the other hand are calling me a troll because you obviously are a raid fan.

you dont seem to get it, im not talking about 3 phase boss fights, I dont know where or what you ever raided in wow and aoc, but you clearly didnt do the raids i did or you did them after they were nerfed to death. im not talking about phases you know will happen. its the same freaking machanic, you dont know when the boss will you use the strike but when he does you have 1 or 2 seconds to move you ass out of the way or your dead. its the same way in tera you see the boss taking a swing so you jump out of the way so he dosent hit you. aoc even has the double tap that gives you bonuses on top of getting out of the way of the swing, the retarded kicker of course is that its actually faster to sprint out of the way in aoc meaning with a lot of bosses you actually have to spint instead of jusing the jump.

you dont seem to get it, im not talking about 3 phase boss fights, I dont know where or what you ever raided in wow and aoc, but you clearly didnt do the raids i did or you did them after they were nerfed to death. im not talking about phases you know will happen. its the same freaking machanic, you dont know when the boss will you use the strike but when he does you have 1 or 2 seconds to move you ass out of the way or your dead. its the same way in tera you see the boss taking a swing so you jump out of the way so he dosent hit you. aoc even has the double tap that gives you bonuses on top of getting out of the way of the swing, the retarded kicker of course is that its actually faster to sprint out of the way in aoc meaning with a lot of bosses you actually have to spint instead of jusing the jump.

I haven't played AOC.But in wow everything works with a timer.You know exactly when a boss is casting every single one of his abilities.Every spell the bosses use in wow are timed or are used when a boss reaches a spesific persentage of his health.If you think this is wrong,then i wont be bothering replying to you anymore.

I haven't played AOC.But in wow everything works with a timer.You know exactly when a boss is casting every single one of his abilities.Every spell the bosses use in wow are timed or are used when a boss reaches a spesific persentage of his health.If you think this is wrong,then i wont be bothering replying to you anymore.

you are wrong

http://www.wowwiki.com/Archimonde_(tactics)

and besides that the whole argument is beside the point, because its not mutually exclusive to have teras gameplay in raids.

you are wrong

and besides that the whole argument is beside the point, because its not mutually exclusive to have teras gameplay in raids.

Doesn't make sense to link an 70 level boss fight.Even if the 99.9% of the rest raids are build with the same timed/hp percentages mechanics.You can keep posting,but i wont be answering anymore.

you are wrong

Doesn't make sense to link an 70 level boss fight.Even if the 99.9% of the rest raids are build with the same timed/hp percentages mechanics.You can keep posting,but i wont be answering anymore.

what exactly dosent make sense? i havent played wow in 2 years so i dont know the new boss fights so i cant talk about them, but your still wrong, the majority of boss fights didn work they way you described. yes most have diffrent phases but that dosent mean you can just spam 2 skills between the phasing or that you only have to react to the phases. at least

concerning the old wow raids or aoc raid you dont know jack.

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

I bet it involves huge weapons.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Irishoak

You would be correct:  http://www.justin.tv/archive/archive_popout?id=279719123

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

Originally posted by stayontarget

Those are some huge weapons. Her sword was pretty frickin' big as well. All the "hee-yas" would drive me batshit.

• SomnicideSomnicide Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by stayontarget

Those are some huge weapons. Her sword was pretty frickin' big as well. All the "hee-yas" would drive me batshit.

Then maybe an aman male would be more your style?

Or human female?

Sup.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

you are wrong

Archemonde's knock ups, and Fire walls, are on timers, and DBM would tell you when they were about to go out.

I raided in BC.  Go me.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

you are wrong

Archemonde's knock ups, and Fire walls, are on timers, and DBM would tell you when they were about to go out.

I raided in BC.  Go me.

the only thing on a "timer" is the fear with a 40 sec cooldown, it still dosent mean he will do it after 40 seconds but he can do it.

airburst only has a 6 second cooldown you cant call that a timer.

and doomfire has no cooldown or timer.