Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: Political system run by players: potential problems ahead?

2»

Comments

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

This sounds cool. No clue what it is.

• neve1272neve1272 Member UncommonPosts: 44

plus if there were acountability for jerks getting called out for shitty behavior instead of just filling up my ignore id vote for it

• risenbonesrisenbones Member Posts: 194

Originally posted by Torgen

My post is a bit offtopic and I don't know which poll option to chose, but I have never heared of this political system before. It just sounds really cool. I always wanted to play an mmorpg with political conflicts, dictators, humanists etc.. and did I get it right that you can also start a revolution and become king without being elected? Or is it just possible to vote someone out of his political function and start a new election? Would be really cool if you can give me a link to an article which describes the political system or tell me s.th. more about it (PMs are also welcome) :)

If the political system works out I will definately buy this game although I always said that the artdesign is a no-go for me. I just hope that ingame ideologies (like conservatives vs. liberals in the real world) evolve and make the political live more authentic. It would be really uncool if people only fight for political power because their guild and allies get benefits from it. I want fanatics, philantropists and the likes ;)

woahh... you guys really hyped me. Now I don't know whether to curse or fall on my knees and thank you ;)

If you want an example of how it can all go horribly wrong as suggested earlier take a look at Face of Mankind where what your faction does is determined by the players ranked above you.  Mind you in that system the players control what quests are available, what rewards you get from the quest, how far up the ladder you can advance thus how easy or hard it is to advance your character, who your at war with pretty much the entire gameplay is dependant on the compantcy of those ranked above you which when I played a fair while ago was pretty spotty some good alot bad.

I can't really think of an example on where this can go right especially if in game wealth can determine what kind of position you can obtain as said by the OP what about gold sellers/buyers you could litrally get a bunch of incometent moronic mayors who basicly bought their way to office then again I guess thats how democracy works in America for the most part which probably isn't the best model to base your democracy off all things concidered.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

There is nothing more dangerous than a true believer.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Torgen

My post is a bit offtopic and I don't know which poll option to chose, but I have never heared of this political system before. It just sounds really cool. I always wanted to play an mmorpg with political conflicts, dictators, humanists etc.. and did I get it right that you can also start a revolution and become king without being elected? Or is it just possible to vote someone out of his political function and start a new election? Would be really cool if you can give me a link to an article which describes the political system or tell me s.th. more about it (PMs are also welcome) :)

If the political system works out I will definately buy this game although I always said that the artdesign is a no-go for me. I just hope that ingame ideologies (like conservatives vs. liberals in the real world) evolve and make the political live more authentic. It would be really uncool if people only fight for political power because their guild and allies get benefits from it. I want fanatics, philantropists and the likes ;)

woahh... you guys really hyped me. Now I don't know whether to curse or fall on my knees and thank you ;)

You can find more info about the political system here:  http://www.terafans.com/topic/3924-beg-borrow-and-steal-what-we-know-about-politics-in-tera/?s=8092cbc9e22946cdc32101e11fa0b967

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

I must say I am quite excited about the guild and policitcal system, I really hope to see people trying to get themselves or their guild known to get elections, as well as guilds who are more pvp oriented taking it by force.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Anybody playing the Korean version can speak on this topic?

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

I see HUGE problems ahead... and that's what I'm most looking forward to.  Aside from that, this game really offers nothing new or exciting for me. 

I plan on regularly holdin Egyption Style Street Protests!  woot! 

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Mannish

Anybody playing the Korean version can speak on this topic?

It was talked about a little bit by the dev's in an interview with thisisgame.  Here is the translated version @ Terafans.

http://www.terafans.com/topic/7579-translation-bhs-devs-have-faith-in-us-and-wait-a-bit-post-release-qa/

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• HillestadHillestad Member Posts: 3

If you ever played lineage 2 I believe that much of the system will look similar. I am extremely excited for how its going to turn out. In L2 there were always guilds who competed for Aden (The biggest castle) and made themselves somewhat of a "king" of the server. I love that they will make this position concrete in TERA. Clan wars and drama is going to be epic. In L2 we had clan wars going on for years. Grudges between players ganking each other while grinding. Extremely fun. Cant really describe the feeling when you suddenly see an enemy clan party running around the corner. Just adrenaline -

TIHI