Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did you decide what faction you are playing?

Argo951Argo951 Member Posts: 123

This is my hardest choice about the game, Defiant or Guardian? I am curious as to how people came to their choice of the side they are playing, as I can't make my mind up!

Comments

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

Nope i havent chosen a side.

p.s Hehe image

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• RallycartRallycart Member UncommonPosts: 717

Easy, I played 20 mins of each, and decided that the Defiants starting zone was much nicer in my opinion, lol. Sad but true.

• ShadinShadin Member CommonPosts: 294

Personally I played both factions tutorial and then settled for the side I "agreed" with the most.. There's two sides to every story, and I found it damn interesting to play both tutorials.

I originally thought I'd settle for Defiant.. I've planned for it.. but in the end I became a Guardian. ^^

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Based on the intro. Strange thing is, I normally prefer playing the god side, but now I'm enjoying playing Defiant.

• ShadinShadin Member CommonPosts: 294

Originally posted by Vrika

Based on the intro. Strange thing is, I normally prefer playing the god side, but now I'm enjoying playing Defiant.

Funny.. I'm usually not on the gods side but opposed to them, yet I find myself playing Guardian.. ^^

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Guardians = High fantasy

Defants = Techno punk

Depends on what you like. As for areas:

Guardians = Green forests areas

Defiants = Baren wastelands

Again depends on aesthetics.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

TRION WORLDS has chosen to ignore the issue of "cross realming" (having a character in both realms so you can always play on the winning side). Many will do  that.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Originally posted by Shadanwolf

TRION WORLDS has chosen to ignore the issue of "cross realming" (having a character in both realms so you can always play on the winning side). Many will do  that.

Ummm... do you mean being able to play both factions on the same realm?

Because honestly, aside from maybe pvp servers, it really doesnt matter to begin with...

As for the topic: I will start Defiant and then maybe roll Gaurdian at some point....

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• TurdinatorTurdinator Member Posts: 210

I'm leveling both to get a feel for what I want to play at launch.  So far, it's a tie.

• mainvein33mainvein33 Member Posts: 406

I am likely going to play on a PvP server and likely will just chose the less populated side that being said so far it looks like guardian.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

I chose religion over science.

• drazzahdrazzah Member UncommonPosts: 437

Ill most likely be rolling Guardian with my WoW guild so we can steam roll defiant without a queue time and not give a f***!!!!

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

Originally posted by Argo951

This is my hardest choice about the game, Defiant or Guardian? I am curious as to how people came to their choice of the side they are playing, as I can't make my mind up!

I had no problem choosing side since I dont care for pvp and dont care much if there a factions in mmorpg's tho I rather see a game without those factions,I just did let my friends choose and everyone is happy.-)

• Sarg01Sarg01 Member UncommonPosts: 170

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Always play the so called evil side so defiant it is for me. Plus the Guardian character models make me want to hurl.

Of the two, the Guardians are a lot closer to evil than the Defiants.

• SnailtrailSnailtrail Member Posts: 258

i find the guardian 1-30 trip to be more plesant, i just cant take defiants farmland/villager and undead wandering a graveyard look and feel, its stale to me.

However, i also find that defiants races look less lame. 

So its a toss up.  Lame races and better leveling enviroment (imo) or cooler races and boring enviroment....

However i must say, that mechanically, and in terms of quests and rewards, there is very little diffrent from either side once you get past the starter zone, other than how the enviroment feels.

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770

Dwarves !!!!! !!!!!

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Originally posted by Snailtrail

i find the guardian 1-30 trip to be more plesant, i just cant take defiants farmland/villager and undead wandering a graveyard look and feel, its stale to me.

However, i also find that defiants races look less lame. 

So its a toss up.  Lame races and better leveling enviroment (imo) or cooler races and boring enviroment....

However i must say, that mechanically, and in terms of quests and rewards, there is very little diffrent from either side once you get past the starter zone, other than how the enviroment feels.

Whilst I actually prefer the Defiant starting areas I do agree with you that mechnaically there's basically no difference which is a concern if your an altaholic.

I chose Defiant because I prefer their backstory and look.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

I picked whichever side let me make the prettiest girl. I ended up liking the Eth the most, so I'm going Defiant.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

I enjoy dwarfs so was easy for me

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• Terminus-EstTerminus-Est Member UncommonPosts: 352

Originally posted by Punk999

I enjoy dwarfs

I wouldn't say that too loudly if I were you.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407

i chose defiant cuase i dont want/need a god to hold my hand and "save" me .

Ill save myself TY :)

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• baritone3kbaritone3k Member Posts: 223

I am feeling the defiant idea,

BUT

I like the pretty elves better on Guardian side.

I am trying to figure it out.

I don't want to be a Guardian, but the color choices are terrible for Defiant elves.

Someone please make a good MMO.

• Sarg01Sarg01 Member UncommonPosts: 170

Originally posted by Elidien

Neither Guardians or Defiants are good or evil. They are what they are. They are two opposing forces that think the other is to blame for the world's (future) problems and think they way to "fix it" is through different means. its like the religion/science debate come full circle in game.

Not purely, perhaps, but the Guardians refuse to tolerate the existence of the Defiants. The Defiants are merely disdainful of the Guardian ethos ... or at least they were until the Guardians decided they needed to be wiped out. 

Listen to the cheesy intro video. Who sounds full of hatred and who just sounds stuck up?

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

Originally posted by Argo951

I make my decision based on the following:

1. Races provided

2. Backstory

3. Scenery

I prefer playing aesthetically pleasing races with a backstory I either admire or can relate to. The High Elves had the best backstory, but I don't like their big floppy ears. The Defiant humans (arabian looking people) also had a good backstory, but living in a desert isn't my thing. It's boring actually. I liked the Defiant's values and beliefs, since I relate to that better in real life, but I just can't bring myself to play in a desert, or with ugly looking races with uninteresting backstories. So in the end, I chose a Mathosian, and I'm loving it. Scenerey and architecture is to my liking, as is the story, and looks of the race.

• bios5300bios5300 Member Posts: 38

I always look at the females of each side.  Whichever one has the hottest girl, is the one that I play.  Guardian elves beat out the rest of them.