Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW players leaving for Rift ?

Comments

• RallycartRallycart Member UncommonPosts: 717

Originally posted by pragues

Why would I start over in a game that I already played the last 5 years?

I have more dungeons in WOW (and they changed them just 3 months ago), I have many more BG's, I have more races and classes, I have flying mounts and a 6 times bigger world, an underwater world and I still have only 6300 achievements points on my main with a few thousands more goals/titles for my alt.

WOW already changes its avatar trick and play every year (much to my dislike), so why would a grown up man change to play the exact same thing with 1/20 the options and smash 5 years of fun work down the drain ?

Please explain.

Yes I activated ST to play something besides the main thing. At least I now have a ship and something in space.

Rift is not the same game you have been playing. It is very similar, but has a lot to do that WoW doesnt offer. Rifts and Invasions alone show that.

WoW DOES have more dungeons, you are right, but how many of them are used? There are so many that are now obsolete. Even worse, there are plenty of people running those dungeons just to level up, as the gear dropped in there does nor compare with the greens from the expansion that killed it. (See TBC dungeons, and old world stuff before the Cataclysm revamp) And at least the Rift dungeons are all fresh. I played myself out on 90% of the dungeons years ago.

Same goes for the BGs. Eye of the Storm? Please, if they did not have things that required that emblem, I would have never used it. Most people agree. Same goes for Strand of the Ancients. Back in the day, I would bet you my balls that if it was not for emblems, Alterac valley would have been the only BG worth queueing for anyway. I only did anything else because I was FORCED to to advance.

WoW does have more races, fine. But classes? No. Rift crushes them in the classes area, sorry man. If you count just the callings, then sure, but that is hardly fair. Each soul is a class.

And yes, WoW's world is larger. It has been given several expansions as well. And until recently, half the land mass was basically useless anyway, with rarely a person going there. Now? Shit, plenty of people dont leave the capitol cities anyway, as they just do dungeons. I would bet 30% of the land mass is still a waste of space, especially most of TBC and the higher level zones of WOTLK. Bigger isnt better.

Flying mounts are nice, but hardly needed. I played AO and LOVED my Yalm, and then went and played WoW before there was flying mounts. Didnt bother me. Just like the lack of flying mounts in many other MMO's didnt bother me. They are hardly a feature to draw people in. Same goes for the underwater zones. Big deal. They were annoying in EQ, and they are annoying in WoW. Besides, WoW just hands you a fast as shit mount, and increased swim speed, and permabreath anyway. Kind of takes away from the whole idea of an underwater world. It was just a colorful zone that everyone could fly in as far as I am concerned.

And every time you change MMOs, you throw your old investment out. By your logic, people should stick with the first MMO they ever played, and never leave it until it is shut down.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Rifts were already in the pre Cata events. Random elite spawns and they were annoying as hell.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4887/tripping-the-rifts#screenshots

Massive untuned zerg fests both in cities as in the planes. Let's call it a wink made by Blizzard 4 months before they appeared in the copy. Everyone was happy they were gone after 3 weeks. You'll see the same reactions 3 weeks after launch.

Like I said: if game design was an art and Jeff Kaplan was an artist, how would you call someone that made a pure copycat ?

Anything is better than to look at a bad copy of an original piece of art.

{mod edit}

Rifts are a major feature of the game. It's like going to an FPS saying that it'll suck because you get to shoot people. Hey, friend, you know well before hand that you'll go there and a major feature is clearing rifts. If you don't like doing that and you're still subscribed, is there something wrong with the game or with you?

• praguespragues Member Posts: 161

Originally posted by Xasapis

Rifts were already in the pre Cata events. Random elite spawns and they were annoying as hell.

Massive untuned zerg fests both in cities as in the planes. Let's call it a wink made by Blizzard 4 months before they appeared in the copy. Everyone was happy they were gone after 3 weeks. You'll see the same reactions 3 weeks after launch.

Like I said: if game design was an art and Jeff Kaplan was an artist, how would you call someone that made a pure copycat ?

Look who's called me on trolling on another thread. What are we doing here?

Rifts are a major feature of the game. It's like going to an FPS saying that it'll suck because you get to shoot people. Hey, friend, you know well before hand that you'll go there and a major feature is clearing rifts. If you don't like doing that and you're still subscribed, is there something wrong with the game or with you?

The thread is: WoW players leaving for Rift ?

I explained why most will not be leaving and gave very good and well founded reasons. Learn to read the title or threads before becoming agressive.

You know: it is their  makers that used "this is not Azeroth anymore". ...

The "rifts" in WoW were a limited time thing, and yes, annoying as hell. Why? Because there was no clear reason to do them. You didnt really get anything worth while, and even if they HAD dropped OMFGZ awesome stuff, it would not have mattered, because the expansion would have rendered them useless. It was made to be an annoying event, not to actually be a fun game mechanic, such as in Rift. Were you around for the opening of the AQ gates? Similar invasions that were MASSIVELY popular, with tons of people wishing you could still do them. Especially since they were so limited. The clear difference? The rewards.

Plus, the public grouping system REALLY helps out , as in WoW it was just a bunch of random douches doing their own thing. Also, Rift was HARDLY copying WoW with the Rifts. It was the basis of their game LONG before Cataclysm was even announced, but have fun believing whatever you like.

And lets think of it as an artist then. The Mona Lisa is a fine piece of art. However, if you change the background, change the subject, and change the color scheme, what would you say? Looks just like the Mona Lisa? No, it is then a portrait of a different person. Similar in many ways, including style, but still its own piece. Same goes for Rift. If you think Rift is a complete knowckoff of WoW, then there is something wrong with you. it is a mix of many different MMOs, plus a few of its own flavors. A copy of WoW it is not. There are several features that I loved from other MMOs (public grouping, multiclassing, town conquering, etc) that WoW does not have, and likely never will have.

I also believe that current WoW players that are happy with the game will of course will not leave for Rift. Even people that are on the fence will probably not leave and start over to something that may seem similar to their eyes. Given however the retention rate of every MMO, the ex-wow players far outnumber the current player base. I believe that these people have a bigger chance sticking with Rift.

My answer was not on that point. I've already given my point a few posts earlier. My answer was to the point you were trying to make that rifts are a failed feature and thus people should avoid the game. How would you call somebody who's planning to play Rift but doesn't want to interact with rifts? If you don't like the way a major game feature is implemented, there is no reason to play the game at all.

How about this. I want to play WoW, but I don't want to have any contact with anything related to warcraft. Does that make sense?

As for that advertisement, I think it lacked taste, but I'm not into marketing and I don't know if their target audience was influenced by it.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I explained why most will not be leaving and gave very good and well founded reasons. Learn to read the title or threads before becoming agressive.

While I'm not sure how you really know what other people think I agree.

Focus on the topic, people. 

Will you play Rift? And if you will, will you stop playing another game, and which?

I might start playing myslef later but not now.

• DarkpigeonDarkpigeon Member UncommonPosts: 55

Originally posted by Rallycart

The "rifts" in WoW were a limited time thing, and yes, annoying as hell. Why? Because there was no clear reason to do them. You didnt really get anything worth while, and even if they HAD dropped OMFGZ awesome stuff, it would not have mattered, because the expansion would have rendered them useless. It was made to be an annoying event, not to actually be a fun game mechanic, such as in Rift. Were you around for the opening of the AQ gates? Similar invasions that were MASSIVELY popular, with tons of people wishing you could still do them. Especially since they were so limited. The clear difference? The rewards.

Plus, the public grouping system REALLY helps out , as in WoW it was just a bunch of random douches doing their own thing. Also, Rift was HARDLY copying WoW with the Rifts. It was the basis of their game LONG before Cataclysm was even announced, but have fun believing whatever you like.

And lets think of it as an artist then. The Mona Lisa is a fine piece of art. However, if you change the background, change the subject, and change the color scheme, what would you say? Looks just like the Mona Lisa? No, it is then a portrait of a different person. Similar in many ways, including style, but still its own piece. Same goes for Rift. If you think Rift is a complete knowckoff of WoW, then there is something wrong with you. it is a mix of many different MMOs, plus a few of its own flavors. A copy of WoW it is not. There are several features that I loved from other MMOs (public grouping, multiclassing, town conquering, etc) that WoW does not have, and likely never will have.

This has to be the best worded explanation I've read on the matter, nail on the head.

In addition , I've just cancelled my wow sub and am warming my hands up ready to delve into Rift. Goodbye sparkleponies, goodbye Tradechat, goodbye goldshire and I doubt that I am the only one considering the move. WoW although a stable well known and generally well loved game, it is the tired uncle dozing in the corner. Best let him sleep.

Originally posted by Loke666

While I'm not sure how you really know what other people think I agree.

Focus on the topic, people. 

Will you play Rift? And if you will, will you stop playing another game, and which?

I might start playing myslef later but not now.

The last MMO I played was WoW. I was burnt out before Cataclysm, and Cataclysm fizzled out the last of my will to play, so I would not really say I am leaving it for Rift. I plan to play Rift, but I would have left WoW anyway. I likely just wouldnt have played any MMOs if Rift didnt come out. I will likely burn some time there, and move on. Who knows. When I left EQ1 for WoW, I felt the same way. I would blow off a few months in WoW, and then likely go back to EQ or something. But I didnt. We just have to see what the entertainment value of Rift ends up being. Currently, I am quite happy. In a couple months? Who knows. I was in love with AoC in beta, and a month or so after launch. I still never made it to 4 months of paid time in the game. Same with WAR. I was VERY happy with WAR in open beta, as there was a ton of open RvR going on. Then launch hit, and everyone raced to the top, rather than having fun in the open RvR stuff. Game died for me.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

There are a lot of WoW players who, while not hating WoW itself, are in fact annoyed with Cataclysm and the strange direction and retooling the devs are currently doing to the game. Many of them see it as though the devs have lost touch with the game and are currently looking for refuge in another game in the event some new change totally kills the game for them.

My entire guild in WoW (about 200) is now running about 15 people tops. When Cata launched EVERYONE was there and having a blast - then January hit and people started dropping off like flies again. Hop into the vent server and everyone is playing different games (LoL seemed to grab a majority of them, as well as Magika). A lot of us will be playing Rift while others are holding out for other games on the horizon. So I don't think it's people leaving WoW for Rift. I think it's people looking for a 'WoW fall back plan' because the grand expansion was sort of a dud (all the build up and anticipation only to be over so damn quick) and the dev team itself seems to be confusing the players.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

And lets think of it as an artist then. The Mona Lisa is a fine piece of art. However, if you change the background, change the subject, and change the color scheme, what would you say? Looks just like the Mona Lisa? No, it is then a portrait of a different person.

Even the color of the cobbles were copied from SW. The subject? Fantasy based MMO with gear grind and less classes (30 in WOW), with less polish, petite world and bad animations both of mobs and bosses.

The only thing why Rift doesn't offer things like full designed flying woirlds and underwater quests is because they were too costly to get as fast to the supposed money machine.

And the complete marketing is focused on that gold. Grab % of the original money machine and we are content.

People have seen the same things in AoC and WAR, but even those had more original ideas than Rift.

The color of the cobbles, are you kidding me? lol. Seriously, I want to know if that was supposed to be a serious statement, because that might go down as the most rediculous thing I have read in a long time.

And in art, the subject is main object being painted, or Mona Lisa herself. Sorry, I thought you knew art, since you brought up the subject. WoW also does not have 30 classes. It has 10, with 3 different trees. Just like AoC doesnt get to count each tree as a new class. True, classes like Paladin COULD be stretched to be three classes, as tank, healer and DPS, but rogue? Hunter? Mage? Etc? No. There are 10 classes in WoW, period. Unless you want to say there is an unlimited amount, because of talent choice combinations...

Gear grind is older than MMOs, so using that is retarded. I spent countless hours grinding for stuff in MUDs back in the mid 90s. Animations seem ok to me, maybe not as fluid, but nothing horribly bad. Other than WoW, it likely has some of the best, so whatever. And polish? For an about to be released game, Rift is pretty much as polished as we are going to get. I dont know of any other MMOs that were in better shape at release.

But underwater worlds and flying mounts are costly? They could have saved TONS of money on world design with them, like WoW does now. The only point of a flying mount is to skip content, plain and simple. They could have made a sparse world, with not much in between each location, and then just given you a flying mount, and you would not percieve it as being a sparse world. But it is becoming VERY clear that anything WoW did was gold in your eyes. Even though neither concept is originally from WoW, and neither concept is amazingly popular anywhere else.

And lets think of it as an artist then. The Mona Lisa is a fine piece of art. However, if you change the background, change the subject, and change the color scheme, what would you say? Looks just like the Mona Lisa? No, it is then a portrait of a different person.

Even the color of the cobbles were copied from SW. The subject? Fantasy based MMO with gear grind and less classes (30 in WOW), with less polish, petite world and bad animations both of mobs and bosses.

The only thing why Rift doesn't offer things like full designed flying woirlds and underwater quests is because they were too costly to get as fast to the supposed money machine.

And the complete marketing is focused on that gold. Grab % of the original money machine and we are content.

People have seen the same things in AoC and WAR, but even those had more original ideas than Rift.

Lol! Did you just say Rift copied the color of the road work from WoW?

Also you are compairing a 6 year old game with a game that hasn't even launched yet. When said 6 year old game launched it was no bigger and had just as less to do. Flying worlds? Came in 2 years later. Underwater quests? Rift has them. Underwater zones ala Cataclysm? Yeah didn't see those in WoW until after its 6th Birthday (btw EQ had underwater dungeons back in 1999, so WoW wasnt the first...)

As for polish, I can tell you are probably one of the players that joined the game Post BC or around Wrath because WoW was in a far buggier state at launch than Rift is in beta.

As for the classes, yes WoW has 30. Rift has 32 (4 callings with each having 8 souls) if you just use 1 soul at a time. Now use 2 souls at a time an that 32 suddenly jumps up far beyond what WoW offers in terms of classes. Now do 3 souls at a time and yeah...

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Originally posted by Lobotomist

I noticed lot of talk of entire guilds leaving WoW for Rift ?

Now...i dont play WoW. I must admit one of big reasons is the community that clings to this game.

Actually I kind of secretly loved the WoW for the fact it was rotten community magnet.

Well apparently no more..

Now it seems this community is moving to Rift ...

Example from last round of beta. I joined PUG for a dungeon ( i know )

When we got wiped by dungeon boss. And I told them that it can not be done with current party. They called me a noob.

And that they going to show me how the pros do it. Ok.. I decided to stick with the show. To see how pros do it ;)

Truth is that pros got wiped , and wiped and wiped. At least 6 times.

And than they simply quit group - no word.

When i asked them what happened? The one that graced me with the answer. Said : "You are gay homo."

And than he put me on ignore.

Now I never had such experience playing Vanguard, or LOTRO, or any other MMO except WoW.

I know this was exception. But I am afraid it can be the sign of the community that is transfering to Rift...

You find good people and you find bad people.  You sometimes find good people that turn into assholes during certain situations and you find assholes that turn into saints during certain other situations.  This is what happens to large communities. 

• MorgarenMorgaren Member UncommonPosts: 397

the wow has a bad community thing is just a matter of saturation and exposure. People happy with the community don't complain, so we don't see those post, and for most MMO's with a "Good" community, everytime when someone complains, there are about 120 people who complain about wow's community, and that is with the same per capita (compared toa game with a 100k subs). So I take the wow has a bad community idea with a grain of salt.

cobblestones, thanks for the laugh before I go to work.

Originally posted by fyerwall

There are a lot of WoW players who, while not hating WoW itself, are in fact annoyed with Cataclysm and the strange direction and retooling the devs are currently doing to the game. Many of them see it as though the devs have lost touch with the game and are currently looking for refuge in another game in the event some new change totally kills the game for them.

My entire guild in WoW (about 200) is now running about 15 people tops. When Cata launched EVERYONE was there and having a blast - then January hit and people started dropping off like flies again. Hop into the vent server and everyone is playing different games (LoL seemed to grab a majority of them, as well as Magika). A lot of us will be playing Rift while others are holding out for other games on the horizon. So I don't think it's people leaving WoW for Rift. I think it's people looking for a 'WoW fall back plan' because the grand expansion was sort of a dud (all the build up and anticipation only to be over so damn quick) and the dev team itself seems to be confusing the players.

I always wonder WHY do people lie in "promoting a game" on the internet.

First this: And I quote:posted months ago by you ...

"Also, why would anyone want   their MMO to kill WoW anyway? I mean if their game killed WoW it would most likely do so by stealing 90% of the WoW player base, which would mean the community would be just as bad....

/shivers...

I hope the games I like never kill WoW :P"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/userPosts/62503/page/16

End quote: you are putting out hate posts on WOW in the last year, It wasn't too diifcult to find them spread out everywhere. So "your guild of 300" that didn't like CATA is in fact non existent. Why the lying part ?

It serves not even the title of this thread.

Wait, what?

So by reading previous posts I made about a game that I have been playing on and off since beta you can discern that I have totally been lying just to spread hate about it? And then you use a snipet such as the one above to prove this fact? You sir are not making any sense in your oddly fanatical defense of WoW...

Oh wait! I get it! Because someone pointed out how insane your logic is you decided to go for the confusion route!

Is this who I think it is? Didn't you get the ban hammer several times already?

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

My question is

Why do people need to demolish the success of a game before getting happy in another game?

You might ask yourself that question, since you're doing a pretty good job trashtalking any game that isn't WoW, derailing threads with repetitive flamebaiting pro WoW-anti WoW discussions in the meantime.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

@Fyerwall: since WOW is not one of the games you like to play (you even hate the community) , it is strange you consider yourself a WOW player.

Let alone one within a 300 man guild of which only 15 show up.

My question is

Why do people need to demolish the success of a game before getting happy in another game?

Well see, I was one of the luck EB games employees who's store sold the most preorders in their district. As a prize all employees at that store got a Lifetime membership (which expires in 2030) from Vivendi to World of Warcraft. Now back in the day I enjoyed the game, but as the years went by I no longer do. I do, however, still log in and chat with guildmates (Play on the Alleria server).

Do I consider myself a WoW player? No, not really. Do I play WoW? when the mood strikes me.

What I do find funny however is here you are, in the forums of a game you don't seem to like, bashing said game while defending another and then getting your panties in a bunch at the fact that someone said bad things about the game you like while pointing out your logic is flawed. And knowing that your logic is flawed you instead derail the thread by bringing up old innocous quote as proof that that person is fibbing... while at the same time telling others to stay on topic...

You sir have won the "Most Confused Troll of The Year" award, because frankly I think even you have no idea what you are talking about...

• praguespragues Member Posts: 161

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

My question is

You might ask yourself that question, since you're doing a pretty good job trashtalking any game that isn't WoW, derailing threads with repetitive flamebaiting pro WoW-anti WoW discussions in the meantime.

Nope, I am asking WHY players would leave for Rift and up until now I didn't see hardly any valid and decent arguments - except to say it offers about the same things.

What I saw though was a trash talk of the quality of old WOW and its so called lack of success (which is countered by every account sheet recently published btw).

So it is not pot meets kettle. It is why do you think the success of a new game lingers on attacking the quality of another one, the big one.

Can't you see this leads to a very questionable "welcome - get out" from those 12 million players ? Why would any Beta in a new game that uses the words 'Azeroth" be annoying ? Of course you attract a lot of noise from those players.

But is this these players's fault ?

• SeffrenSeffren Member Posts: 743

My question is

I choked!

Edit: Allready saw somebody else choke to ... discard this choke, I will go choke somewhere else.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Nope, I am asking WHY players would leave for Rift and up until now I didn't see hardly any valid and decent arguments - except to say it offers about the same things.

What I saw though was a trash talk of the quality of old WOW and its so called lack of success (which is countered by every account sheet recently published btw).

So it is not pot meets kettle. It is why do you think the success of a new game lingers on attacking the quality of another one, the big one.

Can't you see this leads to a very questionable "welcome - get out" from those 12 million players ? Why would any Beta in a new game that uses the words 'Azeroth" be annoying ?

Which leads again to discussions that have nothing to do with the issues raised by the OP topic.

Or as a mod earlier stated

Originally posted by Amana

To be clear - the topic is simple. Are you leaving WoW for Rift? Please do not use this thread to outright insult WoW players or other posters or it will be locked. If you would like to compare the games, there is a sticky thread for that. If you want to discuss the community, please do so respectfully. Thanks.

Please be so kind to stay on topic or raise your own questions in the fitting comparison sticky thread or one of your own if you think it's distinct enough.

EDIT: reading back on the thread, I saw your response on an earlier post of mine:

Why would anyone play another shooter that has almost the exact same mechanics as the top shooter game?

Simple reason as why everyone plays another game that resembles a former game they played: fun.

The way you describe WoW is as if it's a marriage, where you 'invested' a few years of your life in. It is not, MMORPG's are games, you play them when you have fun in them, you stop playing them (well, most do) when you don't have fun in them anymore, it's really as simple as that.

Well I think you are wrong there.

Regardless of your other arguments in that post, if you think that fun isn't the core part of why people play an mmorpg whatever that one may be, then it becomes a senseless debate. It doesn't matter what MMO one plays or should play according to the opinion of others, if someone is having fun in whatever MMO they're playing then that's what matters to that player. Tastes differ, also what is fun to one person and what's fun to another person. Yes, a stunning hard-to-grasp concept, I agree.

I'm going to leave it at this, this discussion is something for an entirely different thread.

/offtopic

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

My question is

Can't you see this leads to a very questionable "welcome - get out" from those 12 million players ? Why would any Beta in a new game that uses the words 'Azeroth" be annoying ? Of course you attract a lot of noise from those players.

But is this these players's fault ?

I pointed out several valid reasons. You just simply stopped responding to them once your logic and ideals were busted.

• LokomotivLokomotiv Member Posts: 106

WoW players leaving for Rift ?" This is clearly Trion intention. Rift will directly compete with WoW. The clash of titans... well another clash for one titan. Will Rift do it or the WoW game inercia beat it? Why should a WoW gamer change to Rift a couple of months after Cataclism was launched? Are people so bored at WoW they are ready to trade all their acomplishments for a new WoW clone experience? Even if they know that SW:TOR is coming soon or even GW2 with the no sub bomb, why shouldn't they wait for them while they play WoW?

In my opinion WoW is such a force in MMO world that it won't be beaten by this WoW clone with Rifts and a lot less other things. I could be wrong though...

Very conveniant. The thread is about WOW players and why or why not they would come to Rift.

So now you complain why someone who actually plays WOW posts some things about the 2 games ...

So you are not really a WOW player (like I deducted from earlier posts). But I guess WOW players are not actually invited to the thread.

So what's the use of a thread in a game that wants to recruit with the name "AZEROTH " anyway  and WOW players are not supposed to be posting because that is "annoying".

They are not recruiting with the name Azeroth. They are saying that there game is not on Azeroth, alluding to the fact that it is an MMO that is not WoW. I find it to be a terrible slogan, and seeing how much it does borrow from WoW, I do find it kind of stupid.

That does not change the fact that Rift, while similar in many aspects, is not a copy of WoW, nor do I think it was going for that. I think Rift was going for a hodge podge of good ideas from various MMOs, and to that effect, I think it has done a great job.

Noone mentioned it once in my server in all the beta events I've participated. Either it's a US thing or I wasn't paying as much attention as I thought I did.

There is however constant comparison talk about:

• WoW - 90%

• WAR - 8%

• Aion - 2%

Percentages are fictional and only serve as indication of course. There are a buttload of ex-wow players out there (one can do some calculations with, say 6 months retention), so the refernce talk is understandable. Of course it got old some beta events ago too.

@Fyerwall: since WOW is not one of the games you like to play (you even hate the community) , it is strange you consider yourself a WOW player.

Let alone one within a 300 man guild of which only 15 show up.

My question is

Well see, I was one of the luck EB games employees who's store sold the most preorders in their district. As a prize all employees at that store got a Lifetime membership (which expires in 2030) from Vivendi to World of Warcraft. Now back in the day I enjoyed the game, but as the years went by I no longer do. I do, however, still log in and chat with guildmates (Play on the Alleria server).

Do I consider myself a WoW player? No, not really. Do I play WoW? when the mood strikes me.

What I do find funny however is here you are, in the forums of a game you don't seem to like, bashing said game while defending another and then getting your panties in a bunch at the fact that someone said bad things about the game you like while pointing out your logic is flawed. And knowing that your logic is flawed you instead derail the thread by bringing up old innocous quote as proof that that person is fibbing... while at the same time telling others to stay on topic...

You sir.../ cut

Very conveniant. The thread is about WOW players and why or why not they would come to Rift.

So now you complain why someone who actually plays WOW posts some things about the 2 games ...

So you are not really a WOW player (like I deducted from earlier posts). But I guess WOW players are not actually invited to the thread.

So what's the use of a thread in a game that wants to recruit with the name "AZEROTH " anyway  and WOW players are not supposed to be posting because that is "annoying".

You sir are a victim of seeing only what you want to see and knowing only what you saw.

Whats sad is you just keep attacking people for doing the same thing you are doing (and actually started) and are getting frustrated because, like a blind man repeatedly walking into the same wall, you can't seem to see the irony....

Well for one, I wasn't the one saying things like "my guild of 3000 went to the Rift Beta and all but 2 left again". Kind of misleading propaganda and sorry for the numbers.

If you want to have a discussion about 2 games in the title ... see title... perhaps it is not suprising to see the 2 sides represented and have some heated discussions.

I can see some very hot debates in the game betas btw because of the Azeroth thingy.

So by saying that my guild of 200 suddenly becoming a number of around 15 active players because everyone else got bored (which A LOT of WoW players might have noticed similar happenings) its misleading propaganda? And nowhere did a say 'all of them went to Rift beta'. You apparently missed the part about most of them playing LoL and Magika as well as other games.... Again you are just pulling things from nothing to help prove your point.

Whats funny is the fact that the only person that seems to be getting 'heated' is you because others are saying 'bad things' about your game. I mean you seem to be the only one digging up arbitrary posts as 'proof' that someone else is a staunch 'WoW hater' when even the post you quoted wasn't even an attack on the game itself.

Also, again, the thread was an observation about the players in the beta and how much they seem to be like people you would find in WoW pugs. It was in no way a debate, just an observation. Sometimes you really need to read a post and not just the title...

• TurdinatorTurdinator Member Posts: 210

I don't know about all of the other stuff that is making people go off on a tangent, but I do know 33 people that are heading over to Rift from WoW.  Several people went to DCUO to ride it out until Star Wars comes out, several more headed over to Aion. Some I know simply quit the genre altogether.

This discussion has been closed.