Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why you hate bush

124»

Comments

• blissendblissend Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Vampyr
    well this debate will be very very stupid because the decision on how good of a president bush is, isnt up to us.
    its up to the ones in the next generation who look back in retrospect after all is said and done and then we will know for sure if he was good or not.
    until then this whole thing is pointless.

Well we can look back in retrospect for his last term... so I don't think it's pointless.

• VercadesVercades Member Posts: 1,065

Man people on this board gotta be comics in their daily life or something.

Back on topic, well sorta sorry about posting something that was I don't know inappropriate even though I know alot of people we're probably chuckling at their monitors when they saw it.

Elephant + Monkey = George W. Bush.

All and all, I like Bush I'm a supporter of what he does and did.  Drilling for oil in Alaska was good for the economy and finally getting something done in Iraq.  I don't agree with his handling of the budget even though alot of the deficits we're because of his war.  I just don't like Dick Cheney much...

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by blissend

well this debate will be very very stupid because the decision on how good of a president bush is, isnt up to us.
    its up to the ones in the next generation who look back in retrospect after all is said and done and then we will know for sure if he was good or not.
    until then this whole thing is pointless.

Well we can look back in retrospect for his last term... so I don't think it's pointless.

so much from his first term is unresolved. The only way to know if he was a good president or not is to wait until everything he set in motion is done and all his papers and crap are relesed.

this is how history judges people and we wont be able to tell if he was good bad wrong or right for at least 20 years....

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• DregaDrega Member Posts: 225

so much from his first term is unresolved. The only way to know if he was a good president or not is to wait until everything he set in motion is done and all his papers and crap are relesed.

this is how history judges people and we wont be able to tell if he was good bad wrong or right for at least 20 years....

If this were true stalin wouldnt still be considered a hero in russia.

This place is full of tree-huggers and tofu fartn' faeries...

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by Drega

If this were true stalin wouldnt still be considered a hero in russia.

no not true because that is the judgement of the time is what you are talking about.

i am talking about the judgement of history and a lot of the USSR's documeents where just recalssified by Putin, so we dont know the whole truth about stalin yet.

the judgement of history is definite opinions of stalin will change when more of his stuff is unclassified in 70 years....

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Americans take living in a Capitalist country for granted. If they don't like their political leader, to the point of saying publically that they hate him, they should consider leaving the country. Some 3rd world countries would happily take your American-made money that the capitalist system made for you.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• MarkWaltMarkWalt Member Posts: 36

My pants are made of cabbage

No Im talking about today, in the decades after stalins death when russian politicians openly condemned the man as the devil on earth. The people continued to believe him to be a god like figure. History can easily be changed  by mass appeal no matter how many documnents are released or reclassified. kinda falls under the ruling of 'history is written by the winners'.

Originally posted by blissend Originally posted by Vampyrwell this debate will be very very stupid because the decision on how good of a president bush is, isnt up to us.its up to the ones in the next generation who look back in retrospect after all is said and done and then we will know for sure if he was good or not.until then this whole thing is pointless.Well we can look back in retrospect for his last term... so I don't think it's pointless.

Good point but I think having opinions on the President being good or bad for now isn't pointless.

• ArcariusArcarius Member Posts: 72

Originally posted by terstax
    "Hell, running a carrier at sea is one million dollars per day."

Rrrnt.. Wrong answer.

How much does it cost to run an aircraft carrier for one day? Approximately $273,972 depending on the ship according to the Rand Corporation.

Eternal Vigilance - NOW RECRUITING

-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Which is what I hope everyone was having rather than believe it was a fact ::::03::

• VercadesVercades Member Posts: 1,065

Originally posted by Arcarius

Rrrnt.. Wrong answer.
    How much does it cost to run an aircraft carrier for one day? Approximately $273,972 depending on the ship according to the Rand Corporation.

Money doesn't run an aircraft carrier trained personnel do.  Money is just a slip of paper with a face on it that some people value too much at times. 

Alot of the money is spent on things that KEEP it running and very little is spent on the personnel.  My cuz worked on one and dad too they weren't payed glorious amounts of $$ for their service just enough to keep them alive.

Thats the honor of todays military and purpose to protect and serve because I want too.

Originally posted by Vercades

Rrrnt.. Wrong answer.

Money doesn't run an aircraft carrier trained personnel do.  Money is just a slip of paper with a face on it that some people value too much at times. 

Alot of the money is spent on things that KEEP it running and very little is spent on the personnel.  My cuz worked on one and dad too they weren't payed glorious amounts of $$ for their service just enough to keep them alive.

Thats the honor of todays military and purpose to protect and serve because I want too.

Good for you. Let me know if you come across the rest of my left leg in Iraq.

• terstaxterstax Member Posts: 353

"Hell, running a carrier at sea is one million dollars per day."Rrrnt.. Wrong answer.How much does it cost to run an aircraft carrier for one day? Approximately $273,972 depending on the ship according to the Rand Corporation.

Rrrnt...right answer...This straight from the horses mouth and as I was in the Navy for a period (though I expect you to discount that) I was in a position to know that much.

• NoName013NoName013 Member Posts: 8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by MarkWalt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL, for some reason that really made me laugh.

"Americans take living in a Capitalist country for granted. If they don't like their political leader, to the point of saying publically that they hate him, they should consider leaving the country. Some 3rd world countries would happily take your American-made money that the capitalist system made for you."

I'd rather be fed propaganda and be forced to love a leader than to have a lot of food and grow fat and have a lot of things to buy and then get bored with. And I really don't see why a good, strong dictator is that bad. Maybe Stalin was a bit too paranoid and he was against evolution because he was too stupid, but I'm pretty sure my life would have more meaing serving the state than serving the dollar.

Ω

Originally posted by NoName013

Originally posted by MarkWalt

LOL, for some reason that really made me laugh.
    "Americans take living in a Capitalist country for granted. If they don't like their political leader, to the point of saying publically that they hate him, they should consider leaving the country. Some 3rd world countries would happily take your American-made money that the capitalist system made for you."
    I'd rather be fed propaganda and be forced to love a leader than to have a lot of food and grow fat and have a lot of things to buy and then get bored with. And I really don't see why a good, strong dictator is that bad. Maybe Stalin was a bit too paranoid and he was against evolution because he was too stupid, but I'm pretty sure my life would have more meaing serving the state than serving the dollar.

• HatorianHatorian Member Posts: 164
    I hate bush... cuz he have lust for wars... He want to be known as the War Presidentimageimage

Im Amazed..... NOT!!!

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Originally posted by Hatorian
    I hate bush... cuz he have lust for wars... He want to be known as the War Presidentimageimage

Which is fascinating considering he tells everyone he wants to be known as a peace president.

Seems to me his theory on how to get peace is the same as most powerfull nations throughout history. If you conquer everyone else you will have peace... only problem is it didnt work for the Romans and it wont work for the USA...

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

exactly

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

I hate Bush because he's a retard.. but then i read this post and the sad truth is 99.9% of the worlds population are retards. Government like religion is unnecessary. My dream is one day i'll wake up and be free in a world without either. Every man for himself. Live free or die. I owe you nothing.

• VeragonVeragon Member Posts: 78

Originally posted by Copeland
    I hate Bush because he's a retard.. but then i read this post and the sad truth is 99.9% of the worlds population are retards. Government like religion is unnecessary. My dream is one day i'll wake up and be free in a world without either. Every man for himself. Live free or die. I owe you nothing.
    A man after my own heart...::::20::
  • Jd1680aJd1680a Member Posts: 398

Im just wondering if anyone here likes the idea of millions of people being surpressed.  Thousands of people have been tortured and kill with out cause just to be used as an example.  Yes, for no reason someone could walk into your house beat you, hang you arms to the all and torture you beyond your understanding until you confess to the false charges.  Even if you do you be killed anyway.  How about letting a guy who admires Josef Slatin and would like to be like his mentor, killing thousands of people?

You cant say no in Iraq, if you do you be tortured or be shot.  Saddam is a tyrant and a murderer.  Millions of people were at fear of this one guy.  You had no rights at all being a citizen of Iraq.  I think all of you here take what we have in this country for granted.  You have the right to protest about anything you want in this country.  Its your right to do that.  In Iraq that didnt happen when Saddam was in charge.  Anyone opposed him would be shot thats why he was the only one on the ballot when he would get relected.   I think if everyone had their rights being surpressed and being living in a fear of a mad man who murders thousands of innocent people would feel totally different and to think that Bush who is helping free people from a tyrant.

Bush did the right thing in going in to help these Iraq people.  The high majority of people 95% actually loves americans for helping them out in putting democracy so they have a right to vote and have the right to say no.  Hopefully these people will become friends with the US and Iraq have a brighter future then they did before Saddam was in power.

Have played: CoH, DDO EQ2, FFXI, L2, HZ, SoR, and WW2 online

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by Jd1680a
    Im just wondering if anyone here likes the idea of millions of people being surpressed. Thousands of people have been tortured and kill with out cause just to be used as an example. Yes, for no reason someone could walk into your house beat you, hang you arms to the all and torture you beyond your understanding until you confess to the false charges. Even if you do you be killed anyway. How about letting a guy who admires Josef Slatin and would like to be like his mentor, killing thousands of people?
    You cant say no in Iraq, if you do you be tortured or be shot. Saddam is a tyrant and a murderer. Millions of people were at fear of this one guy. You had no rights at all being a citizen of Iraq. I think all of you here take what we have in this country for granted. You have the right to protest about anything you want in this country. Its your right to do that. In Iraq that didnt happen when Saddam was in charge. Anyone opposed him would be shot thats why he was the only one on the ballot when he would get relected. I think if everyone had their rights being surpressed and being living in a fear of a mad man who murders thousands of innocent people would feel totally different and to think that Bush who is helping free people from a tyrant.
    Bush did the right thing in going in to help these Iraq people. The high majority of people 95% actually loves americans for helping them out in putting democracy so they have a right to vote and have the right to say no. Hopefully these people will become friends with the US and Iraq have a brighter future then they did before Saddam was in power.

Fact .. you have the right to protest.. fact.. the government has the right to tell you where, when and in what fashion that protest can take place. fact.. the united states supported and empowered saddam hussein. fact.. the united states did in south america the exact same thing saddam hussein did in Iraq. fact.. the only thing that makes the united states any different from tyrants such as saddam hussein is the power to enforce their will upon the world. fact.. If Bush had a different last name he'd be in prison under the patriot act for his dealings with the bin laden family.

I'm tired thats just a few facts. I don't expect you to know what i know. I only expect you to try not to be fooled by propaganda thats so blatent a blind mute could figure it out.

PS - Ask native americans what they think of being liberated by the american government.

http://www.freespeech.org/fsitv/fscm2/genx.php?name=home watch it.. knowledge is power

Sometimes not all the facts are true? that makes sense.. points below

• Jd1680aJd1680a Member Posts: 398

Sorry but I think for myself.  Do you really think Fahrenheit 911 isnt progaganda too?  Ive seen that and its all one sided.  Nobody is opposing what Micheal Moore is saying.

Sure Saddam was empowered by US that was 10 years before the problems with iraq now.  Nobody really knew about saddam and what he was doing.  Nobody thought about it.  Do you really think about whats going to happen 10 years from now?  At the time Iran was our enemy and a real threat Iraq wasnt.

Im not speaking about what people are telling me, Im totally thinking of myself.  Sometimes not all facts are true.

Have played: CoH, DDO EQ2, FFXI, L2, HZ, SoR, and WW2 online

This discussion has been closed.