Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: The first Korean MMO to not fail

1235»

Comments

• Originally posted by GinazLol, WoW has nothing to be worried about from this game.

I know they are completely different games, but fanboys are envy when something else come out and they don't want that more people follow a different game they don't like.
    So they find every useless thing even if they know nothing about the game just to bash and ridiculize it, like art style, korean grind, oversized weapons, fancy colours, etc.. the same things over and over again.
    Sad this troll and hate attitude expecially if we speak about a random videogame in a fantasy and unrealistic setting and not RL matters.

• skoupidiskoupidi Member UncommonPosts: 244

Originally posted by kdchan

Originally posted by GinazLol, WoW has nothing to be worried about from this game.

I know they are completely different games, but fanboys are envy when something else come out and they don't want that more people follow a different game they don't like.

So they find every useless thing even if they know nothing about the game just to bash and ridiculize it, like art style, korean grind, oversized weapons, fancy colours, etc.. the same things over and over again.

Sad this troll and hate attitude expecially if we speak about a random videogame in a fantasy and unrealistic setting and not RL matters.

Ye well i guess little gnome warriors with those oversized twohand swords seem more realistic to people these days.

Like saying a fantasy's game world is realistic to start with.But who cares they just hate the game because its not wow with new graphics like some other games out there.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Goggy

TERA = Massive grind!

Based off what facts?

*On Topic*

Its sad to see threads like this because people just say things without having any facts or even a good arguement. Tera will be a grind because its korean is old and played out. Stop posting stuff you think you know and read up on the game some. Writing TERA = Massive grind just got you reported for trolling.

• IngeKyIngeKy Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by Lathander81

TERA = Massive grind!

Based off what facts?

*On Topic*

Its sad to see threads like this because people just say things without having any facts or even a good arguement. Tera will be a grind because its korean is old and played out. Stop posting stuff you think you know and read up on the game some. Writing TERA = Massive grind just got you reported for trolling.

Tera could consist of mostly grind, but if the combat is fun, immersive, and interesting - is that really so bad? Some people like that. I don't mind it if the game is fun.

I think a lot of people don't understand the term "westernize." That means adding quests and such to accomdate to America/Europe. Every game has grind.. if you deny that then you're lying. This game reminds me so much of Aion. The only difference is that it's not by NCSoft. Who knows where TERA will go if they don't "westernize" the game enough. I hope they won't need to.

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

I think tera is putting a lot more into westernization then Aion or Ncsoft ever had.  This if they cut the grind right they will be fine.

Art wise tera is very good.  But is still Asian art,  extremely fantasy.  Vs western fantasy mixed with realism (axes are not the size of a rhino)

Not sure if that will hurt it or help it.

But ArcheAfe,  tera and blade and soul are decently innovative games that i think will do well.

• skoupidiskoupidi Member UncommonPosts: 244

Originally posted by IngeKy

Originally posted by Lathander81

TERA = Massive grind!

Based off what facts?

*On Topic*

Tera could consist of mostly grind, but if the combat is fun, immersive, and interesting - is that really so bad? Some people like that. I don't mind it if the game is fun.

I think a lot of people don't understand the term "westernize." That means adding quests and such to accomdate to America/Europe. Every game has grind.. if you deny that then you're lying. This game reminds me so much of Aion. The only difference is that it's not by NCSoft. Who knows where TERA will go if they don't "westernize" the game enough. I hope they won't need to.

Wow you seem to know so much about this game.Once again then,the quests are so many that you actually get to the point of abandoning a lot of them. So for "westernize" they clearly don't need to add more quests.Maybe they will replace some with others,but still there is nothing grindy about this game.Unless you mean quests=grind.Then you have to wait till gw2 comes out i guess.