Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few questions.

blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

So, I tried Aion during the betas but didn't sub.  I'm bored and looking for something new to play and I think I'm picking up Aion but have a few questions...

1) does the the xpac include the original game or do you need both seperately?

2) is the game too top heavy for new players to enjoy it (no gear to pass to a new character, friends to PL [which I'd rather not do anyway], etc)?

3) is there a good server to roll on that's allowing Asmodians? I seem to recall an artificial cap on races per server.

This would be for the NA version as I'm in Ontario Canada.

Thanks in advance.

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.

Comments

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

1) The expansion is free, so they're one and the same.

2) The game is slightly top-heavy but only slightly. Not nearly as much as games like EQ2 or WoW. Most of the server populations are really healthy at most levels due to the server merges a few months ago.

3) I can't give you a specific server, but you should be able to make an Asmo on any server you like, since the server populations are all relatively stable now.

<3

• Sky427Sky427 Member UncommonPosts: 99

1.)Expansion was free so just buy the game, some retailers try to cheat you and sell you the box with the AoB title on it for more. Its just the same thing as the original box

2.)Nope

3.)Dunno I quit again after being told the grind got easier. Lies. All of them.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by blackthornn

So, I tried Aion during the betas but didn't sub.  I'm bored and looking for something new to play and I think I'm picking up Aion but have a few questions...

1) does the the xpac include the original game or do you need both seperately?

2) is the game too top heavy for new players to enjoy it (no gear to pass to a new character, friends to PL [which I'd rather not do anyway], etc)?

3) is there a good server to roll on that's allowing Asmodians? I seem to recall an artificial cap on races per server.

This would be for the NA version as I'm in Ontario Canada.

Thanks in advance.

1.) The expansion doesn't have the original game but it has additional in-game items. If you but the original game you get the expansion free.

2.) Now is a good time to join and play. There are a lot of people re-rolling and with the leveling curve lowered to resonalble pace. There are certain items that you can pass to your other characters but PL is pretty much out of the question.

3.) Israphel is a good server for Asmodians from my experience.

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

thanks for the replies.

one last question, do characters from a free trial stay when you go to a retail copy or do you need to create a whole new account (and if they stay, anyone have a buddy key for the NA servers they'd care to part with so I can get a start before payday)?

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.

thanks for the replies.

one last question, do characters from a free trial stay when you go to a retail copy or do you need to create a whole new account (and if they stay, anyone have a buddy key for the NA servers they'd care to part with so I can get a start before payday)?

I don't know if they let you keep you trial toon. If you want a key and continue the game then you get in-game items. Plus you can only get to like level 7 on the trial.  [email protected]  hit me up if you are serious about playing and I;ll send you a key!

thanks.  email sent.

lol so I came home friday to find my wife bought me a copy of Aion for V-Day :P

Asmodian Chanter named Xilshale running around like a noob now.

lol so I came home friday to find my wife bought me a copy of Aion for V-Day :P

Asmodian Chanter named Xilshale running around like a noob now.

what server?!

Israphel

Cool hope to meet you out there one day!