Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO Benchmarks

juggernautfhjuggernautfh Member Posts: 1

Hi All;

I have been looking around and unable to find any sites that do MMORPG hardware benchmarks. Does anyone know of any?

All the sites always just test the systems against Cyrsis and the other highest end games. I know that obviously if a system runs those well it will run any MMO and any other game but it would still be nice to see various hardware benchmarks in a few popular MMOs.  At least then we could get a better idea of what kind of hardware we need to get various levels of FPS etc at various resolutions to base purchasing decisions on and that directly relate to the types of games we primarily use the machine for.

Just a tought and if you know of someone that posts this info I would love to know about it.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Every now and then you can find FFXIV or WoW benchmarks, and some older reviews may have EQ2 benchmarks. All in all they aren't all that telling when it comes to actually stressing hardware, which is why you rarely see them used. MMO's are typically (but certainly not always) designed to run on a large population of computers, and tend to be more focused on showing large numbers of players in one large area, rather than a very controlled number of players in a tightly enclosed area. It stresses hardware differently than a FPS, and many MMOs don't come with a good way to consistently benchmark independent of online conditions (FFXIV has a dedicated benchmark, the rest may vary widely depending on time of day, internet congestion, etc.)

I know Tom's Hardware has a big WoW article to cover the new DX11 engine with Cataclysm:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-directx-11-performance,2793.html
    That's probably as comprehensive of a list as I can find, I'm afraid.