Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fantasy Realm Online Beta Launched!

Hello everyone,

We have just launched Beta for our new MMORPG, Fantasy Realm Online: Moon Haven. The game takes place in a medieval fantasy setting and begins at the dawn of a prophesized apocalypse.  While the story line, game play and world are all still being developed, much of the core functionality is completed.

The game currently features a fully fledged combat both NvP, and PvP (as well as a protected new player system), character leveling, a good/evil faction based system, a very unique guided skill system, quests, magic system, weather system and a full economy system. The game and quest system is designed to provide an enjoyable multiplayer experience as well as solo experience. In the near future, players of both good and evil will be able to actively take roles in the story line of Fantasy Realm Online, and perform actions such as city invasions and territory take over's. For now though we are at an important stage of development in which the core features need to be tested.

The client and server engine are completely custom built over the past 7 years. Players who enjoy games such as Diablo, the Ultima Series, and Eschalon will likely also enjoy playing our Fantasy Realm Online.  you can read more about our game/game engine by clicking here.

The graphics engine and game view is similar to the games mentioned above. The game is mainly isometric 2D graphics, using 3d lighting and alpha blending techniques to enrich the environment. see below for an example screen shot (or our site for more screenshots).

If this sounds like your type of game, please consider signing up for our open beta registration. Once we get about 100 users beta will be closed for a few weeks. Please check out our website at {Mod edit}

We have a players guide with some basic installation and game control information currently populated on our site, we are working to complete our players guide to give understanding of skills/stat systems and different characters but it will take some time so please be patient. After you register we will personally email you some getting started information to help ease your way through the game, typically within a day.

The game is compatible with most Windows and Linux systems.

Screenshot:

Thanks

Fantasy Realm Online Support

Comments

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

Your website has no forums - I use windows 7- "FROCLIENT has stopped working error-

I patch the game, click play, it patched somemore, got to a title screen with the globe/map, after the next screen I get the above error.

Was reading the game guild - crashes at the "realm browser" screen

• FantasyRealmFantasyRealm Member Posts: 13

Ok have you tried relaunching the game after you received this error? Also at what point of the realm browser did it crash, at the list or did you hit the gold arrow that takes you to a little screenshot of the game?

you can reply to [email protected] for additional support. Note support forums are coming in a few weeks.

Thanks

• japojapo Member Posts: 306

Okay...I got into the game okay and have been killing stuff.

Two questions....How can I create a female character? 

And...how do I check my inventory?  I've looted some mobs but can't see where or what the loot is.

Thanks.

Sure your inventory can be opened by double clicking your the bag on the right hand side of the screen slightly above to the right of your boots. Again please feel free to message [email protected] for the fastest response.

Two your second question we do not currently have any female playable characters... A woman warrior maybe added in the future, and their may also be one or more women merchant characters. 

Thanks

really wish I could get the game to work :)

Momo, I just replied with another email to you, as I stated this problem may take some time to solve, I do not know your whole computer/network configuration is. We have had about 25 different people log onto the game with no technical issues reported.  So you may have a fairly unique situation, were willing to work through it with you but it is going to require patience :-)

In the mean time if you have access to another computer I would recommend trying that, it may help us narrow down what the issue could be.

Thanks

• SunderrSunderr Member Posts: 2

i'm getting the same error when i reach 'realm browser' screen :/ tried to reopen lots of times and the same error happens everytime.

• mlauzonmlauzon Member UncommonPosts: 767

I get the following error, and it does it everytime I start it up:

The specs on my laptop:

Win7 Ultimate x64

4GB ram

dual-core Pentium 2Ghz

1GB Nvidia GeForce 240M

--
    Michael

• SaaboSaabo Member UncommonPosts: 35

same problem

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

It's a beta, is expected to have problems, but grats on your launch! :D

Ok this helps a lot let me see what we can do. I will have another post when I believe the problem is fixed... Out of curiosity what version of the .NET Framework do you have installed? Also are you outside US?

Thanks

Please try to launch your realm browsers again, I have updated the date and times produced by our web services to be culture invariant, your systems seem to be unable to parse a US standard date so I believe this may fix your problem.

Thanks

Fantasy Realm Online

• ParkertimeParkertime Member UncommonPosts: 7

Originally posted by japo

I lol'd

• mlauzonmlauzon Member UncommonPosts: 767

I'm in Canada, our dates & times are the same as in the US.

--
    Michael

Originally posted by Parkertime

Originally posted by japo

I lol'd

One is in the works... Were trying to test all the core systems right now. This is the primary focus of this stage of the beta.

Your updated fixed the realm browser it now works for me :)

Awsome, strange issue... Thanks for letting me know it worked for you. :-)

• SaaboSaabo Member UncommonPosts: 35

nice ...crash is fixed for me too

Curious does this game use the paperdoll system... ie.. if you equip a sword, your avatar has a sword... or wear place, your armors appearance changes? also how do we delete a character on the character select screen

Originally posted by momodig

Curious does this game use the paperdoll system... ie.. if you equip a sword, your avatar has a sword... or wear place, your armors appearance changes? also how do we delete a character on the character select screen

The ranger does what you are saying (per sword or bow), however the other character types mainly can use one weapon type (other than the barbarian mace and axes)... so they do not change artwork. We do not have access to the number of graphics it would take to customize appearance for every combination, We have priced them from a professional vendor and it is outside our budget right now, thats not to say this wont be improved in the future. Character images are updated when you reach level 6 and select an allegiance btw. based on whether you side with good or evil...

In regards to your second question, We need to add a delete button to that character creation screen :-). you are currently allowed to create upto five characters.

We will plan on doing the delete button very soon. Have you used all five slots?

Thanks

yes my 5 slots are use, I keep remaking be I couldn't get out of attack mode and keep dieing... no gear

Ok we will expand that tomorrow in Tuesday's patch to 10 and get to work on the delete functionality. Please note a recent patch allows you to keep your things when you are a new player and die (lower than level 7). I also recommend opening a bank account in brimstone to store your items. Just email [email protected] and we can go over this.

Thanks

I'm still having issues with combat ctrl-tab enters combat, but ctrl-c does not exit combat... also I have fire spell setup for hotkey F1... seems when i'm in combat mode I can't use the F1 hotkey  -- and while in combat mode I can't chat -- really need a forum of your own on the webpage prompto :) because of these flaws I can't play, I can't even open doors while in combat mode... I want to play.

trying to get around this, I even log out and back in, my character is still combat mode -- I quit game, get back to login screen, my cursor is still in combat mode... I can't type log in or password, complate close game and reload, character still in combat mode.

Also please take a look at your target feature (tab) pressing it should bring up numbers, it seems to only work when I'm combat mode, as it stands now I can't open a door using that feature or the mouse.

Not shooting the game down, I really enjoy the concept I just can't play :) also charging for using the bank is very difficult for me X amount of gold over 7 days is hard I'm casual work 7 days a week.

and after you die mobs are still agro, the same one keeps killing me:( --this leaves experimenting with mobs to see if you can kill them undesirable--

Originally posted by momodig

I'm still having issues with combat ctrl-tab enters combat, but ctrl-c does not exit combat... also I have fire spell setup for hotkey F1... seems when i'm in combat mode I can't use the F1 hotkey  -- and while in combat mode I can't chat -- really need a forum of your own on the webpage prompto :) because of these flaws I can't play, I can't even open doors while in combat mode... I want to play.

trying to get around this, I even log out and back in, my character is still combat mode -- I quit game, get back to login screen, my cursor is still in combat mode... I can't type log in or password, complate close game and reload, character still in combat mode.

Also please take a look at your target feature (tab) pressing it should bring up numbers, it seems to only work when I'm combat mode, as it stands now I can't open a door using that feature or the mouse.

Not shooting the game down, I really enjoy the concept I just can't play :) also charging for using the bank is very difficult for me X amount of gold over 7 days is hard I'm casual work 7 days a week.

and after you die mobs are still agro, the same one keeps killing me:( --this leaves experimenting with mobs to see if you can kill them undesirable--

momo you may be misunderstanding the controls.  You dont acctually need to stay in combat mode to attack creatures. (its not acctually a mode). Here is how it works

1. You press ctrl+tab to select an attack target, then you single click on a creature or press they key that is besides a creature. (You wont be able to type during this time because your keyboard is captured for targeting). Notice your cursor will be a cross hair of swords during this period. Once you target a creature with a number or by clicking on it the cursor will dissapear and you will no longer be able to target. Once you target youll be able to type again in your box. You can change your attack target at anytime using this. Alternatively, If you decide not to change/select your attack target to exit attack targeting mode or any targeting mode press escape. your cursor will go back to normal... (Note there is a known issue that resuts in you being unable to target if you mistype while in attack mode, which causes you to press escape before being able to type/target correctly again...)

2. If you are already in combat with a creature and not targeting use ctrl+c to clear your current combat target, and stop your character from auto attacking (unless your hit again after the clear).

3. To open a door you can, double click it or set a hot key and use that hot key to open the door you are facing note you must be right next to it and facing it. The targeting system was not designed to open doors... Only for target selection for spells, combat etc...

Admitly there is a problem if you exit the game in attack mode... you wont be able to type and you will have to quit the game and log back in then press escape to exit attack targeting mode because the server still has you in attack target mode.

I hope my comments above really help, I encourage you to check out the players guide on our site if you are having issues with controls (many of the common controls are documented), though I am happy to help you anyway I can.

The bank fee is 5gp for ~6..5 days, while we didnt think this was very excessive it is something we will review. That is the point of beta, were looking for feedback in areas like this. 

I am unsure what you mean by your mob comment. Please elaborate.

BTW we are working on our forums, just another week or two until we have them working.

Thanks

Mages seems very unbalanced... I buy 50 ash for 100 gold takes me 4-7 (some times over 10 -- I'ave actually on killed two mobs) ash to kill a mob... I can't recoop the cost of regeants.

I can't even kill a ratman...