Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Walking in Stations?

2»

Comments

• ZeroBoogieZeroBoogie Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by Hazelle

Originally posted by batolemaeus

Sorry, I forgot that these guys aren't an independent game developer that is billing us for this expansion and all past expansions for that matter.  You're right, with their resources, they should be able to develop code that will cure cancer while you play!  I mean, what else are they doing with my 20 dollar game purchase and 15 dollars a month?  Feeding themselves?  Pfft!

That's the best "argument" you have? Seriously? A logical fallacy is all you got? At least you're making it trivial to brush away anything you wrote..

The decline in productivity within CCP is a pretty serious issue. They already admitted that they still do not know what gameplay the expansion is supposed to have. They wasted years on development time on some shiny with no defined featureset. That, right there, is a dead giveaway of an incoming failure.

As dominion and tyrannis showed, that problem has become widespread within ccp. They haven't managed to deliver a feature consisting of more than exclusively "musts" since apocrypha.

The productivity at ccp has been consistant since they launched the game.

They launch and build on top on top of it.  This is how they've done it all along.

Review the past expansions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansions_of_Eve_Online

Nothing has changed, hell, not even you folks that suffer from retrograde amnesia everytime there's an upcoming expansion.

well at least with eve online, every expension we got we didnt get to pay for it like WoW, and they did lots of good thing with eve, i dont know if you saw eve from the start, i did and still am playing it, and will love it all the same, because CCP does more expension then WoW and we dont pay for it, plus it grow, its more pretty and has got lots more for my bucks then i expected since the first day. everyone that got something bad to say against EvE Online, are WoW players (meaning kids). LOL

It's My Way Or The Highway...

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Originally posted by ZeroBoogie

Sorry, I forgot that these guys aren't an independent game developer that is billing us for this expansion and all past expansions for that matter.  You're right, with their resources, they should be able to develop code that will cure cancer while you play!  I mean, what else are they doing with my 20 dollar game purchase and 15 dollars a month?  Feeding themselves?  Pfft!

That's the best "argument" you have? Seriously? A logical fallacy is all you got? At least you're making it trivial to brush away anything you wrote..

The decline in productivity within CCP is a pretty serious issue. They already admitted that they still do not know what gameplay the expansion is supposed to have. They wasted years on development time on some shiny with no defined featureset. That, right there, is a dead giveaway of an incoming failure.

As dominion and tyrannis showed, that problem has become widespread within ccp. They haven't managed to deliver a feature consisting of more than exclusively "musts" since apocrypha.

The productivity at ccp has been consistant since they launched the game.

They launch and build on top on top of it.  This is how they've done it all along.

Review the past expansions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansions_of_Eve_Online

Nothing has changed, hell, not even you folks that suffer from retrograde amnesia everytime there's an upcoming expansion.

well at least with eve online, every expension we got we didnt get to pay for it like WoW, and they did lots of good thing with eve, i dont know if you saw eve from the start, i did and still am playing it, and will love it all the same, because CCP does more expension then WoW and we dont pay for it, plus it grow, its more pretty and has got lots more for my bucks then i expected since the first day. everyone that got something bad to say against EvE Online, are WoW players (meaning kids). LOL

It's also a lot more stable and when I started playing there was a queue to login...

• AshurmijaAshurmija Member Posts: 1

"well at least with eve online, every expension we got we didnt get to pay for it like WoW, and they did lots of good thing with eve, i dont know if you saw eve from the start, i did and still am playing it, and will love it all the same, because CCP does more expension then WoW and we dont pay for it, plus it grow, its more pretty and has got lots more for my bucks then i expected since the first day. everyone that got something bad to say against EvE Online, are WoW players (meaning kids). LOL"

Well*, didn't*, have*, alot*, Eve*, I*, don't*, Eve,*, but I*, I'm still*, (sparatic chance of grammatical tense)*, don't*, grows*, it's*, (more pretty?????????) has alot more* (more for my buck... really?) I* Everyone*, that has* to say about* 

good god bro that was terrible..  but anyway..

"because CCP does more expension [produces more expansions?] then [than] WoW [Blizzard] and [because] we dont [don't have to] pay for it, "

Ignoring the obvious, and severe illiteracy here... No... Granted, I proffer Eve Online, I played World of Warcraft from its conception and Eve Online Since 2007, and World of Warcrafts’ 12+ million subscribers worldwide, versus Eve Onlines’ 300,000+ subscribers speaks for itself. 

World of Warcraft may produce fewer expansions than Eve Online, but the quality and the contents of World of Warcraft expansions far.. FAR exceeds those of Eve Online. World of Warcraft does charge for their expansions, yes, but they also have a much, MUCH larger employee base and corporate size to maintain, plus a significantly larger subscriber base to entertain. 

My final point is more of personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt; but when you have to start reverting to the cost of a game to debate which is better... you have already lost.

World of Warcraft may produce fewer expansions than Eve Online, but the quality and the contents of World of Warcraft expansions far.. FAR exceeds those of Eve Online. World of Warcraft does charge for their expansions, yes, but they also have a much, MUCH larger employee base and corporate size to maintain, plus a significantly larger subscriber base to entertain. 

My final point is more of personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt; but when you have to start reverting to the cost of a game to debate which is better... you have already lost.

• LysarionLysarion Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by Ashurmija

Ignoring the obvious, and severe illiteracy here... No... Granted, I proffer Eve Online, I played World of Warcraft from its conception and Eve Online Since 2007, and World of Warcrafts’ 12+ million subscribers worldwide, versus Eve Onlines’ 300,000+ subscribers speaks for itself. 

Wait... What? You're serving again the 12M+ vs. 300k+ subscribers? You can't base your deduction on that point.

Why, you will ask me? Just because they don't have the same advertising budget... Blizzard is advertising for WOW every year, through TV campaigns and internet... I barely saw even one ad about EVE...

Eve just suffer a great lack of communication.

BUT, the point is, all EVE is still groing, with just subscibers dragging new people in, providing the new ones support and help. This way, Eve does have a stable base subscribers number, when Wow population rapidly decrease  every 6 months after a new expansion...

Last point for myself, EVE is not a finished game. Wow could be, if Blizzard wasn't modifying the old warfcraft stories to allow them to add new content and sell extensions.

I'm french, that's why I sometimes mis-use or mis-spell some words... Please don't blame me.
    (but feel free to explain my error if you want =)
    Need an Eve-Online trial invite? PM me your email adress =)

• palomppalomp Member Posts: 31

World of Warcraft may produce fewer expansions than Eve Online, but the quality and the contents of World of Warcraft expansions far.. FAR exceeds those of Eve Online.

Lookin forward to the year 2030 i can see EVE still being online.

Can you say the same for WOW?

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

You can't compare EVE expansions to WoW's. WoW's are made to make the grind longer, to give players new dungeons to repeat and such. EVE adds to the game in a more horizontal fashion, without making other things obsolete like WoW's ever expanding tiers.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    People expect too much. Incarna will be nothing but a scifi version of a social hub with a few mini-games and player housing. The game is still and will be all about space and our ships.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

If anyone's interested in more info, this devblog (http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=857) hints some features will be revealed next week, and more at this years fanfest.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Yeah, Team :awesome: are great at "hinting" at features.

Not so good at actually delivering them, though. We're still waiting on half the announced feature list for Dominion ffs.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Which announced dominion features have actually made it to tq? I can't think of a single one from the top of my head. Still waiting for the descriptive sov system and treaties for example, or properly balanced supers.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Which announced dominion features have actually made it to tq? I can't think of a single one from the top of my head. Still waiting for the descriptive sov system and treaties for example, or properly balanced supers.

Pirate faction ships. They used to nearly all be terrible, now they're nearly all excellent.

Give me liberty or give me lasers