Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: After playing the Rift betas

xBludxxBludx Member Posts: 376

If you have played in the Rift betas and decided to stick with WoW, why?

If you are leaving WoW for Rift, why?

If you are planning on maintaining subs to both, for how long, and why?

Comments

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

WoW: to me Cata is fail, as it have nothing to offer for me to do;  all done 1 month after release & I left WoW as was bored.

Rift: so far not much new, nothing much to do, so may be will last month or two till I'll get bored of it, beside it very similar to WoW in many things.

I would rather pick up GW 2, hope it will be out soon, or, may be, something new (to discover).

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• TotecTotec Member Posts: 220

Rift: I'm tired of WoW's graphics. The first 4-6 months they were great and I loved the artwork, but after a while the tooniness just doesn't appeal to me... For once I want to have a sword that doesn't look like a tree and a crystal had a baby. I also like the Trion development team, they seem to really be on the ball.

• ThelowThelow Member Posts: 149

Maybe gonna check hows rift, mostly waiting for GW2.

Yeh I am already bit bored of cataclysm

• allinanallinan Member Posts: 79

My wife and I are going to Rift.  Leaving the two kids in WoW.  WoW was just not holding my attention, my two kids love WoW tho.

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

Rift just isn't grabbing me and Cataclysm did a good job of running me off with a stick and leaving me with nothing worthwhile to come back to.

Guess I'll play single-player games for a while.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• TotecTotec Member Posts: 220

Originally posted by LordDraekon

Rift just isn't grabbing me and Cataclysm did a good job of running me off with a stick and leaving me with nothing worthwhile to come back to.

*cough* Dragon Age 2 *end cough*

• because WoW is too easy. Because WoW is so top heavy if you try to pvp as you level you get pwnd by twinks everytime. Because WoW has 0 population outside of main cities due to the dungeon finder. Because I can't stand the dated graphics. I'm sure theres more but I'll leave it at that.

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

Originally posted by Totec

Originally posted by LordDraekon

*cough* Dragon Age 2 *end cough*

I'd thought about that, but Origins felt so "clunky". I'm actually looking forward to Sims Medieval (hold the laughter) next month and still giving Rift a chance to get my money. Also, I'm taking another look at Fallen Earth. I actually finally made a character that didn't look like he strolled out of a biker bar.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift