Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Few questions

cvettecvette Member UncommonPosts: 82

I really love the concept of this game and it looks like it could be my next UO. Anyways,  i have a question about what the players will be trying to do at launch.

Will the focus be on building a house for yourself? I have a few questions about this.

I am thinking along the lines of UO here and trying to do a comparrison.

1. How long does it take to build a house.

2.While you are gathering your resources to build a house, where do you store them? I assume your character can only hold     so much.

3.Is there a skill cap on your character or can you eventually learn all the trades, so you can build the house without any help?

Guess thats about it.

Thanks for the time

Comments

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Hello and welcome to Xsyon, Cvette

1. No idea, really. I haven't tried to do it myself, but it shouldn't take as long as it did in UO to gather all that cash for the deed for even the smallest house, for example.

2. You are able to make a tribe, which is gonna be claimed as your personal area where you'll be able to place personal items in your made baskets (they are really easy to make)

3. There is some kind of soft skill cap but you easily build your own camp/tent/house(I don't think there are actually real houses in the game for now) all by yourself.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• JohansonJohanson Member UncommonPosts: 52

Well, since I'm playing this game for only 3 days, I can't give you accurate answers, but anyway:

2. You either drop resources on the ground (larger types of resources like wooden beams) or put them in containers (smaller stuff like nails or metal plates)

3. I think there is softcap so you can't learn all skills to the maximum (plus there will be skill decay for skills thatz you don't use) but you should build smaller house by yourself I think.

• cvettecvette Member UncommonPosts: 82

Thanks for the answers. When i read Tribe on a lot of post i thought it meant guild (guild city). So tribe is a small piece of land you claim as your own? Build a few baskets then eventually expand into houses?

If that is how it works, then how do you claim a piece of land to place your baskets and eventually a house on?

How big can that piece of land be?

• BLueBEarBLueBEar Member Posts: 242

Originally posted by cvette
    I really love the concept of this game and it looks like it could be my next UO. Anyways,  i have a question about what the players will be trying to do at launch.
    Will the focus be on building a house for yourself? I have a few questions about this.
    2.While you are gathering your resources to build a house, where do you store them? I assume your character can only hold     so much.
    3.Is there a skill cap on your character or can you eventually learn all the trades, so you can build the house without any help?

Guess thats about it.

Thanks for the time

Xsyon is nothing at all like Ultima Online, click here for explanations on why.

Oh my got!!!
    i neber see a graphic of this before,
    i neber p2p any game before, but this game i must!

• yooriyoori Member Posts: 95

Originally posted by cvette

Guess thats about it.

Thanks for the time

First i'd like to clear one thing. Tribe is like nation, not a guild, later we'll be able to create guilds inside tribes.

1. It depends on what you want to do. I would recommend hireing an architect, getting all needed tools and repipes will take you forever on your own. I know I'm an architect.

2. you can store resources on ground or in bins, but if architect will place a ghost of building you can instert required resources there, once all resources are in place architect can finnish building, you will probably have to buy some components for other crafters.

3. there is a softcap and skill decay you won't be able to master everything but you can do anything, if your skill isn't high produced items won't be of good quality and decay faster(houses as well) .

Different tribes have different approaches to land, some have planned everything, want to stay small, build a keep, etc.

My tribe will build government, public buildings, storage and defences. Every member will get piece of land to build their house, however they like.