Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is there for me?

HarelinHarelin Member UncommonPosts: 409

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean the subject line to sound that self-involved :)

But I really did enjoy AO when I played a while back. I reached level 51 or so, then decided at the time that there was too much repetition in the missions and such and cancelled. But this was before any expansions came out.

The expansions sound intriguing... but what part of them would appeal to me? A fairly new player by most standards, were the expansions built to entice new players or to keep the ones they currently have? Should I see any appeal in them?

Because as it is, I would really like to try out AO again... but I know I'd probably fall into the same trap with the basic original game. What use are the expansions to me if I'm only level 51? Does it even introduce any new modern content for players at that level or is it entirely geared at the 200+ levels? The basic game is probably devoid of any life right now... my usual hang-out in Omni-Tek Ent near the mission terminal was deserted last time I popped up, so by that assumption I presume everyone is playing the expansions?

Just clue me in, because AO is a good game but I just don't know where those expansions were supposed to fall in regards to me.

Comments

• blucommunistblucommunist Member Posts: 73

Well....

That isn't even the big problem. People have become such assholes on that game, Icame back to play after a while and asked where I could get a transport to Rome because I was a little lost.

People were so rude. All they did was call me a 'noob' and say I should go look it up. I mean how hard is it just to say "go NW and blah blah blah...

Perhaps its just Omni...but no wonder no one plays anymore. I remember AO with a nice community that took care of it old, new and returning players. I say good riddens. Don't try the expansions, b/c without a mature community its not worth it. I'm going back to WOW because people there are nice and fun. I don't play games to be bitched at, if I wanted that I would log out and talk to my husband and kids.

Another thing is the world has become so empty. They have all these expansions but no one to fill them. LoL. Even the roads that used to be packed with new players and travelers are empty. The noob island is "for the most part" empty. People are nasty there also. I asked if anyone wanted to group on the channel and I got a snide remark from almost everyone. I'm really dissipointed with what has happened. A bunch of people may disagree but you can't deny the community has gotten more nasty and less open to newcomers and returning gamers.

"Despite what they tell you the original RAY's is on 7th ave."

• nilsynilsy Member Posts: 10

well why dont u try for 1 month and if ur not happy u will only lost little time and little money

no pain no game image