Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keyboard & mouse

ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

Im having trouble playing FFxiv with a k&m, atm Im clicking my combat moves then clicking on the enemy to activate them however, Im having trouble clicking on small enemys and enemys that spawn inside each other are impossible to target.

Can someone tell me if Im playing it wrong with the k&m and if so, how should I be doing it?

Would it be best I just to use a controller do you think?

Comments

• DisdenaDisdena Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

I've been using keyboard and mouse the whole time. For combat, I tend to use the keyboard only: left hand on movement keys, right hand by the numpad. I use 0 on the numpad to tab between targets, numbers on the top row to use abilities, and Enter on the numpad to confirm. I don't use the mouse except to move the camera or to target a party member in Behest.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Although I can use the mouse and keyboard if necessary, I've found the game to be MUCH easier to play using a controller (I bought a Xbox360 controller just for this game). Although targeting enemies isn't as quick with a controller, it's balanced by the fact most of the other stuff is faster (such as switching spell casting modes, managing inventory, targeting party members, etc).

<3

• VaenVaen Member Posts: 140

By the way, somewhere in the menu (config I think) you change your controller and keymapping, or something anyway, that makes controlling easier with a mouse and keyboard. I found that to be of absolute necessity in order to get anything done with mouse and keyboard. Just in case you didn't know.

Edit: Lol, I thought this is XI forum, ignore me!

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

thnx for the info people, it was really helpfull:)

• shal.ffxishal.ffxi Member Posts: 115

You can use the F9 key (not sure if I've remap the keys already). Bscially you can use the target nearest enemy. It workes very well. BTW, SE has enabled keyboard mapping if you don't already know. Like someone else already said, use a controller to play, makes it so much enjoyable.

And btw, learn how to use the marcos. It's great to use. ^^

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

Do you know to a good guide to the macros, as I don't fully understand them tbh?

Also do you know if there are any plans to improve the mouse and keyboard controls?

I do have a xbox 360 controller so I think Im going to give that a shot however, it will be weird at first as Im used to playing mmorpgs with k&m.

Thnx again for the info:)

• TraptlockTraptlock Member Posts: 6

I just started playing FFXIV today.  Is there anyway to "lock" the camera behind you in 3rd person view?  I know in FFXI they had the "chase" cam so is there anything similiar to that?  Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.